“Stones and Thrones”

City Tours Belfast
Ranked #54 of 120 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Belfast's Number One Tour operator serving the City of Belfast, World Famous Giants Causeway AND Game of Thrones set locations tours. Our City Tour features the birthplace of the ship Titanic, City Hall, Botanic Gardens and Belfast Castle. Included also are features from the city's past troubles such as the Falls Road, Shankill Road, Peaceline and the much visited Political Murals that adorn many of our walls. We also service the Antrim Coastline introducing our visitors to the beautiful natural resource only and hour or so away on some of Ireland's most northerly coast. Our tour operators are proficient on the best local knowledge along these routes and exemplify the friendliness that you will encounter in this wee part of the world.
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Did the "Stones and Thrones" tour last weekend, which highlighted some of the shooting locations for Game of Thrones as well as some other great locations around Northern Ireland. Overall, a fantastic experience. Tour guide was an extra on the show and was clearly very engaged, gave us a ton of great insight into the show. Very relaxed, never felt hurried, but we got to see a ton of great locations. Best tour I've ever been on, hands down.

8  Thank Jake S
Titanic_Bus_Tours, Manager at City Tours Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2015

We always try to give our guest's a great experience while on tour with us and we are delighted that you have taken the time to make a comment on this tour I will certainly pass on your comments to both our driver and guide.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"peace wall"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 7 February 2014

lovely day trip around the coast north from Belfast. Allan, our guide, was really nice and fun to be around. As far as the GoT locations, I wish he had explicitely said what the sites where in the series, as I couldn't make the link myself. Otherwise, it was really enjoyable. Our last stop was the Bushmills distillery, which helped make the ride back very peaceful, as we all fell asleep on the bus.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Kaitlyn_MacKay
Titanic_Bus_Tours, Manager at City Tours Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you very much for the review Kaitlyn.

I am glad you had a good day on tour and enjoyed our national treasure - Bushmills Whiskey!

Unfortunately the night before the guide for the tour had become ill and Alan had stepped in, as our other guide was on holiday.
We are currently training more guides, so that this incident will not happen again. It does take quite some time to train our guides, as they must be up to date with the TV show, books and other facts and information.
However what I can say is that if you wish to try the tour again, we would be more than happy to offer it at a much reduced rate.

In addition we now have over 7 sites for Game of Thrones locations on the tour as well as some mystery locations, new items and information being added, which will make for an incredible day out.

Myself & our staff are always glad to hear that you have enjoyed our tour. We are always striving to provide you with the very best experience possible.
Hopefully you will be back soon, as we have much more on offer in terms of tours, experiences & quality vehicles.
Check out our website for more information.

Phillip M. McComb
Guest & Visitor Relations Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I took this bus tour to undertake some tourism research for my dissertation! The guys selling the tickets where lovely when waiting for the coach and answered all my questions! The tour itself was great with the opportunity to see Belfast castle (which I had never seen even as a local) with lovely views! The commentater was very informative and is guaranteed to make you laugh! Would definatly recommend this tour! I am a local that has moved away a few years ago and it has restored my faith in the people of Belfast! I was overwehlemd by their friendliness!

Thank you for your lovely comments in relation to the tour and our staff, I will pass on your comments.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

This trip was a joy. Michael,our driver, was flexible and super friendly. We visited some superb locations, timings were spot on. Really impressed by what we saw of Northern Ireland - people and landscape. Thoroughly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
titanicbbustour, Owner at City Tours Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

hello
on behalf of all the staff at titanic and city tours we would like to thank you for choosing our tour.
I am happy to see that you had a wonderful time and that our driver was so helpful. our number one goal is to ensure that customer has the best of time possible and that our staff help in any way possible to obtain this please do search our Facebook page 'stones and thrones' and if you would like to post any photos of your experience. thanks again for your custom.