“Great night out” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli
Ranked #164 of 1,040 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, British, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We at the Knife and Fork are proud to serve locally sourced produce because we are passionate about putting the best possible food under your knife and fork. We take reservations, our chefs table must be booked in advance due to demand. We have private dining facilities for parties of 15 and under. Please feel free to visit our website for further information.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I really like the Malone Lodge, it has a very welcoming and relaxed feel about it. Having a pre dinner drink in the bar was a nice way to start the night. I attended the Knife and Fork for the first time, as part of a Christmas dinner outing with my work team. I thought the food was of a high quality and the staff were polite and friendly. The service was smooth and organised, we were not left hanging between courses.

2 Thank David M
guesteur, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear David M

Many thanks for such a wonderful review, I am very pleased to hear that you and your team had such a good evening, especially as this was your first visit.

Please do come back and see us again, and spread the word.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Excellent Christmas Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My team Christmas Dinner was held at the Knife & Fork, Malone Lodge and personally it was my first visit. I had a bit of trouble finding the place, as I had never been before but once found - parking wise it was easy.

We had a few drinks at the bar before going to dinner. The whole place and restaurant itself was very clean, well presented and had a nice chilled/relaxed atmosphere to it. Staff were enthusiastic and friendly and made sure we were topped up for drinks every 15-20 minutes.

We did not have to wait long for our Starter to be served. Mine was a Goats Cheese & Fig Tartlet with a Rocket Salad. I really enjoyed the Goat's Cheese, usually you find some of them can be too salty, but this one was really mild on the palate. I would have liked a bit more salad and some Fig Chutney but other than that it was just right.

The Main course was served promptly after. I had the usual Turkey, Ham & Stuffing with all the trimmings. The meat, roast potatoes, parsnips and sprouts were cooked to perfection and still retained some of their crunch - just the way I liked them! I detest vegetables which are too soft and mushy (it turns my heart) but the vegetables served to us were just perfect! Most of my colleagues ordered the steak with peppercorn sauce and all of them were impressed with the way they were each individually asked as to what way they would like their steak (rare, medium-rare, medium or well-done). Undoubtedly, the Main was the best course of the night.

Everyone enjoyed Dessert & tea after. A few of my colleagues stressed that they would have liked a bigger portion of Sticky Toffee Pudding (they are growing men after all!). The only criticism I have was that with the Dessert dish - it was entitled Strawberry and Hazelnut Praline Pavlova but yet my colleague and I were served just Strawberry Pavlova. Being a nut fan I was really looking forward to a piece of Hazelnut Praline to compliment my Pavlova which was delicious.

Throughout the dinner the atmosphere was fantastic. My colleagues and I had a really good and relaxed night - which was what we needed as we were just coming from work and going into work the next morning. I would definitely recommend the Knife & Fork for business dinners and lunches for the service, atmosphere, value and choice. Per person our Christmas Dinner was £29 which included Starter, Main, Dessert & Tea/Coffee with a Steak being an option for a Main at NO supplement. Definitely worth business dinner or lunch! :)

3 Thank kirstyaameredith
Dear kirstyaameredith

Many, many thanks for such a great review. It sounds like the team had a great night out.

Thanks also for such great feedback on the staff, we have worked very hard to provide the service that you have praised.

My apologies for no praline on your dessert, but next time you are in I will make sure we get you some. Please do call again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Service and tastey food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had our christmas dinner here last night and the staff were very friendly the food was delicous. Always a good sign when you look around the table and its all clean plates. Highly recommended.

3 Thank Niall C
Dear Nial C

Many, many thanks for such a wonderful review. I am so glad to hear that you had such a good night at the Knife & Fork.

Tipperary
“Its a must to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I liked the surroundings the menus the food and the staff who served there.. my dislike would be I think I ate too much ha ha

Visited November 2013
3 Thank TipperaryMichael_B
guesteur, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear TipperaryMichael_B

Thanks so much for you wonderful review. I will pass this on to our staff. Do call and say hello, next time you are in Belfast.

Many thanks

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

It has a charm of a fancy restaurant, with the food of a sophisticated bistro and the service of a friendly family Kitchen.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank SATTWA1
guesteur, Manager at The Knife & Fork Grill & Deli, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear SATTWA1

Many many thanks for such a wonderful review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed you meal with us. I have passed you comments on to the team, feedback like this is wonderful to receive.

Next time you are up from Dublin do call in a see us we would love to see you.

Kind Regards