“Excellent Hotel”
Review of Ten Square

Ten Square
Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed for two nights and found this hotel excellent I arrived early and my room wasnt ready which I didnt expect it to be so I left my suitcase and phone number and the receptionist called me to let me know when it was ready but as I was out exporing the city it really didnt matter. When I returned to the hotel later that afternoon my case was in my room a nice touch.The room was amazing Kingsize bed robes slippers tea & coffee making facilites t.v. very very comfortable.My only dislike was that I would prefer a separate shower rather than over the bath. As I was out and about for both days and tired when i returned to the hotel I took advantage of room service both meals were really good and worth the £5 cover charge. I also had Breakfast on the last morning in the grill room which for £10 was excellent.The staff were friendly and helpful even directing me to Primark on my last day to buy a canvas back to get my gifts home in as the plastic carrier bag was ready to rip !! - I would like to say a big Thank You to all the staff for making my stay so pleasureable.

Room Tip: Book an Executive room they overlook City Hall and are slightly larger rooms I was in 304
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MJJ23
There are newer reviews for Ten Square

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The staff were very pleasant and very helpful. They provided tips of interesting things to do while in Belfast. The food was excellent. Our family room had a queen sized bed and a single bed for our 5 year old son. All three of us ended up in the queen size bed which was big enough for all of us.

My review would have been excellent, but unfortunately our room was near the kitchen area which meant our sleep was disrupted by staff putting bottles into recycling banks and people chatting. There was also a loud buzzing noise which sounded like a refrigeration unit.

I will stay in Ten Square again, but I will ask for a quieter room away from the kitchen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for two nights midweek at Tens Square and can honestly say we weren't disappointed in any way. From arrival the staff couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant, to the room which was comfortable, stylish and spotless with complimentary bathrobes and slippers. The bar area was lively and welcoming and the restaurant was reasonably priced with tasty food.
We paid extra for breakfast at £10pp per night which can be obtained a lot cheaper from pubs and cafés around the hotel but we preferred the restaurant. Just personal taste.
Location wise, it couldn't be better. Right behind the City hall which is slap in the centre of the city.
The staff were always polite and happy to help recommend things to do or places to go.
I would say that anyone staying here wouldn't be disappointed!!!

1  Thank jakeybake
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

14 Female family members. . Ages early 20's to late 40's. Such a large gathering. . We normally have a few hiccups. . Our waitress was Louise, who was absolutely fantastic, so fast and efficient with lots of great advice gave us 100%. The food was first class and well delivered. . Normally try different places but will book again and definitely ask for Louise. . Thank you Louise ☆☆☆☆☆

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed for one night over the valentines weekend. Good central city location in beautiful old building. Warmly greeted at reception and check in was painless. Porter had our bags whisked away to the room whilst I enjoyed a welcome glass of champagne with my girlfriend by the lobby fire. Room was big and spacious. Wonderful comfy big bed and lovely clean bathroom. Bathrobes and slippers provided. Had asked for the rose petal turn down and it was gorgeous, a nice add on. There was rose petals strewn along the corridors to the rooms, we'll it was valentines weekend but added to the romance! Didn't eat at the grill room but did enjoy a drink at the bar on our return to the hotel, atmosphere was good and had a nice nights craic. Checkout and breakfast right up to 12 which was nice. The cooked breakfast was fabulous. Had the full fry, my GF being vegetarian opted for the eggs florentine - it looked and apparently tasted fantastic, wish I had ordered it. Cannot fault this hotel, and we did discuss it over breakfast - faultless.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed at Ten Square again last night (Valentines) and again it did not disappoint!

Had a fab lunch in the bar to start off our stay. The food was great and service from Mark and Laura was friendly, quick and very welcoming.

Booked in by Leanne and Janis and again they were very friendly and welcoming. The concierge (sorry never got his name) was really friendly and sat us down, after getting soaked in the rain, and brought us a glass of wine, so he could go and get our key for us. Great service!

The room was lovely, clean, big and really warm, Petals along the corridor and lift for Valentines Day was a lovely touch.

Breakfast in bed the next morning was delivered by a really friendly gentleman and a young lady. The service was fantastic and the breakfast was delicious.

Overall, I have never had any negative comments about this hotel, and the staff are a credit to the owners. They are always friendly and welcoming, despite how busy they generally are.

Keep up the great work. We'll definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Soupy17
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for just one night on the 11th Feb while taking in a show at The Grand Opera House. The service and friendliness we received from all the staff at Ten Square was second to none , check in was seamless & efficient and our room for the night was spacious , well appointed and spotlessly clean.
We decided not to venture out for dinner as the weather was poor and instead opted to eat in the Hotel restaurant before the show. The meal was fabulous ( compliment to the chef ) and again, the service was friendly and attentive.
Breakfast the following morning was perfect , the guys in the breakfast room looked after us and the food presented was exceptional, fresh and very filling.
All in all, Ten Square was an excellent choice for our mini break in the City and a hotel which we could easily recommend to everyone.
Special thanks to Ricky on reception , Laura in the restaurant and of course Brian & Jonny in the breakfast room for making our short stay so memorable.

1  Thank pinpoint66