“Meal after a show”

Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Red Panda at Odyssey Pavillion welcomes all visitors to the Odyssey Complex. Whether you are coming to see the Belfast Giants, Cheryl Cole or Disney On Ice you'll always receive the finest Chinese cuisine in our elegant surroundings. We cater for large and small groups. We have also introduced our new Kids Meal Box for the youngsters. The Red Panda specializes in preparing the freshest, authentic Cantonese, Fujian, Hong Kong and other regional cuisines from all over China.
Reviewed 8 February 2018

Food was average, only set menu's when shows on in the SSE Arena, it felt very rushed, Soap in the bathroom seemed to be watered down, also the hygiene standards in the toilets was not good.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Absolutely dreadful..organised chaos. Waited at the door for a table, with no communication from staff as to what was happening..eventually got seated..no one came to take an order, either drinks, or food for 35 minutes...food came and it was lukewarm...felt sorry for the young guy bolting about on his own trying to hold it altogether! Safety hazzard though with all that running around with plated up food etc,Very very poor,start to finish. We would have left if there had been anywhere else nearby to have gone to, but everywhere was packed because of Strictly Come dancing.
I told the guy I was paying how awful it was, he was not unpleasant to be fair, but just said only three small parties of people had booked and the place was full to capacity! What does that matter? Get the staff I say......AVOID THIS PLACE....Carol Boyd

Reviewed 14 January 2018

How disappointing. This large restaurant gives the impression of being stylish and rather smart; though despite its oriental decor, Chinese lions and other features, the cuisine doesn't live up to those standards, I'm afraid.

They were busy, though the Odyssey Pavilion only seem to have about two restaurants now, and the Pizza Hut had a queue (which I was reluctant to join).

I was shown to a sort of overflow table at the back, with a table and chairs that differed from the main eating area.

This was all right, so I ordered the spring rolls and Peking Chicken with egg fried rice.

The spring rolls arrived after about ten minutes, I suppose.

They were perfectly acceptable,

The Peking Chicken came to me perhaps fifteen or twenty minutes later.

I didn't discern any egg at all in the rice; and finely sliced spring onion would have enhanced the rice, too.

It was simply fried rice, I think.

The Peking sauce was quite salty, even smoky in taste.

It contained sliced carrots and pineapple chunks, all very cheap additives.

I couldn't find any onion at all. No red pepper, garlic or any other vegetables at all, alas.

The chicken, which was lightly battered, was tough; or most of it was.

I had to cut it with a knife. Very meagre bits of chicken, obviously. No succulent, generous breast pieces.

I have to conclude that this is not a place I'd rush back to.

Next time I shall go to Pizza Hut or dine at home.

1  Thank Tim B
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

£40 for two people for starter and mains seemed a huge rip off.

This is a miserable throwback to the way Chinese food was in Ireland 30 years ago.

I doubt the staff would eat this stuff. I’d like to ask them but I’d never ever go back.

Overcooked flavourless cashew chicken. I’ve never salted Chinese food before this. Tasteless watery gravy.

Gluey batter on monkfish slathered in sticky red candy sauce. Which, despite its colour seemed to also taste watery.

Dry rice. Fried rice??

Took ages to get served. People sat in tables around us after we’d ordered our starters. They were up and gone before we got our mains.

They have you over a barrel with few dinner options around Odyssey Cinema.

Wish they would show off Chinese cuisine better. Even the diciest noodle joint or street food vendor would have better food than this depressing fare.

One star for friendly staff.

Red Panda used to be a good brand name. This is horrible.

1  Thank nearly
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Great food. Friendly service. Best to book at the weekend as you'll have to wait for a table to become available. Reasonably priced would definately go back.

Date of visit: December 2017