“Another fab stay!”
Review of Ten Square

Ten Square
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed at Ten Square again last night (Valentines) and again it did not disappoint!

Had a fab lunch in the bar to start off our stay. The food was great and service from Mark and Laura was friendly, quick and very welcoming.

Booked in by Leanne and Janis and again they were very friendly and welcoming. The concierge (sorry never got his name) was really friendly and sat us down, after getting soaked in the rain, and brought us a glass of wine, so he could go and get our key for us. Great service!

The room was lovely, clean, big and really warm, Petals along the corridor and lift for Valentines Day was a lovely touch.

Breakfast in bed the next morning was delivered by a really friendly gentleman and a young lady. The service was fantastic and the breakfast was delicious.

Overall, I have never had any negative comments about this hotel, and the staff are a credit to the owners. They are always friendly and welcoming, despite how busy they generally are.

Keep up the great work. We'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soupy17

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for just one night on the 11th Feb while taking in a show at The Grand Opera House. The service and friendliness we received from all the staff at Ten Square was second to none , check in was seamless & efficient and our room for the night was spacious , well appointed and spotlessly clean.
We decided not to venture out for dinner as the weather was poor and instead opted to eat in the Hotel restaurant before the show. The meal was fabulous ( compliment to the chef ) and again, the service was friendly and attentive.
Breakfast the following morning was perfect , the guys in the breakfast room looked after us and the food presented was exceptional, fresh and very filling.
All in all, Ten Square was an excellent choice for our mini break in the City and a hotel which we could easily recommend to everyone.
Special thanks to Ricky on reception , Laura in the restaurant and of course Brian & Jonny in the breakfast room for making our short stay so memorable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinpoint66
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here overnight with colleagues on business in February 2014.

I know Belfast well but hadn't stayed here before. Staff were really welcoming and friendly throughout our stay without being overbearing.

The rooms were great- very clean, well maintained and thoughtfully dressed. A high quality finish that felt homely and smart. Free WiFi throughout and plenty of space to work in the room during our stay.

On arrival we were offered a free G&T which was a nice touch and exactly what was required after a long day. Breakfast was excellent and served by a friendly team.

Overall I was really pleasantly surprised to be made to feel at home during a busy work trip, and I felt all the better for it. Will most definitely return and would recommend a stay here over a chain hotel any day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my boyfriend on Friday 17th January as a surprise for my birthday. When we walked in to the hotel we were greeted by lovely staff and a complimentary glass of champagne, which was a great start to the stay. You immediately got the homely atmosphere from the fire burning, and the lovely heat in the lobby as you entered. The hotel room was perfect! Fabulous decor, and everything was spotless! Big room and a lovely view of the city hall, and it was definitely an added extra that you could not hear the traffic from the busy road outside. The bed was extremely comfy and we even enjoyed a bottle of champagne in the room, as the bar downstairs was a bit of an older crowd but we didn't mind! Overall, we had a lovely stay in a very cosy, quiet and romantic boutique hotel! The staff were very welcoming from start to finish, and were very helpful. I hope to stay in Ten Square again, as it was always a hotel that I had wanted to stay in, and it met my expectations and much, much more!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel in January. They were very accommodating, and helpful. The room was cozy, comfortable and clean. The staff at this hotel are excellent, very friendly and so nice to interact with. The breakfast was lovely, with lots of options from a full on eggs bacon sausage to fruit smoothies and fresh fruit.
A great experience. I would definitely return!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

went to this restaurant recently on a saturday evening for a meal, we hadnt booked and they were very busy but the staff- claire and Rikki went out of their way to accomodate us, the food was excellent and the service they provided was next to none, we were a very happy group of friends when we left

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I booked Ten Square for a hen party. I did all the booking over the phone and the girl was very very helpful. There was ten of us in total staying overnight. Although we were late due to weather for the cocktail class Darrell the cocktail man was very understanding and was so much fun, def recommend it. We had booked a table for the meal and the waitress we had was not helpful in the slightest, the food was just ok but I got chicken which tasted funny, when I tasted my friends it was perfect so I called the waitress and told her, she did offer me another one and I said no, the rest of the evening no one mentioned it to me again, also she forgot 3 of the girls side orders so they had just meat for dinner as when she was told she had forgot to write them on the order and it would b another 10 mins or so before they would be out, def not good enough. We went onto a club but after an hour due to pushing and shoving we came back to hotel and had a brilliant night in there bar, music was good and again any time Darrell the cocktail man saw us he was over asking if all was ok and even took orders for us from our table, this is the type of staff every hotel needs as he was so helpful and no matter what we asked he helped us with. When checking out the next day, I told the receptionist that hotel was great but was very annoyed about the off chicken, I didn't want another one like I said but was annoyed that no one approached me with an apology, the deputy manager was standing and she just took details and walked away and that was the end of it. Back home still with no apology. I would say that the rooms are lovely, though one room out of our five had a loud heating fan but didn't bother us. Saw Darrell again on way home he offered us 3 chips to take home with us as we didn't get our sides , was very good of him to do this but we refused them due to not being hungry. Def recommend the cocktail classes see if you could get Darrell to do it as every hotel should have staff like him. Would def stay again the chicken didn't put me of. Would of liked an apology, 1 star lost because of food and the other for no apology!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends