Ten Square
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,379 results
All reviewsrose petalsboutique hotelbelfast city hallwedding receptionnight porterhen partycentral locationfrom start to finishlovely hotelafternoon teatop classreception staffroom was spaciousnorthern irelandulster frystayed for one nightchecking out
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Booked this lovely hotel last october to take in a concert in Belfast. I had e mail a few requests, which were ignored , I phoned and asked if we could please have a quiet room, even if we had to pay extra, this was ignored , was told they would do their best to accommodate us , however n such thing. On arrival, they looked like this was the first time I had asked for a quiet room , on the top floor. No we were given possibly worst room in the hotel 203, if you like noise night noon and morning then this is the room to stay in , not sleep in (so dont be fooled). Staff said they were fully booked , as i previously said I booked this with request in october 2013 and as this was our 4th visit to hotel , one would think they would facilitate us. While the room itself was lovely and spotless clean , the service vent outside our window was shocking , the room was like a sauna all of the time. Could not leave window open with the constant racket outside, we were provided with 2 fans , suitable for a tiny area , of no use.
. I met a couple checking in day after us for 1 night and they were given a lovely cool airy room on the 2nd floor. Maybe its our accents that did not allow us to be given a choice room.
Lunch was lovely and staff very nice. overall staff were good. Dinner on the evening poor , stir fry very poor.this room 203 should really be used as a closet not a bedroom. the service area is also out the window , so bottles , barrells all been rattled around lat even and early morning . Will we be back ...................................................I really think NOT .............will try jurys or europa

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
TenSquareHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Ten Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Cathy705

Many thanks for taking time to write a review of your recent stay with us. It should be noted that we addressed your requests in person and again in response to your guest comment card and again to your email correspondence but let me take this opportunity once again address the issues you raise as some are being reported for the first time.

You did indeed book for accommodation with us via booking.com late last year, to attend the Dolly Parton concert in Belfast as did many other guests..As soon as the tickets went on sale we were completely sold out. Repeatedly throughout this year you emailed and telephoned us requesting a complimentary upgrade of your accommodation. Each time we were unable to accommodate this request as we were sold out due to the high demand by concert goers. The only room which became available due to a cancellation, was our Linenhall Suite which was available for a additional charge but you declined this offer. You again contacted us the week prior to arrival and again at checkin asking for this complimentary upgrade and once again we were unfortunately unable to accommodate your request. As we had lengthy period of direct contact with you over 6 months we feel your comments that we ignored your correspondence are simply untrue.
As a small Boutique Hotel with only 22 guestrooms, we do sell out on many occasions. We offer 5 different rooms types and they are listed via our website. Guests have the choice to book a guestroom to suit their requirements and budgets.
As a city centre hotel located in a Grade 1 listed building of 3 floors, we are at the mercy of general city and adjacent building noise. Whilst we endeavour to deliver all guest requests subject to availability, on this occasion, as explained in detail on many occasions with you, we were unable to accommodate your request.
We find your comment regarding accents distasteful.
Thank you for you kind words however regarding your lunch. Throughout your stay you were very kind with your comments about our staff and our bar & restaurant so we are now surprised that you have since changed your mind and found your meal poor. This was not relayed to us at any time.

I hope you find this and our previous correspondence is helpful.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had the pleasure of attending a wedding ceremony inBelfast City Hall on Thursday last week
followed by a Reception in TEN SQUARE. The manner in the way all of the guests wer received and catered for was out of this World.
Some of the guests were staying for 2 nights, feedback from these persons was fantastic.
Once again thanx and congratulations to all involved.
Highly reccomend the experience to all

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for an overnight on Monday. After a busy day's shopping and a lovely meal in Ten Square my daughter and I went up to our room at 1030. The thumping of loud music was unbelievable. Not being one to complain I thought it wouldnt go on like that for long. The music was still going on at 12 and I thought I'll wait till 1230 and it'll probably quieten down. At 1250 I rang reception and the gentleman on reception asked me if I hadn't been told about the music when I checked in (can't figure out how that made it any better!). The music did finish at one following which we had an hour of banging doors and people running up corridors - and then finally it went quiet!!!
I couldnt fault the staff on check in at reception or those serving meals both in the evening and at breakfast - they were very friendly, polite and welcoming.
I could however recommend a number of hotels in Belfast to stay in where you will get a night's sleep!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 213 if there is a function on
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Wonderful Fabulous Amazing what else can i say. My daughters wedding on 30th may in ten square was all of these things. the staff are pleasant and cheerful and nothing is a bother to them. Johnny the wedding co-ordinator is just what you want to make things go without a hitch. Gemma our waitress was so friendly and helpful. The bedrooms are spacious with dressing gowns and slippers which is a nice touch. Breakfast was plentiful and hot. More tea and coffee than you could wish for. All in all I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you Ten Square xoxoxoxoxo

2  Thank angiebabe22
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just attended my sisters wedding in Ten square, it was fantastic. The food was excellent, the staff were friendly and attentive, they had the room laid out immaculately. We also stayed in one of the room, comfy beds, clean linen and high pressure shower. We had a fantastic day and thank all the staff who made this day special. I would highly recommend Ten Square for functions, food and a night away :-D

2  Thank Rebecca D