Shuttersheep Photo Safari
More attraction details
Owner description: If you love photography and travel, why not join a Shuttersheep Photo Safari? A professional photographer will guide you around popular local travel locations, such as Belfast City Centre and the Causeway Coast, while giving you great advice and tips on composition, lighting, and exposure. All cameras and skill levels welcome. Be prepared for fun and great picture postcard moments!
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This is a great morning out in Belfast, learning the basics of photography in a friendly environment. Philip is highly experienced and passes on his expert knowledge in a simple and straight forward way. He showed us various techniques for improving our photography and we all got individual advice even though we were quite a large group with different levels of experience.
I'm looking forward to attending another of the Shuttersheep courses in the near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Excellent outing. Philip has this course to a tee. He gives you a few take away tools that'll let you experiment more with your camera and taking pictures in general. The course moves at a good pace and covers all the family, holiday, landscape and action type shots youre likely to take starting out so you know what to work on to make these better. I'm a beginner, but there were a web more experienced folk on the course and everyone was saying in the first hour they'd learned something. Some interesting little tasks during the course as well that'll keep you entertained. Definitely recommend this outing.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We had booked a 2 Day Landscape Course with Phillip and it was just great! He did everything to make us feel comfortable, we learned a lot about our cameras, took some really nice pictures and very important: had a lot of fun! If you would like to see Northern Ireland from a different view, meet a nice person an learn a lot about your camera, photography and the places you have found your landscape course :)

Reviewed 9 May 2013

The 1st time I met Philip was on his GIANT'S CAUSEWAY workshop, at which I learnt a great deal about composition, manual settings on my camera - ISO, APERTURE & SHUTTER SPEED.
My wife, listening to my excited report on the day decided she would get me a 1 On 1 tour with Philip. What a day! Recommend it to all! We met in Carnlough and visited Glenariffe, including the Waterfall; the magical arch of old trees near Gracehill; and Murlough Bay. At all 3 are great opportunities for all levels of photographers. With Philip's support and encouragement one readily learns and experiences about the different vistas and photographic opportunities offered at each site. Working side by side with Philip one almost feels that it is a partnership in photography as he draws out how you see and would set up to take photos. He also told me of many other sites that offer tremendous photographic opportunities in the Antrim coastal area - it's a photographer's goldmine and Philip know every area and the angles to best shoot each.
A great day! Philip opened my photographic eyes! I will be back to each of these sites at different times of the day and different light conditions offered by our 4 seasons...
Thanks again, Philip, see you again.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Really enjoyed this, Philip is a great teacher

18 on the course and covered ISO, aperture, composition, shutter speed

Great way to spend a Saturday morning and take pictures of the iconic Belfast City Hall and St Georges Market

A couple of things to note, if I owned the Rhubarb cafe I would make sure its open half an hour before the 9.30am kick off instead of 5 mins before and people would probably buy coffee/breakfast and also a handout detailing the basics covered in the course would be helpful instead of trying to take notes whilst outside