“Botanic Rest has potential”
Review of Botanic Rest

Botanic Rest
Ranked #20 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“Botanic Rest has potential”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Choosing an accommodation in an unfamiliar city is always chancy. We booked at the Botanic Rest and found the service a bit uneven. When I called to book my stay, someone who could not handle the booking answered the phone, and so my initial contact was a bit strange. After a couple of emails, I managed to secure a booking, but I had to request a confirmation and transport information and directions, which I never received.

Our stay was good after all. The newly remodeled room was clean and comfortable. The rooms could use additional seating--only place to sit was on the bed, and there was ample room for a chair or two. It was nice to have an electric kettle to make coffee and tea. The bathroom could use a place to set toiletries and some hooks for hanging clothing or towels up. Deconstruction on an adjacent building was going on during our stay, so it was a bit noisy with the window open, but it should be fine when the work is finished.

The breakfast was ample and could be chosen from a menu. And Tony was attentive and accommodating when overseeing the guests' breakfasts and other matters.

It was nice to be able to walk to the nearby botanical garden, which was lovely. There are a variety of different ethnic eateries locally. And transport is relatively close.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BotanicRest, Owner at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Hi MinstralGrenoble,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you found things mostly to your liking. Apologies that you found communications tricky pre booking. We had only opened up fully as a new business and this was during the busiest period Belfast has had all year while we were awaiting the installation of our IT system.
Some of your other points have already been acted upon which was always to be the case.
We welcome your feedback and hope you would return in the future when our full potential has been reached.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
New England
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed two nights, different room each night as the hotel was very full. Great staff, Colin really worked to get us rooms as they were fully booked for each night. Full breakfast, was great, just about anything you wanted and served with a nice smile. Free on street parking, was a big plus, the b&B is located in a college district so had a little noise, but nothing to really bother you with. Walked to get something to eat, very safe, would recommend the area if you have a family.
Will stay again upon our next to Belfast.

Room Tip: Ask for room, if available in the rear will cut down on street noise if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
BotanicRest, Owner at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hi TravelGuy,
Many thanks for your kind review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Teruel, Spain
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Hemos estado 5 noches tres amigas en una habitación triple y todo ha sido genial. La habitación y el baño recién reformado y todo super limpio. La ubicación inmejorable, a 10 minutos a pie del centro y en una zona super ambientada con un montón de pubs y restaurantes. Pero lo mejor sin duda es su staff...en especial Tony, que nos han tratado genial y ha hecho que nos sintamos como en casa.Me and two friends of mine have been to Belfast for 5 nights and we stayed in a triple room. Everything was perfect. The room and the bathroom is completely new and everything is clean. The location is great, 10 minutes from the city centre on foot and many pubs and restaurants close to it. But the best of this b&B without a doubt is the staff, specially Tony, who has made our stay so confortable, as if we were at home. Thanks Tony, We´ll never forget you. Regards to everyone in the Botanic from Spain. Mª José, Begoña and Sonia.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
BotanicRest, Manager at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hi Guys,
We hope you are all doing well and have recovered from your Belfast Trip. Tony sends his warmest regards and misses you all!!! It was a pleasure having you stay and great fun too. Hope you can come back some day and hope you look after the Tee-Shirts.
Take care for now and keep in touch!!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The staffs there are really nice and give us a lot of useful information about traveling around Belfast, and made chips for us! The room is quite clean and tidy, the price is really valuable!! I would definitely choose this one next time!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
BotanicRest, Owner at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Hi Yuqi D,
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you enjoyed the chips and made it sfae and sound to Dublin.
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Last minute hotel search returned botanic while in Belfast. Good price, good (and simple) wifi, clean, brand new furniture, nice chill out room ilumination; quiet location and close to many restaurants.

Also, very comprehensive and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi JWaally
We are really pleased you found us and enjoyed your stay both with us and in Belfast.
Hope you can return again.
Best wishes
All the Staff at BR.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The botanic rest was very warm and welcoming, staff were more than nice and did their best for me! The breakfast was lovely and plenty of it too. I only had an overnight stay due to business but would definitely keep it in mind for a family stay in future as there is plenty of room for families too.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Rachd82
BotanicRest, Owner at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Hi Rachd82,
Many thanks for your kind review. As your visit was a short one hopefully you will be able to return someday with your family and get to see Belfast. Just give us a call and we'll look after you!
The World
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at Botanic Rest during a recent visit to Belfast during the World Police & Fire Games in early August 2013. I arrived early in the morning and was offered refreshments in a large well-furnished lounge with comfortable couches and a big screen TV. I was also offered free and secure bag storage which I took advantage of and went out to see the sights. I arrived back at the B&B later that day in the afternoon and was quickly checked into a spacious and very clean well-furnished room with a double bed. I made use of the complimentary high-speed internet for a few hours then got a good night's sleep on a very comfortable bed. I awoke in the morning and ate the delicious complimentary breakfast that was served by a very friendly lady who made sure everything was to my liking. It was a great way to start a busy day of sightseeing. I was again offered free and secure bag storage for the day while I was sightseeing even though I wasn't staying the night there again. I took advantage of that again and asked the owners what was the best way to quickly see the entire city since my time in Belfast was limited. They recommended Allen’s bus tour and called a shuttle to take me to where the tour started free of charge. It was a great tour and I returned later that evening to retrieve my bags and catch the ferry to Isle of Man. I traveled around the UK for a month and half during this time and the Botanic Rest had the friendliest owners and staff by far. They really know how to take care of their customers and make them feel welcome. I would highly recommend Botanic Rest to anyone looking for a place to stay in Belfast and look forward to making another trip back there soon to stay there again myself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
BotanicRest, Owner at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Cameron!!!!!!
True to your word thank you firstly for your kind review. More importantly thank you for allowing us, albeit by chance, the opportunity to meet you and spend some time in your company. In the Brief existence of Botanic Rest you left an impression! Your name still gets mentioned daily (Today Tony was dealing with lost property and was returning a pair of sunglasses to their riteful owner... Your name got mentioned!!) and will continue to be mentioned for many years to come!
Trip Advisor do not do reviews of people... But... If they did we would be leaving one on you!!
I trust by this review that you have made it home safe & sound.
You made me two promises.... You have now kept one..... No doubt I will hear from you when you have read 'The book!' and kept the other.
Know matter what hand life deal's you just remember that you will always have 'Friend's' and a place to stay in Belast..... Even when all of Belfast including Botanic Rest is booked out with NO rooms available and you need accomadtion for a second night (I admire your honesty in saying you stayed one night at Botanic Rest!!)
Keep doing what you are doing and see the planet and it's people (or complicated bacteria lol!!!)
The universe willing we will see you at home in Vagas.
Stay in touch!!
Colin, Serg, Tony, Lou and all the team at Botanic Rest.