“Excellent Food, Drinks and Service”
Review of Lily's Pub & Eatery - CLOSED

Lily's Pub & Eatery
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
BELFAST
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food, Drinks and Service”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Went for dinner and cocktails with the girls last night. Greeted by a very friendly, salt of the earth girl. Sampled a beautiful cocktail selection, half price on that evening. Had a lovely bottle of Choc Box White wine... and was treated to some really stunning food. I had pressed pork belly to start, stunning. Followed by a wonderful Duck confit.

I was advised prices have recently been adjusted and they are now under new ownership, so it looks like things have turned around at Lily's Belfast!

I will be back!

1 Thank Eve W

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best cocktails in Belfast and the foods not bad either”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I went to Lily's for lunch last week and i have to say the cocktails were absolutely outstanding, I recommend the Empire Mojito or Mandy Mayflower from the summer seasonal section the later of which is served with a camomile foam that transforms into something truly special. The staff were extremely pleasant and attentive, and i have to say that despite what Ive read here the food was delicious, I had the wings with sweet potato wedges and my wife the scampi both of which arrived promptly, were hot and well presented and tasted delicious. After our meal i spoke with one of the waitresses who said the business had recently come under new ownership so maybe this is a sign of good things to come. definitely worth another look.

“Nice bar!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

It's a really nice bar and has a nice atmosphere but the food was too pricey for what it was. The staff were attentive and it's a great place to go after shopping on the Lisburn Road (if you can afford it).

Visited March 2013
“Angry and hungry.”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Nice atmosphere, nice waiters and service in general, but food has been very disappointing.
I went with my wife and had a calamari platter to share, small size for two people, but the fry was dry and nice. We were having also starters so we didn't complain about size.
My soup was salty like the sea and we had to send it back. My wife's goat cheese starter was so small that, despite the huge plate, might have fit perfectly in a spoon.
Even if the soup wasn't counted in the bill, we paid £18,50.
At that point we had to go for pizza to calm nerves and appetite. Italian comfort food never betrays.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“A very disappointing and small meal”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Nice atmosphere, very nice waiters and service in general, but food has been disappointing indeed.
I went with my husband and had a calamari platter to share, small size for two people, anyway we were having also starters so we didn't complain.
My husband soup was terribly salty and we had to send it back. My goat cheese starter was so small that, despite the huge plate, might have fit perfectly in a spoon.
Even if the soup wasn't counted in the bill, we paid £18,50. We left and were still so hungry had to go to another restaurant.