“Different Waffles?”

Ranked #12 of 176 Quick Bites in Belfast
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Very dissappointed with the new shop bought waffles that the cafe is now using- no where near as nice as the homemade fresh ones that used to be prepared, please bring the old waffles back :(

3  Thank Alexander R

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I have visited Mauds for years now looking forward to my next visit every time. Staff always very pleasent! Every time I have a freshly made waffle which is beautiful.

However; on my two last recent visits the waffles are pre made and taste horrible in comparison to the previously made fresh ones. It's such a let down and I wouldn't be getting it again. I work in catering myself and understand there may be a reason behind this. Please bring back the older waffles, people definetly notice the difference!

1  Thank W2782Ijimb
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I have been coming to Cafe Maud's on the Lisburn Road for quite some time now. On the plus side the coffee is always excellent and there is a good range of tray bakes and other treats to choose from. I have even had breakfast before and this was also great. However me and my friend used to love the freshly made waffles as a treat during the week. They were so good I used to look forward to them all week. Recently however, when me and a few other friends went to Maud's for a waffle, I was gutted to discover they are no longer freshly made. They are now shop bought and taste nowhere near as good as the original freshly made ones. This made the experience disappointing as I had been really looking forward to a delicious waffle. I have to say however the coffee was very good. Please bring the original freshly made waffles back!

3  Thank tomhutton2
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We visited Maud's for a mix-in last week! Mauds icecream itself is lovely and this is a great way to eat it! Service was good and there are plenty of comfy chairs to sit in!

1  Thank I3512PUtoms
Reviewed 22 March 2017

My Wife and I stopped in for tea and ice cream recently which was lovely. I seen some lovely food hitting the other tables so will be back to try some

1  Thank Donnelly307