“Fit for a Queen!”

Ten Square
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“Fit for a Queen!”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I would just like to write to you to thank you and your team for what I can call an outstanding holiday at your hotel 2-6th May 2012 (room 308). From the moment my mum and I entered the hotel we were met with kindness and professionalism, and finally got to meet Danielle. We were able to check in early as we had a very early flight a 7am, and arrived shortly after around 8.30am and were allowed to check in six hours early and have a nap and a beautifully comfy bed, before heading out for a view of the city.

The rooms are very spacious, and very well equipped and designed, and the bathroom was lovely. The bonus of a mini bar was tempting and storage space was fantastic. I personally liked the fact of the leaflets of Belfast, and the fact that a hotel room had a safe, even though I may have caused a few problems with it for been locked out several times, still Danielle refused to admit it was my fault and maybe a hotel fault, please there was no need! It was differently me…. I’m one not good with such technical devices! 

Breakfast, well what can I say…. Something that not only set you up for the morning but for the entire day! I have never seen such well-equipped buffets and never stayed in a hotel where pancakes, and muffins were on offer… and I had to indulge into. Staff on all mornings were smiling and very delightful, professional and nice and chatty… always nice to see even with the long ours we all do in this trade.

Dinner was fantastic, the bar and grill is lively and busy which is always a bonus, the cocktails delicious and the food well one word ‘WOW!’... mum is a vegetarian and the pastas on offer were something full of flavour and fulfilling which is hard to find nowadays, and the waitress, (and I wish I got her name as she deserved much credit for going out of her way!), when out of her way as my mum had a life threatening fish allergy ensured my mum was safe, and ensured with chef, and only herself served my mum with fresh cloths and clean hand and my ribs… ridiculously huge but worth every penny and struggle….

My special and well needed thanks needs to be owned to Danielle, Janis, Gary and Lucy, these four people especially Gary and Danielle made our stay and deserves every piece of credit for going out of their way and making my mum feel like a ‘Queen!’… my mum has never stayed in such luxury and as it was a special birthday I treated her to and to a Titanic Ball on the Friday, and I thank you so very much for making her feel special, I cannot thank you enough. These people are a huge credit to the hotel.

While I blabber on, ill finish now as I think you know how happy we are, and I look forward to staying only at your hotel in Belfast in the near future, I would go nowhere else!

Best Wishes and Sincere Thanks

If your looking for the perfect stay, stay at Ten Square, im sure you cannot find somewhere else better! :)

Room Tip: There is no tips, all rooms are fantastic! housekeeping gave me a sneaky preview! :) and for wedding...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Service at reception very good. We had booked a package of 3course dinner and b&b. Food was decent enough but we couldn't manage dessert and asked could we have coffee instead. We were refused saying it would affect their stock levels. I thought this was quite petty.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Gdmanutdman
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed at Ten Square for 2 nights in October on a visit to Belfast.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was amazing - huge room, huge bed, huge windows - and well appointed with fluffy towels and high quality bed linen. The hotel is in a great location, feet away from the City Hall and within easy walking distance of the shops and some great pubs and restaurants.

Only two small niggles:
- parking can be tricky: we were lucky to find a space outside; reception offered to keep our car keys and put parking on our car in the morning when the restrictions came into force which was helpful; and
- the bar downstairs was quite tacky and could be rowdy although it couldn't be heard from our room.

We'd definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
limerick
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Visited with teenagers to see the Titanic exhibition at Easter.The staff ( catherine in reception assisted by trainee Caitriona) were attentive,friendly and great ambassadors for the hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfy, lovely atmoshere in bar and restaurant. Breakfast was lovely,standard fare, but served by friendly staff who were attentive to all members of the party.
one small complaint,family room to the back of the hotel hears the noise of recycling of bottles from bar, not ideal .Staff accepted the point and I trust will rectify same. I look forward to staying again and have recommended it to friends. Good location, good price, excellent staff.

Room Tip: rooms to the side are quieter
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed for two nights and was impressed by the quality of the staff who were very helpful, considerate and attentive. The rooms were spacious, with plenty of towels, robes, slippers and great bed linen. Comfy large bed and good desk and working in space nice large room. Bottle of water a nice touch as were the free 'blockbuster' films. The room is well double glazed and was quiet even though the room faced on the main street. Only complaint was the room was very warm but when I mentioned this to the staff they offered to move me to another room and get maintainance to check the A/C in mine. Had lunch in the bar and the food was fresh well cooked and serviced in a timely fashion. Ten Square is a good choice in a good location and good value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Visited yesterday (26th April) with 2 others. We would have usually had drinks only in Ten Square, but as it was lunchtime, we decided to have a bite to eat.
After we were shown to our table of choice, order was taken by a very attentive waitress & our drinks appeared after a very short while. The atmosphere in the place was great, quite busy and a nice buzz about the bar/restaurant. We ordered off the 2 courses for 2 for £25 menu plus another main course. The portion sizes were huge, cooked to perfection, and very tasty.
After finishing our lunch, we were invited to sit by the window on the comfortable sofas by the very polite manager, which we did while enjoying a few more post-lunch drinks.
To sum up, if you fancy somewhere relaxing in Belfast City centre for a few drinks or a great reasonably priced feed (or both!), make your way to Ten Square because you won't be disappointed!

Stayed April 2012
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed for two nights in an executive room, check in very quick and friendly with a free glass of fizzy wine, room large with good sized comfy bed with huge pillows. Bathroom clean and well equiped but is showing its age in a few places.
We were on the third floor and heard no noise on either night from outside or inside.
Breakfast both morning was excellent, perhaps they could have more choice for the cold items but the hot items were all cooked fresh and all alterations to the standard fryup were actioned. Service was prompt and friendly.
The hotel has a lively bar which does get pretty noisey during the evenings, good fun but not the place for a quiet drink, reasonable prices though and they will serve you at your table.
We would have no hesitation staying here again due to its location, friendly staff and value for money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple