“Really really bad”

Add it.
Mex Burrito Bar
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Description: New Mexican Burrito bar with outlets on Upper Lisburn Rd and Royal Avenue
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Ordered the nachos, and all that turned up was nachos with chicken and a little sprinkle of tomatoes. When I FINALY got through to the restaurant, the girl on the phone was so rude, did not apologise and tried to tell me that's what I ordered! After arguing with her and telling her what was supposed to be in it, she begrudgingly said she'll send another one down. They should teach their staff some manners and also how to make nachos that they had advertised online. Will not be back!!!!!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I'm a big fan of Mexican food, I make it at home and I eat very regularly in Belfast's other (excellent) Mexican restaurants, Chalcos and Boojum, so you can imagine my delight when I fould out a new mexican burrito bar called Mex was opening just opposite my work on the Lisburn Road. That delight quickly turned to disappointment when I actually sampled Mex's food. It's as if the chefs/management of Mex went out of their way to create anti-Mexican food! I know for a fact that Boojum's chicken is spiced twice, once with a rub prior to cooking and then once when it's been griddled but as far as I could tell Mex's chicken was just boiled with no spices added whatsoever, and it sat it's container floating in it's own unappatising juice. I very nearly walked out when I saw and smelt that but I, unfortunately, perservered. Every single ingredient with the possible exception of the actually tortilla bread was in some way low quality or sub standard- The guacamole was runny, the salsa was more like medium chopped salad the rice was plain boiled rice that was stuck together. It was a horror show. I did try to eat it, I really did, but three quarters of it went in the bin and I haven't been back since.

As I said at the top of the review, Belfast has a couple of really decent Mexican restaurants, which have reviewed positively many times on Trip Advisor so there's absolutely no reason why you should give Mex your custom.

2  Thank Yermaaaaa
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I love Boojum, so was excited to give Mex Burrito Bar a go. However, unfortunately it seems they are attempting to replicate Boojum and failing as the food is pretty sloppy in comparison and when we were in the rubbish hadn't been cleared of the tables so it looked a bit dirty. The staff were nice enough, but of you like Boojum stick to it as sadly this will only disappoint!

Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here 5 times. No problems first or second, infact it was my first ever burrito and it blew me away...delish!This is where the positives end.
Third and fourth burritos not the same as previous, bland and dry.
Staff relaxed enough to finish sending a text before serving me. The girl was polite to me but using your phone whilst working while customers are in the shop is rude and unprofessional. This happened on 2 of my visits.
My last and final time was when I got 4 beef burritos take away. When I arrived home the beef was hard and impossible to eat in all 4 burritos.
Clearly in this place it is hard to get good staff that care about the product they are selling or the business they represent. Unfortunately I won't return.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just another business cashing in on Belfast's Burrito craze... the food wasn't bad, but the burrrito was poorly put together and i also got some tortilla chips that were pretty expensive and not very nice or done correctly.

The owner needs to check out their competition to see what they're doing right and get his staff trained to a reasonable degree - young female eye candy might get punters in the doors, but it won't keep them coming back if they can't build a burrito!

1  Thank deeevolution