“Our stay”

Ranked #19 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Belfast
“Our stay”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We both loved our two nights stay at Everlyns. Was a little difficult to find initially but well worth the effort. We would highly recommend and will stay there again on our return. Evelyn made every effort to ensure ours stay was a happy one

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Carl B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
UK
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This B&B had everything: a quiet, beautifully-furnished and decorated room; a friendly owner and dog; and a delicious breakfast. As well as all this, it is also great value. I will stay here whenever I return to Belfast in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Guest024
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Evelyn's is a little trickery to find at first so make sure you check out the directions. My husband and I stayed in the room at the top of the house for two nights. The room had its own sink and comfy bed but sadly lacked a kettle. The house is beautifully furnished and the Victorian (shared) bathroom is quirky. The b&b is about a 15-20 min walk into the centre. Lynn is friendly and the dog is very cute! Breakfast was chive omelette. We would also recommended the barking dog restaurant around the corner from here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank channii70
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My friend & I stayed at Evelyn's for two nights, we wish we could have stayed longer. Lynn is so friendly and accomodating - and she's an amazing cook! We loved our breakfasts! :) The House is gorgeous with original victorian touches through-out. The bathroom is amazing, you feel like 1800's royalty in clawfoot tub/shower. Might be the best hot shower I've ever had. Our room had the most beautiful iron bed frame, and was so comfortable we didn't want to leave. I definitley recommend staying in the room at the top of the house - but they're all beautiful. We fell in love with her dog, Kerry - I wanted to take her with me when we left. We fell in love with Lynn & Kerry and look forward to visiting again when we're in NI.

It's an easy 15 min walk to the centre of Belfast, where you can hop a tour bus to the Antrim Coast or just walk around the City. We took the Black Car Tour of the political murals, etc and it was wonderful. Belfast is rich with history and friendly, cool people. We were also impressed with how good the food was! We loved every restaurant we stopped at - but by far - The Coop on Hill Street in Belfast Centre was the best!

When in Belfast - definitely stay at Evelyn's!

Room Tip: Make sure when driving there that you pay attention to the street names, Wellington Park is the name...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Regan C
Ithaca NY
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Loved staying here and felt like a house guest, not a tourist. I had the attic room -- high ceilings, windows, clean and fresh, and absolutely quiet. Lots of stairs, but Lynn hauled my suitcase up to the top for me. Great Victorian shower with modern water pressure. A charming period home in a terrifically convenient setting for Queens University, the Ulster Museum, buses, and Victorian South Belfast. Just a short walk to the city center. I stayed here before attending an Ulster Historical Foundation workshop, and hope to return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank zenthyme
Co. Meath
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Lynn is a super host and most friendly. My room was in the attic and was very clean and spacious. It is a shared bathroom but don't let that put you off as it is original and quirky and spotlessly clean and as there are so few rooms the sharing really isn't an issue. It is in a great location and Kerry the wee dog will give you a warm welcome. No real choice for breakfast but my chive omelette was made literally in front of me and was delicious

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2013

It's not often we mention a B&B as one of the highlights of a holiday, and especially this latest enervating holiday that took in islands (Tory and Rathlin), puffins and seals, you name it. But there it is - beautiful house, welcoming host (you felt you were staying with friends, not at a B&B), and a lovely little dog, Kerry, who wore a green bandana when going out, which made her eeven more cute! Thoroughly recommended.

John & Dee