“Friendlist staff you'll ever meet”
Review of Ten Square

Ten Square
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We had a lovely stay in ten square. Staff so friendly and helpful, makes you feel instantly at home. Little disappointed by dinner but breakfast was gorgeous. The only tine we've had that choice and menu from room service was at a suite in the 5* Culloden. Was only a poor luke warm shower that kept it from being a perfect stay. Excellent location.Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed 8 May 2011

Half way through a whirlwind trip through Ireland and Northern Ireland I stayed at Ten Square....what a fantastic place. The room was great with a fabulous view of the Town Hall. Staff were really good and the concierge in the evening was particularly great...I don't know his name but he was really a highlight of my whole trip....thanks for the information and tips for great pizza. My only slight gripe is...whats with the confused toiletries in the bathroom....maybe choose one brand and stick with it rather than the multiple offerings. Otherwise a great stay in a great place and staff who are fabulous.....am recommending the place to my travel agent first thing in the morning...thanks for a great stay .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I've stayed here only one night (so far) but my colleages have now stayed several times and I can understand why. The quality of this hotel is excellent and the level of service and quality of the environment far outstrip the very reasonable cost per night. The staff were some of most polite and helpful I have come accross for a long time. I would definately recomend this hotel.

Also the breakfast is really good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2011

This was an outstanding hotel. We had booked the movie marathon package, and was great value for money. The room was super and was very clean and comportable.The staff were super attentive and friendly. The bar had a good atmosphere. Would definatly stay at this hotel again and again! Not a bad word to say about ten square!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 1 May 2011

I thought about not doing a review at all rather than being crytical as my mum always told me 'if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all' BUT all's well that ends well! I stayed for two nights with a friend. We arrived VERY early but the receptionist, after giving us a lovely welcome, checked and found the room could be made available within a short amount of time. I have stayed at this hotel previously and was stunned by the decor of the room the first time so was excited to show my friend how lovely it was. The room we stayed in was next door to the room I'd previously stayed it and to all intense and purpose was the same EXCEPT all the niceties had gone. I remember the room being we stocked with curios which made it a little bit special - this room was very nice but lacked the wow factor. No problem though - it looked clean and well maintained. After the receptionist left we went into the bathroom and the door knob fell off - no probs - housekeeping sorted it out. Housekeeping should have been a bit more thorough though as when we went to have a shower we noticed that one of the bathrobes (nice touch I thought) had makeup around both sides of the collar (not a nice touch). I phoned reception who quickly had another brought up and apologised perfusely. That evening we had a light dinner in the restaurant (having already filled out tummies with the fabulous Irish Stew in The Crown) and, after oggling for sometime at the fabulous pictures in the ladies loo's, noted that there was no toilet roll in any of the cubicals. At this point, I approached reception and asked if the hotel had changed hands in the last 3 years (which it has) and I though 'not for the better'. I'm not a complainer where its not due and I certainly wouldnt be rude or moany but a clean bathrobe and toilet paper cant be much to ask for. By now I was thinking well everything else seems fine and next visit I'll maybe try a different hotel.
The staff completely changed my mind as they were very apologetic, friendly and did everything to make up what had happened.
These were errors that I am sure will not happen again. It was a long bank holiday weekend - the toilet holders look like the kind that are filled by an independent company and its quite feasable that after a busy bank holiday they've all run out. I suppose someone should have noticed but after I mentioned it there was an abundance. The bathrobe was a housekeeping error but we've all overlooked things at sometime.
I would stay at Ten Square again. Its perfectly situated for just about everything. The bus from both airports drops you right outside the doors. The hotel has an outside varandah and a busy bar/restaurant. Breakfast is taken on the first floor which is far better than last time I stayed when it was served downstairs. The breakfast is sufficient to last you all day.
We had a great few days in Belfast and the hiccoughs were just a minor issue.
Ailsa & Julie
p.s. if you want somewhere quirky and fabulous to eat (out of the hotel) - try Made in Belfast on Wellington Street. Its a 2 minute walk but I would suggest booking. The food is extremely good.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Stayed on a Sunday night on their "EatDrinkSleep" package 1 nights B&B and dinner for 2 @ £110.00. We were upgraded to a Superior Room and the staff at reception made us feel really welcome and were very informative.
Room was really nice - huge bed which was very comfortable and a really good mini bar and all the usual goodies!! We were give free movies as well which was a really nice touch.
We had lunch in the dining room - they had live Jass which was really good and the atmosphere was really relaxed - staff were efficent without being pretentious.
We had dinner that evening as part of the package which was 3 courses - good selection and the manager came over and advised that we could pick alternatives from the A La Carte if we couldnt find anything we liked - so unlike other hotels where they are so rigid with their deals. The food was excellent really enjoyable.
We really could not fault the hotel - checking out was efficent and the young lady was very pleasant - we didnt make it for breakfast we were just too full from dinner!
Well done Ten Square the accomodation is really good but its your staff that make it a 5* experience - well done!

Room Tip: Try the bar snacks they were really good value.