“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my boyfriend on Friday 17th January as a surprise for my birthday. When we walked in to the hotel we were greeted by lovely staff and a complimentary glass of champagne, which was a great start to the stay. You immediately got the homely atmosphere from the fire burning, and the lovely heat in the lobby as you entered. The hotel room was perfect! Fabulous decor, and everything was spotless! Big room and a lovely view of the city hall, and it was definitely an added extra that you could not hear the traffic from the busy road outside. The bed was extremely comfy and we even enjoyed a bottle of champagne in the room, as the bar downstairs was a bit of an older crowd but we didn't mind! Overall, we had a lovely stay in a very cosy, quiet and romantic boutique hotel! The staff were very welcoming from start to finish, and were very helpful. I hope to stay in Ten Square again, as it was always a hotel that I had wanted to stay in, and it met my expectations and much, much more!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
North Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in January. They were very accommodating, and helpful. The room was cozy, comfortable and clean. The staff at this hotel are excellent, very friendly and so nice to interact with. The breakfast was lovely, with lots of options from a full on eggs bacon sausage to fruit smoothies and fresh fruit.
A great experience. I would definitely return!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

went to this restaurant recently on a saturday evening for a meal, we hadnt booked and they were very busy but the staff- claire and Rikki went out of their way to accomodate us, the food was excellent and the service they provided was next to none, we were a very happy group of friends when we left

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Maghera
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

I booked Ten Square for a hen party. I did all the booking over the phone and the girl was very very helpful. There was ten of us in total staying overnight. Although we were late due to weather for the cocktail class Darrell the cocktail man was very understanding and was so much fun, def recommend it. We had booked a table for the meal and the waitress we had was not helpful in the slightest, the food was just ok but I got chicken which tasted funny, when I tasted my friends it was perfect so I called the waitress and told her, she did offer me another one and I said no, the rest of the evening no one mentioned it to me again, also she forgot 3 of the girls side orders so they had just meat for dinner as when she was told she had forgot to write them on the order and it would b another 10 mins or so before they would be out, def not good enough. We went onto a club but after an hour due to pushing and shoving we came back to hotel and had a brilliant night in there bar, music was good and again any time Darrell the cocktail man saw us he was over asking if all was ok and even took orders for us from our table, this is the type of staff every hotel needs as he was so helpful and no matter what we asked he helped us with. When checking out the next day, I told the receptionist that hotel was great but was very annoyed about the off chicken, I didn't want another one like I said but was annoyed that no one approached me with an apology, the deputy manager was standing and she just took details and walked away and that was the end of it. Back home still with no apology. I would say that the rooms are lovely, though one room out of our five had a loud heating fan but didn't bother us. Saw Darrell again on way home he offered us 3 chips to take home with us as we didn't get our sides , was very good of him to do this but we refused them due to not being hungry. Def recommend the cocktail classes see if you could get Darrell to do it as every hotel should have staff like him. Would def stay again the chicken didn't put me of. Would of liked an apology, 1 star lost because of food and the other for no apology!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stephanie P
brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Taxis tend to drop you outside the restaurant and bar area, so it's not immediately clear you're at a hotel, as the hotel entrance is round the corner, but this is quite a find! I booked a Wonderful Room but was upgraded top a Fabulous room, and it was indeed one of the best hotel rooms I've stayed in. Very spacious (pretty much a suite), well decorated, and all the little you touches you could ask for - mineral water, tea and coffee, iron, mini bar, robes, slippers, good quality toiletries, nice TV, air conditioning, plenty of visitor information and even some welcome hand made chocolates. A good night's sleep in a really big comfy bed (room overlooked the back of Belfast City Hall, on a main road but you would never know it, so good is the sound proofing). Breakfast was great: I settled for the cold buffet, but full Ulster breakfast was available. I was welcomed into the restaurant by name, by a wonderfully warm and friendly duty manageress Brenda.
In a great central location, this is a great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had our wedding reception inTen Square on 28th December 2013 - an amazing day, made all the more special by Lucy and Janis in the run-up and Jonny on the day itself. All the staff are so attentive and accommodating. The food was delicious and plentiful! We have received so many compliments on the food served, both the dinner menu and the canapés for the evening do. It's not your average, rather predictable wedding food, which was greatly received!

The bridal suite is huge and beautiful - not that we spent much time in it! The breakfast next morning was delicious and helped to sort out a few hungover guests!

We cannot recommend Ten Square as a wedding venue highly enough. Book it - you won't regret it!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Fihol
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

had my wedding reception here an lets just say there are not enough words to explain how fab it was from the day i booked until the day i left i was made to feel special and the ten square team as a whole were out of this world great service great rooms great food great manner with everyone but a big massive shout out to jonathan who stole the show with his incredible people skills and his incredible manner he made us feel as if we were part of his family he greeted my guests outside the city hall service room and personally made sure they all got over to the venue and got to were they needed to be he was very attentive and played the host very well and also threw in a few cheeky surprises as well over all we could not thank them enough for a job well done without them we would not have had our perfect day............claire&gary weir aug 2013

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family