“Fantastic morning!”
Review of Shuttersheep Photo Safari - CLOSED

Shuttersheep Photo Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: If you love photography and travel, why not join a Shuttersheep Photo Safari? A professional photographer will guide you around popular local travel locations, such as Belfast City Centre and the Causeway Coast, while giving you great advice and tips on composition, lighting, and exposure. All cameras and skill levels welcome. Be prepared for fun and great picture postcard moments!
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I got a Groupon deal which made this unbelievable value. The setup is superb, its just the basics (Belfast walking tour) but even "the basics" are advanced enough to make a massive difference to your photos. We covered ISO settings, aperture, shutter speed and composition, undertaking tasks such as street photography, assignment photography and portraits.

There is a half hour or so at the start when each concept is explained and through reinforcing 4 main principles throughout, you'll be nerding out explaining all your settings!

Want to do the dark course now!

2  Thank JenRobo6983

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Belfast by night made me appreciate the sights of Belfast. Loved it. Highly recommended. And as a local taking part on the tour was slightk embarrassed by my lack of knowledge of Belfast. Good fun.

1  Thank scoobyscout
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Have attended on more than one occasion and can recommend without hesitation or bribe, interesting and excellent value for money, will be attending another in near future!!! Gillian taking care of bookings extremely helpful, communicative and efficient....Phillip seems to be a very calm and approachable guy who is expert at unravelling the technical jargon for us neophytes and had us capturing some fantastic scenes in a short space of time. A well organised and reliable business. Go for it! Dress for weather and don't forget to bring a ziplock freezer bag to protect cam/lens against inevitable and accursed rain

4  Thank Arthur C
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Here are a great pair of city safaris, both are full of great tips and brought some reality to the sometimes baffling world of DSLR for me. You bring your camera, a tripod and in my case total lack of skill! Phillip is entertaining and educational, he goes through the key points needed to get your camera set up and has you taking great photos without even realising it. I now have some fantastic camera skills to use in several situations. The group was just about large enough with several keen photographers on each trip. A pleasant stroll around Belfast on a Saturday morning and Thursday night (warmimg cup of hot chocolate thrown in for free) and at least three great photos to print and proudly frame on each trip. Plus the essential added bonus of actually knowing what I am doing when producing my camera in future and feeling confident to use a tripod when needed.
I cannot recommend this experience highly enough and am looking forward to booking my third,
the snow safari is next for me!

1  Thank jaymac92opa
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Booking online was straightforward, and although the workshop had to be rescheduled due to heavy rain, there was lots of communication and a new time slot was booked.

So last night, my eldest daughter and I headed to Starbucks at Victoria Square, Belfast, wrapped up warm with cameras and tripods at the ready. We met up with Philip from Shutter Sheep and with only one "student", we headed over the Lagan to our location for most of the evening.

There was lots of practical tips and Philip shared his advice for choosing the correct settings for each of our cameras. With us all on Manual, we learned how to choose our focus, ISO, appeture etc. At one point Sammy the Seal swam past for a closer look.

As the sun began to set we were able to see how the light, wind and calmness of the water changed. We were treated to a flask of hot chocolate as we waited. Philip demonstrated with ND Filters how they could help bring out the details in landscape photography.

Eventually we got to the magic "blue hour", and with lots of encouragement from Philip we got some beautiful images.

Overall it was a great night. I learned so much, Philip was very patient, and his enthusiasm for photography was infectious.