“Very Pleased”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was one of a party of 22 who had a meal here with different wines accompanying each course. I was very pleased with all aspects of the evening which was very well organised by Austin and his team. We had four courses and although each course appeared quite small when viewed on its own the overall amount of food was good and the quality excellent.The scallops were lovely in particular and I would have them again on any future visit. I have not been to Lily's before but will certainly return. I really liked the decor but am told that a revamp is on the cards, I don't think it is necessary! The staff were very friendly and made us feel at home.
Thanks for a great night! Ps if you like cheese try the Epoisse!

1  Thank JimandColette

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have been on several occasions over the past year and had decent food but that could be not said of the experience I had on Saturday lunchtime. Reading the other comments from the other Tripadvisor page for this restaurant I have to agree the food was dreadful. I try to not write negative reviews but I felt I had to do so, so that the management change what is going on in their kitchen.
My lunch portion of goats cheese salad was extremely small, four little bouilles of goats cheese on four paperthin slices of beetroot. The salad was a sprinkling of cress (with soil attached) on top. If this was a starter before dinner I would have still complained about the size but this was billed as Lunch and cost £6. My husbands Thai Chilli Beef with asian slaw had no slaw and the beef was inedible because it was so salty. My son a huge chicken goujon aficionado refused to eat them after he said they tasted strange. The only reason I gave Lily's a poor rating and not terrible was that the bar staff were lovely despite the horrid food.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Called in for a light lunch with friends, the service was fine but I found the starter of goats cheese and beetroot salad to be disappointing my friends had the squid served on overused chopping boards (ready for the bin) , chips were just ok but covered in rosemary and sea salt .what has happened lillys, very disappointed :(

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Decided to treat my partner last night so we headed to Lilys after hearing great reports about it. I can say we were pleasantly surprised. Greeted by very pleasant staff who showed us to a table. The food was "out of this world" and it had a very relaxing atmosphere, so we stayed there for the rest of night.
Brilliant place to go and definitely being recommended by myself!

1  Thank shmit23
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Visited Lily's last week during the good weather! couldn't help but sit outside in the gorgeous sunshine! Greeted by a polite young fella who sat us down and grabbed us menus, we ordered a couple of cocktails, I had the Zombie, and my partner had the Pina Colada (AMAZING DRINKS) as well as that the waiter brought out a jug of water for our table (nice touch in the hot weather)

We ordered food, I had the tomato soup to start and the burger as my main, my partner had the squid to start and the fish and chips as her main. The food was absolutely incredible.

Loved everything about Lily's! Polite staff, sharp service, great food, INCREDIBLE cocktails, lovely decor. Shall be recommending Lily's to all my friends and colleagues all across Belfast and beyond!

Special thanks to Chris our waiter and the young bartender with the glasses for a great time!

SEE YOU SOON LILY'S!!