“Amazing Thai food !”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The exotic baby brother of some other fabulous restaurants in Belfast, Happy Angel offers deliciously good food and cosy atmosphere in a modern industrial interior!The price is more then confortable for your wallet and they have this really good promotions on food and drinks on certain days of the week! Give it a try and I can guarantee you won't regret! I personally love their green Thai curry with grilled squid! Enjoy!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

In NI we have no clue what makes up a Chinese, Thai, Asian dish.... we've been conditioned with gloopy, MSG ridden, sickly stuff that wouldn't be fed to a dog in SE Asia.

Happy Angels is none of that. It's fresh, tasty, light, and packed with lots of flavour. You're not gonna find a gravy ship within a mile of this place.... OK you will... out on the Belmont Road. But you get the point.

Unfortunately that will also mean that lots of people won't like it.... "how dare they put flavour in my food!"

The Tom Yum is incredible and just like the dish i had in Thailand. Other highlights include the pork Nam Phrik and teh pork belly dishes.

My only suggestion is - you should share! Like Asian food should be.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Went to happy angels on Saturday night

Food was delicious, thai red curry portion was huge

Cocktail specials for 3 pounds was a lovely touch and they really complemented the meal

The menu is great with several dishes I will return to try and not at all expensive

Staff were warm and friendly, a lovely way to spend a Saturday evening

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I've been to Happy Angel numerous times now, the most recent being Monday night for a work do, and I've never had a bad meal! My favourite is the pork belly stir-fry (the caramel sauce is to die for), and also love the lychee martini; it's the perfect way to finish off a tasty dinner. The menu is getting better, and a bit more varied than when they first opened, and the addition of specials and offers on cocktails just adds to the appeal - I had the duck spring rolls special on Monday and they were fabulous, with a delicious sweet and salty dipping sauce; yummy!

I only have one reason for knocking off a point; why did they start putting noodles with the stir-fry? The jasmine rice went perfectly, and soaked up the delicious sauces so well! The noodles are good, but not AS good! Maybe they could give a choice between noodles or rice...? Other than that, brilliant place, lovely food, great atmosphere; will be back!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

A friend had been gloating on for about a month about the quaintly named "Happy Angel" Happy yes, but more devlish in it's temptation, when an impromptu visit last Saturday revealed a hidden treasure.

We were in belfast and were going to try one of our regluar restaurants when we remembered about Happy Angel. It was 21:38 and they stop serving at 10 Cue panic :/ I called and asked if they could seat us in 10 minutes and the said yes! We were greeted warmly and allowed to choose our own table. the waitress is very friendly and accomoodating. The menu can be folded into an oragami angel to keep you distracted while you wait, but the food came surprisingly quickly (though probably attributed to us being the last that night). The squid is delicious, near the best i've had. I sampled the Pork Belly which was so charred, yet sweet and succulent! The Chicken Noodles. All very delicious and aside from the starter, great portion size. Would recommend the Asian slaw.

Despite being in very late we were not usherd along or asked to leave and we were there well over 45 mins. they have £3 cocktail specials also meaning our night out was not overly expensive. I will definitely be returning soon to try the steak...