“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loteria

Loteria
Ranked #139 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$5 - US$29
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located in the heart of Stranmillis Village, Loteria is the gateway to South American fusion food. Pull up a stool at the bar and grab one of their awesome award-winning signature Margaritas, and discover the Latino inspired menu. Start off with mix and share small plates of totopops and dips or Padron peppers to whet the appetite and feel the temperature rising before crossing over to the starters of prawns pil pil, tostadas and buffalo chicken wings that are flamin' hot and spicy. Loteria prepare their own pulled pork, pulled chicken and pulled beef which you'll find in quesadilla and tacos or feast on the pork baby back ribs, slow cooked and glazed in the house made bbq marinade served with a hot sriracha sauce.
Blackrock, Ireland
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Love this place. The food and service is first class. The decor and music is tasteful and relaxed. Very good value for money also, especially the lunch menu.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Superted_ed

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Birdcage Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The minute I arrived at the Birdcage I was greeted straight away and very quickly shown to my table, no hanging around whatsoever, which impressed me no end. Having never visited the Birdcage before the manager kindly went through the menu with me, and I don't mean briskly! He explained every aspect to the menu for me from the starters (Birdmunch) through to the main courses (Feed). I have to say this was really useful as even though this menu is simply put together, having never been here before its great to have someone take the time to go through the menu with you and the explain the concept of this unique chicken experience.

Having been given a full run down of the menu I chose my starter (Birdmunch) I went for the Cheesy Balls, a combination of both Mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses combined and deep fried for effect, very delicious! Although I wasn't able to eat all four of them I thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful!

My main course (Feed) had to be my all time favourite, Chicken Wings in a buffalo style marinade along with an accompaniment of homemade Blue Cheese sauce. Incidentally I think it's definitely worth mentioning that all of the sauces here are made in house and all of the marinades that go onto the chicken are marinaded by the chef and his team for 24 hours before being served to the customer. The chicken has been locally sourced and provided to the Birdcage by a local County Down chicken farm, none of your shipped in rubbish here! Having ordered a full dozen wings, I was unable to finish them all but couldn't leave them behind! I asked the server if I could take them home with me and they very kindly packed them all for me without any fuss at all!

Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for the staff at the Birdcage and the food there was really something very special indeed! I would go as far as to say that they leave Nando's standing by a country mile! The owner of this restaurant has a well earned pedigree when it comes to running restaurants as they have been in the hospitality trade for many years and this really does show not only through their choice in well trained staff but their obvious flare in choosing the right chef for this venue.

After my experience at the Birdcage I now know we have made the right decision in featuring the them as one of our 8 restaurants in the city of Belfast and I'm sure that once you have visited them you will totally agree with me. Their menu is clever, very reasonable in price and totally unique. having visited hundreds of restaurants researching for our range of books I think the concept here at the Birdcage is very unique and something very special for Belfast. What are you waiting for? Book your table now!

Joshua Stevenson (Travel Journalist)

• Visited July 2013
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Went here for a mates birthday, as she had booked a table for a group of us. Arrived on time and we were then told there was no table for us.

They proceeded to put us outside at a table in the freezing cold and gave us blankets. So it is absolutely baltic. We sat outside shivering for about 15 mins before we had enough and went to Yum.

Not impressed.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank superhans90
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Out with family for lunch and tried the Birdcage. Simple menu of wraps, burgers and crepes. We all went for the crepes and they didn't disappoint. There were loads of unusual drinks on offer served in large jam jars!! Querky decor with lovely atmposhere. Worth a visit.

Visited May 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Delicious Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

A great variation of chickeny tastes. There was cheesy chicken, chilli chicken, garlic chicken, soy chicken, the list goes on. The sides were also delicious! I had potato skins filled with cheese and yum. It's also a nice atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. We were sitting on the bar stools which became uncomfortable after a few hours but there are regular chairs in the place so try to get those. Also, we had many cocktails! The Daiquiri was delicious and good value for money.

• Visited April 2014