“lovely wee place”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Popped in with my Husband for a second visit.Good food,good service and lovely ambiance,will be going back soon.

There are newer reviews for L'Etoile

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Very relaxed atmosphere with friendly service. Starters of French onion soup and goats cheese salad wer fab! Mains of cod fillet and stuffed pork wer ok. Too full 4 dessert!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Dined at l'Etoile tonight for a friend's birthday and it wasn't just the restaurant that had reservations! We have had some great nights in L'Etoile in the past and also in a much missed sister restaurant called La Lune which is where the Cafe Belvedere is now on the Cregagh Road. Lately (within the past 5 years) it seems as though the establishment has given up worrying about health, safety and hygiene. I found fragments of glass tonight in my otherwise very enjoyable starter. No one enjoyed their meal after that although the staff were most apologetic. Shouldn't happen. We then discovered that some friends were rather sick the last time they ate steak at l'Etoile. When you consider the number of great value restaurants in Belfast, even BYO places, that offer delicious food and great atmosphere without the worry of personal injury, I cannot understand why l'Etoile remains so popular!

3  Thank Caromac77
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Very quirky layout , looks a little rough around the edges , but adds to a rustic French vibe!.Food was great , perfect for an intimate dinner party.

1  Thank carrie1209
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This was my second time at L'Etoile and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The service was excellent, in particular the waitress from Germany, and we had a great time. The BYO policy is ideal. This is the perfect small neighborhood restaurant which delivers simple and consistent food.
I was happy with my meal, maybe they could change some dishes every now and then according seasonal ingredients. We had the special Valentine dessert, not exceptional and a little 'old-fashioned', 80s style: choux pastry in swan shape filled with chocolate mousse...
I will definitively come back, but if they put a little bit of more effort on the decor, (not change it, I liked the shabby style, just a bit of renovation, more French vintage objects) it could attract more people.