“Superb Service”
Review of Ten Square

Ten Square
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Luxurious rooms, excellent food, convenient location, but what really made the hotel stand out was the staff. Nothing was too much trouble, and they really care about their guests.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2011

My wife and I stayed last night for our 15th wedding anniversary and as the suite wasn't booked we were upgraded free of charge!

The reception staff (Emma, Danielle, Laura, Janis etc), Concierge (Michael) and restaurant/bar staff (especially Catherine) were amazing and made our stay so special!!!

They even left a card in our room for us! Lovely thought.

This was our first stay but we will definitely be back. We would recommend this place to anyone looking a little bit of luxury in their break!!!!

Can't wait to return. Keep upthe good work.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 9 March 2011

We stayed for a wedding last weekend for 2 nights. On arrival there was some confusion how I booked the room as an upgrade had been added. It was realised that unbeknown to me I had booked a deluxe room. This was because the superior room had run out online and the price was very high for the next rate so I called. Staff were consistently friendly throughout our stay- from reception to breakfast restaurant staff, all attentive. We didn't use housekeeping as we were getting ready on the morning they knocked so unsure of them but seemed pleasant. Food wise, breakfast was delicious, lots of choice and didn't mind lack of skimmed milk as was feeling quite indulgent anyway! Food at the wedding was also to a high standard although wish I had pre selected chicken for main as too much beef and very slightly dry. Very organised in terms of negotiating a large wedding party and extra guests in the evening, room was full I believe about 150 came but still room to sit and space to get around easily. Bedroom was very large, huge bed-which annoyingly squeaked every time we turned over, glamourous bathroom with free standing bath, his and hers sinks etc which was very clean. Well worth the extra as saw my in laws room and although perfectly formed was not as much fun as ours. Would love to stay again but have so many invitations from family to stay that doubt we will (could always arrive a day early without telling them!!!). however would recommend to business and leisure travellers in future

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I took advantage of a good deal at the hotel and loved the experience. I usually stay at the Europa, but I enjoyed the atmoshphere of this smaller hotel. The room was excellent - a lovely boutique style - and the free movies were a bonus.
We had some problems when we arrived with a light bulb out, but this was sorted immediately by a very pleasant young receptionist.
I had dinner in the hotel and this was excellent, as was the breakfast.
I read the bad review re the staff from a few weeks ago, but I never experienced anything other than good personal service. I guess everyone can have a bad experience, but I didnt.
The one point I would make for the management to attend to was that the bell didnt work to alert the concierge in late evening. I returned after a good night in Fibber McGees and if I hadnt managed to attract his attention, would have been confined to a bed in the street. However, these things happen. Otherwise, I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2011

My boyfriend took me here the sunday before valentines. On arrival the reception had a lovely atmosphere and the receptionist was really friendly. Unknown to me my boyfriend had organised a surprise so that when we got to our room there were rose petals arranged as a heart on the bed, rose petals around the bath with a big bottle of bubble bath, and chilled wine with gorgeous choccies. The room was huge and clean, with a small little window and no view, but what else do u expect for a city centre hotel.
We decided not to venture too far from the hotel and had dinner in the restaurant. Again the service was excellent, waiters were very friendly but not too in your face. Food was delicious.
By the time we had finished our meal there was a two piece band setting up in the adjoining bar so we moved into there for a for drinks. The bar is not a typical hotel bar which is for residents only so ther was a good atmosphere..and lovely cocktails!
All in all, it was a lovely experience and I would definately stay again the next time I am in belfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2011

We stayed as part of a larger party for 2 nights.
The bedding is really odd, everytime either of us moved in bed in the night, we woke the other one up because the bedding was so noisy - I kid you not! (other reveiws mention it too) We mentioned it the following morning to other people staying and they had wondered if the bedding was the disposable stuff. Staff said that it was because it was startched - I'm not convinced, but it was really odd and I'm not usually very fussy.

First night we had diner in the restaurant: my husband has an intolerance to gluten, which he discussed with staff. They advised him what he could eat and they got it totally wrong. When the food arrived it clearly had wheat content and had to be sent back. Staff weren't generally concerned about the possible problem that this could have caused. Coeliacs - BEWARE
On our final morning, we were leaving before breakfast would be served. Reception staff asked us the night before to arrange what time to get breakfast delivered to our room, but our taxi had arrived and I said that we'd need to do it when we returned later at which point the receptionist threw our room key down and huffed! Really, really rude. We did arrange breakfast, but it arrived too late to be eaten and the cost has never been returned and this affected 3 rooms. We dealt with the manager on our return that evening to discuss breakfast and he's the rudest man I've dealt with in a long time (Others in reviews have mentioned him), he suggested at one point that we leave (considering it was at 11.30 at night, it wasn't helpful for him to suggest that we left with no where else to go and 2 elderley relatives).
I could go on and on, but you get the gist? The hotel looks great, but as soon as you scratch below the surface, it's poor and there isn't a culture of customer service that I could notice.
On return home, I called the hotel to ask who I could complain to and was told that there was no one higher than the rude manager we'd already dealt with as it was privately owned.
Stay away - there's much better!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank teriEngland
TenSquareManager, Manager at Ten Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2011

Thank you for your post.
Whilst we acknowledge our food service shortcomings on that particular evening and rectified the issue immediately with our sincere apologies, we must state that the subsequent tirade of verbal abuse levied at my staff would simply not be tolerated in a modern society. We will not tolerate verbal, intimidating or threatening abuse of our staff under any circumstances, abuse which left a professional receptionist in tears. We are thankful that the lead party in your group sent us a thank you card full of praise for our staff and the hotel facilities which was most welcome and more reflective of our guests experience.

Reviewed 21 February 2011

Initially when we arrived i thought it looked really impressive. we were shown to our room by a member of staff who was really pleasant. the room seemed really nice too.. but the heating wasnt working and as we were staying during the one of the coldest spells -10 and colder at times out side it was really cold!! the bed sheets were also so course they brought me out in a rash/burn like marks. The restaurant staff were pleasant but i had to send my food back as it was cold (This is something i never do). then when we left we unfortunatly forgot a watch which was never found even though we were able to tell them exactly where it was and they had told us there was no one else booked into that room until after christmas, therefore would like to know what the staff did with the watch? i also followed this up by emailing the hotel via their website to see if it turned up later and i still have not recieved a reply with any kind of explanation or information. at breakfast the next morning they staff were very didinterested and appeared to be hungover or simply lazy and rude. the breakfast wasn't very pleasant either.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple