“Great guy with great knowledge and great value for money!”

Belfastology Walking Tours
Ranked #15 of 114 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Let me take you on a wee dander (as we say around here) Through the city I grew up in, and as we go on a voyage of discovery, let me paint a picture off its past, present and future. Noted for it's marvelous architecture, renowned for it's ship building, and praised for it's attempts to bring peace to it's people. MYSTERY ECO TOURS Take one of my Eco tours. Including A Great Railway Journey of the World. Stopping off half way for a hike along the coast. Before jumping back on the Train for some of the best views by rail you'll ever have, into Derry ~ Londonderry, or Legenderry as it is now known to many. Or catch a local bus with me to a small village in an Area of Outstanding Beauty, with great views of the Mournes.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Marti was brilliant. He was very laid back and generous with his time. He was very knowledgable and open to answering all questions. The tour took us exactly to where we had requested - the political areas of Belfast. Being on a walking tour allowed us to get a real feel of the tension and area and having someone as casual as Marti made it fabulous. He will tailor a tour to whatever interests you. it doesnt seem that making money is his priority, he just appears to genuinely enjoy taking people around. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Krystle26
There are newer reviews for Belfastology Walking Tours

Reviewed 2 May 2013

Even though it was raining, it was great to hear the history of the city. It's still very political, with an undercurrent of tension. But, it was interesting and our tour guide was very knowledgable.

1  Thank Linny1049
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Marti is a really enthusiastic guide - took us all over Belfast - ended up with us pretty done in and getting a taxi back to the hotel to rest - he was very generous with his time - listened to what we wanted to see (there was just my friend and me) and took us to see the places. My only comment would be that you need to charge more, Marti!!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Marti is a definite Character and gives his tour an interesting, unique and entertaining feel. An alternative way to see Belfast that will not only keep you entertained and fascinated but engaged in the true history of Northern Ireland.

This was a special tour for us as it was the first time we had all the family together: My Grandmother, Mother, 2 Aunties and 2 cousins all of which had flown from Australia to visit our ancestors homeland of Northern Ireland. Because we had my Grandmother with us Marti decided after touring some of the central parts which included an indepth tour of the City Hall; we would pile into our van and visit the Peace Wall, the Docs and a number of other unique sites.

Thankyou Marti this was such a memorable experience for all of us :)

Reviewed 21 April 2012

I strongly recommend to go on a tour with Marti. He kept us moving along from one place to another so that we could see a lot of different sites in Belfast. We found out many things about the city, the culture and the locals that I wouldn't have otherwise. It was a relly good tour and we couldn't have asked for a better guide. We are looking forward to repeating the enriching experience!!!

Marti M, Owner at Belfastology Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thankyou Lidia
I'm glade you enjoyed my tour. And look forward to catching up with you again, next time your over.