Open today: 00:00 - 23:59

Ways to Experience Belfastology Walking Tours
More Info
All reviews eclectic tour city centre marty marti tailor history architecture perspective ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2019

We ended up spending nearly four hours wandering the streets of Belfast as we explored together discussing history through time, inside some buildings, through the Entries. Marty seems to know everyone and along the way all the best angles to take photographs, some very clever. Along the way with Marty we fell in love with Belfast. You should try to take this tour on your first day in Belfast not your last as we did.

Date of experience: September 2019
theMartiWay, Owner at Belfastology Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2019

Cheers Snodge, Always good to know you enjoyed the Belfast I had to show you. And am glade to hear you enjoyed my conversational style as we discussed the past, present and future of this wee corner of the world. In my eclectic way of course. That you enjoyed my creative photographic views of the space we explored together. Many of my guests write in their reviews that they fall in Love with Belfast after being on #theMartiWay and like to take one of my experiences early in their visit. As you say you took it late on, But hopefully you'll return in the near future, to explore some of the other places I shared with you. Thank you for taking the time to review my walking tour.

Reviewed 17 October 2019

This is the 2nd time we have visited Belfast so wanted to use it as an opportunity to gain further insight into this city beyond the usual tourist tours. Marty accompanied and guided just my wife and I on what turned out to be a fascinating and informative experience. We thoroughly enjoyed his knowledge and insight in what turned out to be over three hours as the three of us strolled around the streets and viewed the sights on route engaging in meaningful conversation and reflection. Great value for money given this personal experience and interaction with Marty. Recommended without reservation!

Date of experience: October 2019

Thank You rickward20 and am pleased to hear I shared things with you that you'd not heard before on this your second visit, I do my best to bespoke my experiences to the group of people I have with me, and share information they want to hear, using the description of the tour they'd signed up for. As sometimes its a group of four friends with different curiosities. And yeah time fly's along #theMartiWay scheduled for two hours, ( I always check and if I have no others waiting on me after I like to continue) Thank you for this five star review and recommendation. And hope you'll return one day to take another walking tour or Eco experience with me.

Reviewed 14 October 2019

Just 2 of us on the walking tour with Marty . We packed loads in and visited places we had been before & new locations . Marty was very knowledgable & everyone seems to knows him . We revisited places during our short break that we had seen briefly & had lunch in a pub he had introduced us to .

Date of experience: September 2019

Cheers Gunners64, I always try introducing my guests to places they'd not been before, and of course I get a flavour of things you like. And always try introduce you to place you'll enjoy food and drink or even music in. Thanks for your review and happy to hear you enjoyed Belfast #theMartiWay

Reviewed 10 October 2019

Marty Molloy gave us our money's worth and more: a brisk walk through Protestant and Catholic neighbourhoods, with a factual, balanced account of the conflict in the final third of the 20th century and the ongoing work of peacemaking since the Good Friday Agreement of 1998, all this in the larger context of Irish history. This tour is not for fun or entertainment, but for learning about painful historical realities, the trauma of civil strife, and the hope to be found in grass-roots community efforts at reconciliation and forward thinking. We enjoyed meeting this shy, serious, knowledgeable guide whose own biography is intricately entangled with Belfast history. For this reason, he communicates not only information but a personal feel for the human journey in this corner of the world. Wear your walking shoes!

2  Thank smallisbeautiful
Reviewed 8 October 2019

I joined Marti at the weekend for what he called an eclectic walking tour of Belfast which is in fact my home city.I brought my cousin who was visiting from England. I thought I wouldn’t really enjoy it and would be just tagging along with my cousin but you know what I was brought to places I didn’t know existed and was told about amazing things I had never heard about before it was just fantastic and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Marti’s tour to anyone especially locals. He has a very interesting approach to tour guiding and is incredible knowledgeable and entertaining. thank you Marti for an incrediblly enjoyable and memorable couple of hours.