“excellent in every detail”
Review of Ten Square

Ten Square
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“excellent in every detail”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

ver positive experience fro the time of booking on th telephone, arrival, rooms overall customer serivce. We were upgraded without charge or prompting from us on our first stay as it was a special occassion, they kept a record of our details and when we next stayed there was a card signed from the satf wishing my husband and myself a happy anniversary. Throughout our stay the staff were extremely attentive and could not have done more.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Myself and my fiancee stayed here,
While it was a little while ago now and the stay didn't go without any hitches we loved our stay.
We arrived very early due to dropping somebody at the airport, the staff pre checked us in rooms wouldn't be ready for a few hours, took our bags and kept them for us while we went off shopping and exploring.

We strolled around the city and went had lunch and even went to the cinema.
Arrived back to the hotel asked but couldn't find the car park maybe it was the tiredness, we parked on street and everything was fine.
When we got to the room our TV kept turning off and the solution was hitting the power supply, worked everytime it was the solution shown to me by the porter who was a extremely friendly.

Had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed the meal even if it was crazy busy and noisy on a Saturday night.

The best part of our stay was the staff, they were immensely helpful from the start of our stay to the end, they remembered our names which was great.
But as we were checking out the nosy staff enquired as to where we were heading to next and phoned the hotel we were heading to next and got us an upgrade which was a great touch.

I will head back up, my fiancee has being back since for dinner and enjoyed it.

So i hope standards have not slipped.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2012

By sharing your experiences you're helping travellers make better choices and plan their dream trips. Thank you!This hotel came highly recommended to me, so I booked it over other boutique hotels. I have to say I wish I hadn’t. No chance of an early check-in, I was left waiting along with other until exactly check-in time when suddenly all the rooms were clean and ready! The toilets on the main floor have out-of-date (and out of place) images of bikini-clad girls (which are peeling off the doors). The restaurant is nothing special although the staff were lovely. Breakfast was truly disappointing as only croissants and bread are complementary, everything else comes with a charge. One the plus side my room was massive and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank NMPCC100
Granada, España
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The hotel is perfectly located, very central and quite convenient if you take the direct bus from the airport (five minutes walking from the stop). Rooms are spacious and have a very modern bathroom. Free wifi in all the hotel and a business corner are available. Staff was very helpful in every moment. The breakfast was good and the restaurant of the hotel is a good option if you do not want to walk outside. Briefly, a very plesant stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Ireland
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We were here for New Years 2011. Great bar. Good atmosphere. Bar service was a bit slow but that's to be expected with the night that was in it!
Would highly recommend this bar if you want a lively night out with good music. Bit of room for dancing too.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I have known about Ten Square for some time and decided to try it when I travelled to Belfast before Christmas. Booked one night B&B and got a fairly decent rate in an Executive Room. I love old buildings that have been converted into hotels and the location was nice and central Also I had been in the bar before which seemed nice enough. The bathrobes and slippers sounded like a nice little touch of luxury.

Well, I arrived in a pretty foul mood due to a disastrous couple of days and a rotten trip and (to my shame) was a little shorter with the Reeptionist than migt have been fair - for which I later apologised. She remained courteous and professional nonetheless. WHen I was issued my room key I encountered the first anomaly. Instead of the electronic card keys you get in most modern hotels I was issued with a physical key. Nothing wrong with that, except that the key-fob was a laminated photo of the hotel which was crinkled and creased with use. If you are going to use Keyfobs, maybe have them a bit substantial and less home-made looking? A small detail but I noticed it.

Went up to my room onthe second floor and opened the door. The room, I came to realise was 'L'-shaped so I was confronted at first with a corridor that seemed to lead to a wall. Upon turning the corner, however, the room appeared and it was pleasantly appointed and comfortable. The bed was oppulent and the general decor was warm and friendly. Wi-fi signal worked well and I was abe to get some work done online.

The bathroom opened from the bedroom through frosted glass doors and again was a varied feat. The general style was comfortable and the toiletries etc were very nice. The bath itself, however, was suprisingly shallow and certainly was not one that you could wallow in the way one might like to on visiting a four star hotel.

I went out to eat and do a little shopping and returned back later in the evening in order to work, watch TV and chill. I retired to ed (which was comfortable) only to be awoken after midnight by the fire alarm going off. I concluded it was likely a false alarm and after it was switched off I turned over to go back to sleep. Just when I was drifting off the phone rang and the night porter informed me I could go back to sleep as t had been a false alarm!!! I know he has a job to do and it wasnt his fault but it was a little bit of a farce to be woken up to be told I didn't need to wake up.

The following day I went down for breakfast. It was served in the restaurant b helpful staff and was a fairly good selection. I had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs whichwas fine. Check-out was no problem and they allowed me to leave my baggage to collect later.

All in all a rather quirky stay but clean, comfortable and pleasant enough.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank DamianHamill
Northeren Ireland
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This hotel is just perfect! We only stayed for one night but we were made feel very welcome. Our room was on the 2nd floor and it was very clean and spacious. Breakfast was lovely,it goes on untill 12midday!! Nothing negative to say about this hotel and will defo go back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple