“Something different”

Kathmandu Kitchen Nepalese & Indian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Nepalese
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Kathmandu is a New restaurant in Belfast offers Nepalese and Indian food. The Kathmandu Kitchen would be an inspiring ethnic restaurant, would offers a unique dining experience combining an intriguing atmosphere with excellent, healthy Nepalese food and excellent services in Belfast.
“Something different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Having read good reviews about Kathmandu four of us booked for saturday evening and the reviews are fully justified. The sauces which complement the succulent meats are delicious and somewhat different from the usual Asian fare. Reasonably priced, especially the wines and no complaints whatsoever. Booking is advisable as it is fairly small but well with a visit.

2 Thank Jnjam

Dublin, Ireland
“Very good dinner time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

On our way to Belfast we've visited this restaurant, the staff was very friendly and atmosphere made us feel comfortable.we booked our table for 3 on 8pm, we waited for starter about 25 mins and 10 mins after that came the main course. Both - starter(tandoori prawns) and mains(KATHMANDU KEBAB SIZZLER & SEKUWA LAMB) were fantastic dishes.Fresh,hot, tasty.
If the food was cooked and served bit faster, we would rate excellent.The waiting time put it little down.Prices - ok, we would recommend.

5 Thank Zdenek V
BELFAST
“Good Choices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Six of us went on a Saturday night. Just as well we had reserved a table beforehand as the restaurant appeared full at 8.00pm. Unfortunately because it was full staff seemed unable to cope. We were seated by a member of staff and then asked by another to move to a different table.

Took a very long time to get a drink and far too long to order food. The menu has a good choice -Indian food as well as Nepalese. The food is good but let down by very slow service.

3 Thank KLJBelfast
Belfast
“Fabulous..........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

This restaurant was recommended to me by a client and so we popped along to try it last Tuesday evening. I have nothing but praise for it - the food was delicious (we shared both the Himalyan lamb and chicken). The sauce was gorgeous with a subtle heat and the pilau rice and peshwari nan bread were perfect.

Fantastic to find a restaurant of this quality which also does take out!

7 Thank KizzieBelfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“My new favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I'm not easily impressed by a restaurant. I've enough time in them, both as a customer and as staff, to know when I'm on to something good. I quickly realised that with Kathmandu Kitchen I was on to something VERY good.

The first hint of quality came with the starter of vegetable momo dumplings, which were stuffed with enough fresh ginger to make my taste buds zing. The pastry was steamed to perfection and the flavours were perfectly balanced without being overwhelming.

The main courses were just as impressive; I can't remember what my partner ordered but there was an empty plate at the end of it all. I had a bamboo and black-eyed bean curry (can't remember the Nepalese name) which was just fantastic. The chefs clearly know how to work with strong, fresh spices and herbs to create a great dish.

The waiting staff were friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the food. The bill was very reasonably priced for the quality of the food; I can think of plenty of restaurants in Belfast that charge much more for poorer quality food and service.

I had been itching to try this place since it opened a couple of months ago. I will definitely be back in a hurry. Kathmandu Kitchen deserves to be one of the busiest restaurants in the city.

7 Thank picnic390