“Great Food, Poor Service”

RBG Bar and Grill Belfast
Ranked #222 of 1,114 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: RBG Bar & Grill - Belfast at the Park Inn by Radisson Belfast Hotel serves a superb selection of international and regional bar meals and snacks. In chic, New York inspired surroundings, the menu offers everything from chicken tikka masala to burgers to Irish stew. A beer garden, terrace, and private mezzanine are also available.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family and I went to RBG to celebrate my sister's birthday as we never been there before and we heard good reports about it. We were the only family that were there as the place was empty. The waitress who served us wasn't very pleasant. It took us 45 minutes to wait for our food. I ordered the chicken supreme with ratatouille, my mum got the same as me. My brother, dad and sister had burgers. The food was enjoyable, filling and warm. I think this place would be better if they have better service and more variety on the menu. Apart from that we had great night.

RBGManager, Manager at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Cathy O,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to review RBG Bar&Grill, Belfast.

I would like to apologise for any shortcomings in the service you received. Unfortunately, you do not mention in great detail which areas were most negative. But please do let me assure you that we aim for the highest standards of service, and I am thoroughly dissappointed that you may not have recieved this.

I am, however, delighted that you enjoyed our new food menu. The chef has worked hard to ensure the menu is inviting and filling.

With reference to the issues you had, could I please ask that you contact me on 02890677707 or stacey.mcwilliams@rezidorparkinn.com so as I may get some further details? We would obviously like to identify where the training issues are at present and I would also like to apologise to you personally?

Thank you again for taking the time to review RBG.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've been here twice in this month, the burger is nice but the steak was dry and small, a little bit slow on serving the food.
Nothing special about food, more a bar than a restaurant.
Do not misinterpret, is an easy restaurant connected to the Park Inn, good for quick dinners but not I place where I will go on purpose.

RBGManager, Manager at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear MBITA,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of RBG Bar&Grill, Belfast.

I am very dissappointed that you did not enjoy your food. It is unusual for our geusts to have complaints about our food as we pride ourselves on quality, so I am very sorry that this was your experience.

I have spoken with our chef who has also passed on his apologies. If you would like to give me any further information about your visit then please do not hesitate to contact me at stacey.mcwilliams@rezidorparkinn.com or, alternatively on 02890677707.
Thank you once again for taking the time to review your visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

After visiting this restaurant recently I have been compelled to pass on my experience. One word sums up my visit...excellent! If you are looking non pretentious food and drink then this is the place to go, simple but high quality. Was served by one of the most lovely girls you could meet, believe her name was Amy, she provided efficient service with a smile and was an integral part in creating a great evening, hope this does get back to her.

1  Thank eroticteapotdancer
RBGManager, Manager at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear eroticteapotdancer,

Thank you so much for your very positive review of RBG Bar&Grill, Belfast.
I was delighted to note that you had such a nice evening with ourselves, as are all of the team. You have hit the nail on the head with what it si we aim to do: non pretentious food and drink with a friendly team who want to take care of you and your evening.

I will ensure your positve comments are passed directly to Amy as it is always great for the team to hear of what a good job they're doing and also how much they effect a guests evening.

I do hope you can join us again soon and I'm sure Amy will be on hand to ensure your next visit is just as memorable. We look forward to seeing you then.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Have been here a few times for food and never had a bad meal.

Its a lovely decorated place with a nice menu to choose from, I would recommend the Club Sandwich a personal favourite its lovely.

Would return again and again love this place !!

RBGManager, Manager at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Nic D,

Thank you so much for your most positive review of RBG Bar&Grill, Belfast.
We are always glad to receive positive feedback but more so from a guest who has dined with us on more than one occassion. I am so glad we continue to live up to your expectation and hopefully will continue to do so.

I will ensure all comments are passed to our team members, as they always love to hear from guests.

Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I went here with my parents who are fussy.
We ordered and we were advised some of the dishes would take 20mins to cook. Which is a brilliant thing to do because at least you know a time of when your going to be out, 20 mins later we could see our food ready, however we noticed some confusion, a small tech problem with the chefs computer meant they were a dish short. We where told promptly about the mistake offered a free drink for everyone which was very good of them. 10 mins later we were served, the food was brilliant.
I mean quality, I had chicken supreme which was lovely and the rest of the group had a burger and a steak, everyone said how pleasantly pleased they were with the food.
The service didn't stop their, then the bar manager came down and apologised again and he then offered us a further 10percent of the bill. By the way we hadn't complained once so this was just good service.

Would totally recommend. Congratulations to the staff and management for turning a bad situation into a pleasant experience I will be back.

1  Thank frostie9999
RBGManager, Manager at RBG Bar and Grill Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear frostie9999,
Thank you so much for your positive review of RBG Bar&Grill, Belfast.
I am delighted to note that both yourself and your parents enjoyed your meal with us. I am so sorry you encountered the problem described but am very pleased that our team was able to deal with it efficiently and without any great disruption to your evening. I will ensure all comments are passed onto the team, who will also be delighted to hear about your experience.
I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Once again, thank you for review.
Kind regards