Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
lyndsey w

Genuinely lovely staff beautiful hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 31 Dec 2023
Amazing stay felt genuinely friendly and the staff are amazing. The room was gorgeous and when they say 100% dog friendly they really are. We were able to enjoy live music a few drinks gorgeous room and great coffee. Thankyou for a lovely easy and relaxed stay well definitely be back soon
Date of stay: December 2023
Room Tip: Get the tea room access for a nice treat if you love a good cuppa
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Michelle Thomas, Owner at Room2 Belfast Hometel, responded to this review
Responded 18 Jan 2024
Hi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your score and great comments.
I am so pleased you had a great stay, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

£211
    £212
    £230
1.0 miles from Room2 Belfast Hometel
View more hotels in Belfast
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 December 2023 via mobile

Fantastic experience. The hotel
Is lovely and the rooms are great.
I stay in hotels all the time and honestly can’t praise the staff enough. They were wanting to make our experience special.
The bar is superb and the
Music spot on especially before Xmas

Trip type: Travelled with family
Michelle Thomas, Owner at Room2 Belfast Hometel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2024

Hi Will,

Thank you so much for your great feedback and score.
I am so pleased you had a great stay and enjoyed all we have to offer and especially the team.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 December 2023

Really loved this new hotel in Belfast! The location is supremely convenient, and it's amazing value for money: comparable to or even less expensive than a faceless budget chain. I work as a marketing consultant for a lot of luxury hotels, and in most respects, the experience here is comparable to some of the best boutiques I've stayed in.

The best bits:
Staff - super friendly and warm, knowledgeable and helpful.

Decor - the place is gorgeous, but what I love most is how the fanciful interior design is grounded in reality. The use of small local designers and makers is incredible: I want half this stuff in my own home. As an aside, the hotel smells amazing. I'd be fairly sensitive to scent and often have reactions to chemical fragrances, but the gentle citrusy/herbal scent throughout the room and halls was refreshing and atmospheric.

Sustainability - I really appreciate how thorough and thoughtful the sustainable initiatives are throughout the hotel, particularly the zero waste bin in the room.

2pm checkout - I had to leave earlier but this is the dream.

I stayed in a "sleepwell" room with no windows and I didn't miss them, it was very cosy and amazingly spacious. I would happily have spent much longer there. I thought it was great to be able to cast from my phone to the TV and have my own Netflix, YouTube etc. Additionally, the bed was very comfortable. A firmer mattress than I'd usually like, but that's personal preference, and the pillows and linens were great. The shower was super, spacious with good water pressure.

The common spaces downstairs are lovely and comfortable, with lots of great spots for remote work (I didn't check to see how many power sockets were available, but I did find one without any trouble.) The coffee and croissants were delicious. In the evening, there was a great buzz around the cocktail bar, a very social gathering of both guests and locals.

And pet-friendly is a brilliant brilliant bonus. Made me want to go home and get my dog so he could enjoy it too!

Room for improvement:

Soundproofing - conversation and noise from the hall was surprisingly audible, although fellow guests were respectful and it wasn't a big problem. Nothing a pair of earplugs wouldn't fix. Then, in the morning, I could hear what sounded like someone assembling flat pack furniture behind the headboard of my bed. It wasn't atrociously early (just before 9am) but given it's a hotel and many guests may be on holiday/anticipating a lie-in, perhaps hammering activities could wait until the afternoon.

There was also an odd slight flickering from a ceiling panel all night, on inspection it was full of wires etc so I imagine an indicator light of some kind, but might be worth investigating.

It was only in the morning that I realised I could have gotten milk from downstairs to make myself a coffee without getting dressed or leaving the room - a way better option than those nasty plastic long life milks, but this would have been a nice note at check in. Similarly, refillable glass water bottles in the mini fridge would have been very appreciated, I felt a bit bad bringing plastic water bottles from the corner shop into this eco-oasis.

As a small note, I imagine that there are eco (and economic) reasons for not supplying robes, but this is something I'd be very glad to see as a small add-on upsell when booking. Robes are big and awkward to pack, so you won't bring one in a carry-on, but they are really great to have on holiday.

The hotel has only been open a few months, so I am sure any tiny tweaks required will be resolved over time. Overall, I'm super impressed, and will seek out Room2 any time I'm in a city where one is available. It is perfectly pitched for young professional and holiday travellers in their 30s and 40s who want to stay somewhere with a personality and an "experience" but who don't necessarily have the disposable income for top-end luxury and/or want less fuss and more independence than a 5 star. I hope more Hometels open up around Ireland soon.

I've already rebooked for another stay next year!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Amanda,

Wow. Thank you for leaving such a detailed review, we really appreciate the feedback.
I am really pleased that overall we met all of your needs and the areas of improvement you have mention will definitely be looked into.

I would love to meet you in person, so please feel free to say hi on your next visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2023

We had the most horrendous experience when it came to check out with discussing charges. We had an issue with our meal and where told that the meal would be complimentary due to this. The attitude that the check out staff had was horrible and constantly told us that this was not the case and we just can't get a meal for free. She was very dismissive and very rude and due to this we will not be returning. Our room also got a so called 'upgrade' which looked worse than our original room booked. Stay away is my opinion.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michelle Thomas, Owner at Room2 Belfast Hometel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2024

Hi Richard,
I am so shocked by this review, that I double check that this has been posted on the right hotel.
This really doesn't sound like us as we do not have a full service restaurant and currently only off quick bites to eat.
Please feel free to call us and ask for me.

Regard

Reviewed 18 December 2023 via mobile

I definitely would stay here again! Staff were so friendly, room was clean, bed was comfy and location excellent. Couldn't fault it! We found a car park nearby for £6.95 for over night stay which was ideal. My dog loved her stay too, she got treats and head rubs!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much!
We are really pleased you and your doggy had a great stay!

Reviewed 18 December 2023

Perfect from start to finish. The staff were all so friendly and helpful.
Our room was amazing, very clean and had everything we needed.
I would highly recommend Room2 Belfast and I will definitely be returning soon.

Date of stay: December 2023
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your score and feedback.
We hope to see you again soon!