“Paddy & both Michaels-barmen of the year!”
Review of Lily's Pub & Eatery - CLOSED

Lily's Pub & Eatery
Cuisines: British, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Paddy & both Michaels-barmen of the year!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Was in on the 11th July and had (prob too many!) cocktails. Staff were extremely polite and obliging, playing songs I requested and even making a cocktail I asked about that wasn't on the menu. Didn't have any food so can't comment on that but top notch service in the bar. Two Michaels and a Paddy were on that night, very friendly and efficient! Whatever they're getting paid, it's not enough:-)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Whiskey_cocktails

“enjoyed every minute!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I went with my partner on a Sunday night for dinner and because I am a fussy eater I always expect to be let down. I was not and I enjoyed every minute. Food was beautiful, staff were really friendly and the toliets were spotless! veggie option was a bit lacking for me but apart from that I was impressed.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank michellecoll
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Grub”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I booked a table a few weeks ago for my anniversary, the staff were pleasant over the phone. Greeted to a table in the restaurant, offered wines and the specials of the day. I was very impressed. We had a romantic evening and we were both very pleased with the service.

I will be back in the future with my friends to book another table. Very enjoyable night.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank andrew M
Hillsborough, Northern Ireland
“Very Pleased”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I was one of a party of 22 who had a meal here with different wines accompanying each course. I was very pleased with all aspects of the evening which was very well organised by Austin and his team. We had four courses and although each course appeared quite small when viewed on its own the overall amount of food was good and the quality excellent.The scallops were lovely in particular and I would have them again on any future visit. I have not been to Lily's before but will certainly return. I really liked the decor but am told that a revamp is on the cards, I don't think it is necessary! The staff were very friendly and made us feel at home.
Thanks for a great night! Ps if you like cheese try the Epoisse!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank JimandColette
“What has happened?”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have been on several occasions over the past year and had decent food but that could be not said of the experience I had on Saturday lunchtime. Reading the other comments from the other Tripadvisor page for this restaurant I have to agree the food was dreadful. I try to not write negative reviews but I felt I had to do so, so that the management change what is going on in their kitchen.
My lunch portion of goats cheese salad was extremely small, four little bouilles of goats cheese on four paperthin slices of beetroot. The salad was a sprinkling of cress (with soil attached) on top. If this was a starter before dinner I would have still complained about the size but this was billed as Lunch and cost £6. My husbands Thai Chilli Beef with asian slaw had no slaw and the beef was inedible because it was so salty. My son a huge chicken goujon aficionado refused to eat them after he said they tasted strange. The only reason I gave Lily's a poor rating and not terrible was that the bar staff were lovely despite the horrid food.

• Visited June 2013