“AWESOME STAFF. AWESOME TIMES. AWESOME HOSTEL. GOOD VIBES.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Global Village

Global Village
isle of wight
“AWESOME STAFF. AWESOME TIMES. AWESOME HOSTEL. GOOD VIBES.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

Well to Foxy the manager and ALL his staff, who are super friendly, so much fun, and made my stay in Ireland (for St. Patrics day!!) one that I will never forget! Amazing facilities (with 24 hour free pool, free wifi, tv/movies, and free range of the kitchen), cosy little outside area with BBQ's when the weathers nice! Oh I could go on and on, did I mention it's SPOTLESS! Everything and more you could ever want or need from a hostel, INCREDIBLE ART WORK on the walls, and great music. To sum it all up in 2 words!!??? .... "GOOD.VIBES." ;-DDDDDDD

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is my first hostel review and i've stayed in tons of hostels around the world. Reason i'm writing this one is because of how well it was run, how friendly the staff were and how clean it was. I've never walked into a hostel and felt at ease as i did at this one everyone was very chatty and saying hello and asking if you needed any help.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I've stayed in over 20 hostels around the world, and this is by far the best. Excellent, clean hostel, with fantastic staff and facilities. Would definitely book again! I stayed over a weekend and got to know everyone in the hostel effortlessly. Staff are always encouraging you to socialise with other travellers. A large kitchen and social area, were equip well and even in the cold Belfast weather, you could stay all day inside the hostel and never get bored. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Came here during February with my boyfriend. When we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Foxy who showed us the kitchen/dining area and the lounge (which was equipped with xbox=very happy boyfriend). We had a double room, it was small but the bed was AMAZINGLY COMFY! Everyone was really friendly and we went out with others staying at the hostel on our first night. We visited filthy mcnastys (ok) and then we went to an Irish pub with live music (can't remember the name but it was really good!). Breakfast was cereals and toast and you could help yourself to tea, coffee and hot chocolate throughout the day!
Great place, if we go back we will definately stay again!

• Stayed February 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

These guys are awesome, I really enjoyed my stay and they couldn't have been more accommodating including coming with us to nightspots we wanted to visit whilst remaining professional and dealing with unruly guests in an 'efficient' manner.

Room Tip: My 8 bed door had plenty of room which made for a comfortable stay
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

I was in Belfast for one night only, but thanks to guys from Global village (especially the Aussie) it was the best part of my trip to Ireland! The hostel is located in the University area, not far from the city centre. Good atmosphere, nice beds, and a very clean kitchen and bathrooms.
Thanks Brett and Foxie for the awesome night out!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

I've been travelling around Europe for a few months staying in hostels and Global Village is by far the best. Such a great atmosphere, staff are amazing and really want everyone to have a fun time. Rooms are really spacious and clean as are all the facilities. Close to the city and museums etc. Cant recommend this place highly enough, am going back to Belfast again just so I can stay at GV!

• Stayed January 2013