“recommended lovely hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Glasgow, Scotland
“recommended lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

Lovely hotel. Very nice food the first night, second night the amount of food was a bit less but still lovely. Beautiful big comfy beds

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Co. Derry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

We stayed in this hotel for our wedding anniversary and we found it to be very satisfactory. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and less than 10 mins took us into the city centre. Would definitely stay again and can honestly say we were very happy with it.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I stayed in this hotel on May 9th 2009 with my boyfriend, we booked our room through hotels.com. What attracted us to this hotel was its supposed 4* rating and a deal of a double room with a king sized bed, bathrobe and slippers and a 3 course meal each all for 120 euro. First off, the hotel is very far from the city centre and not a 10 minute walk as described, then upon check in we were given a twin room, when I asked to be moved to the double we booked I was told there were no other available rooms. When checking out I complained to the manager who was very apologetic and agreed to discount some money from the total price for the inconvenience caused, which ended up being 10 pounds. An absolute joke. And on top of all this, they forgot to cancel the amount predicted we would run up on the bill (when they swipe your card at check in), so I have been charged in total 320 euro for this room. I have emailed the hotel on 2 occasions inquiring about this and haven't still recieved a reply, I also phoned them to rectify the room charge and they said they would do it immediately and inform me, which they haven't.
I will never stay at this hotel again, everything was very unprofessional. Don't be fooled by the photos on the hotel website, the rooms are that of an average 3* hotel, if not less.

• Liked — Restaraunt
  • Disliked — Staff handling of complaints and problems
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Nicola_Coleman
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2009

I stayed at the Ramada Hotel, off the Malone road in Belfast at the end of February with my mother and two sisters.

The rooms were good size, 2 double beds in both rooms we booked were very comfy and large tv with all stations. I asked for a quiet room as I was sharing with my mother and it overlooked the back carpark and had not much light. To be honest I would say most rooms are quiet as its so far out of city centre and set back off the road also. Whilst I knew it was not central I did not realise how far out it actually was.

One problem we did have was in the bathroom, the extractor fans did not come on when the door was closed. When I reported it to the reception I was told they were silent but if I placed my hand up I would feel the air. This I did and there was nothing. I feel I was being fobbed off here, so couldn't be bothered to go back down.

We ate in the restaurant one night which was quiet and the food was nice. I paid the bill and on leaving the restaurant manager ran after us shouting . We stopped and when another member of staff showed him we had paid and left a generous tip we got a nod & a smile. I was very angered by this behaviour. We met an english lady who was exiting the restaurant at the same time and she had problems too, where they insisted her credit card was registered at reception before they served her. She had only arrived and was to finish checking in her details with reception later after she ate but the restaurant had refused to serve her until it was done. Very unprofessional and mistrusting of guests. We also had our credit card charged partially on arrival - it was so we could use our hotel card in restaurants around town and save carrying cash. This was a first for me - I think they may have had problems with guests not settling up on leaving but I have never had to do this in a hotel down South.

The pool and dressing rooms were not nice at all. Tiny dressing room area. We also had to bring our towels down from the room as they did not supply them in the leisure centre. Again for me this was a First! The bar area wasn't bad. We spent a small fortune in taxi's into belfast city centre and back each day. We dined at Villa Italia- a fine Italian restaurant recommended to me at 37 University road, just past the University heading into Belfast centre.. It was packed out for a Tuesday night. It was very good value. There is also a good steak house 3 doors up from this that I believe is very good.

We took the sight seeing tour for £12 approx which was very informative and a great way to see the city. Great shops, the newest centre is Victoria Square alot of designer shops .

I would return to belfast but would consider staying closer to city centre - Days hotel and the Europa hotel are within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank NIM-CAILIN-BEAG
essex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

i recently had the misfortune to stay at this hotel , if anyone is thinking of the same choosr another, staff churlish and service what you would expect in a down trodden flea pit yes that is a bit harsh but i would have expected better from a four star

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ycollins18
Cavan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

Myself and my family of two adults and two children a 8year old and a 4year old stayed in the Ramada Hotel Belfast on the 16th April to the 18th April 2009. When I booked the family room I was told that it was a large family room with two queen size beds. When we arrived to our room it was a Small room with two double beds, I complained and was told they, get a lot of complains about the rooms and just to fill out a complain's form and leave it for management. The pool and gym of the hotel is run by LA fitness and I can't discribe how dirty LA fitness pool and changing areas were. In fact I have never been in as dirty a place in all my life and can't understand how they are getting away with it. We stayed in the Ramada Hotel because we were visiting Belfast with our children and we wanted a pool in the Hotel. We'll not be staying in a Ramada again.
Family from Co. Cavan.

1 Thank HKeenanCavan
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2009

We were attending an event at the King's Hall in Belfast, for which this hotel is well-located if you're driving-- less than 10 minutes away, with ample parking.

We'd booked a double room, but were actually given a suite when we checked in at 2pm (the check-in time quote on their website), presumably because their double rooms still weren't ready. This basically meant we got a bit more space, a sofa, a leather office chair and an extra television, which was all very nice-- except that when you were lying in bed, it was difficult to stop the remote control from operating both TVs at once!

We paid £15 per person extra when we booked, a dinner supplement that covered a three course meal in the hotel's main restaurant (the Belfast Bar and Grill). This was pretty good value for three good-sized courses (plus coffee), although the dishes that arrived didn't all entirely match the descriptions on the menu.. e.g. the poached peaches didn't appear to be poached at all, but that didn't particularly bother me. On the plus side, the wine we chose was supposed to be £18, but they only charged us £15 for some reason!

There was plenty of choice at breakfast, with decent sausage, bacon and eggs if you like a fry-up.

The swimming pool was clean and a decent size, although not very deep. The jacuzzi was just a walled-off corner of the pool, though, so it wasn't really as warm as a jacuzzi ought to be. And it was doubling as a paddling pool for some younger kids when we were there, so it wasn't the most relaxing spot in the hotel either! The sauna and steam room were basic but perfectly adequate.

Overall, it was a very pleasant place to stay for a night.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple