“Very enjoyable b&b with Hotel standard”
Review of Botanic Rest

Botanic Rest
Ranked #26 of 48 Belfast B&B and Inns
Newry, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable b&b with Hotel standard”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I had a one night stay as I was going out for a Christmas party night in Belfast. Initially I had booked a hotel near by and then when I had read the reviews for Botanic Rest I decided to give it a go. The service and friendliness of the staff was exceptional, it was so welcoming. I had a double ensuite room it was was very clean, modern and warm. It was as good as standard as many hotels I have stayed in and even better than some! The breakfast was very good with cereals and toast, fresh juice, tea, coffee on offer as well as a very good cooked selection. This was served very quickly in a pleasant dining room. There is also a spacious lounge with extra tea and coffee facilities, large TV and comfortable seating available if you were staying longer. Botanic Rest is situated in a good area if going out for a night or shopping in Belfast. I will definitely return and recommend to others!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
BotanicRest, Manager at Botanic Rest, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Hi Annieandgirls
Thank you for trying us and I am glad we did not disappoint. Hope you enjoyed the Chistmas party and hope to see you back again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Thai first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Botanic rest bed & breakfast is located in the student area of Belfast. As such, it is close to Queen's University and you have ample opportunities to eat in the neighbourhood. Given that Belfast is a small city it is easy to go to the city centre on foot, which is about a 15 min walk. The downside of being in the student area, however, is that it can get noisy at night. Overall, I would say that bed & breakfast is located in a prime location.

The bed & breakfast itself mostly resembles a small hotel. You have a lobby, common area, breakfast area and the rooms themselves are plainly decorated. Some rooms are ensuite, while others share a toilet/bathroom. Consistency is not one of the strong suits of this bed & breakfast though. Some rooms have a water boiler, others don't. Some days your bed will be made, and some days you'll get fresh towels. The inconsistency extends to the floor which slopes up and down and to the working order of things like lights in the room/bathroom.

The breakfast is excellent, especially the hot breakfast. It is a shame though that they don't offer some simple lunch and dinner options. The staff is superb, and they often go to great lengths to help you. Furthermore, and a bit of a surprise, internet in this bed & breakfast is some of the best internet I've ever had; it is blazing fast and reception is spotless.

And so we come to the difficult question as to whether you should stay in this bed and breakfast. If you're travelling alone and you're on the budget then the answer is a resounding yes. However, when travelling as a couple or as a family the question becomes more involved. This is because the bigger rooms have prices that are very similar to hotel rooms in the neighbourhood. Often though, the rooms in a hotel will be bigger and will provide better amenities. Furthermore, for some the noise in this bed and breakfast at night may be an issue. I would definitely book this bed and breakfast again, but only when travelling solo.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hi kvaruni
Thank you for the kind review. I think you are the first person to note that we have the fastest Wifi in Belfast which is simple to use.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Booked this B&B for one nights stay in Belfast as we were goin to a concert.The staff were friendly & helpfull and showed us right up to our room which was clean, comfortable, modern & spacious. As we were rushing and in a hurry to get to the concert the owner himself gave us a lift which i thought was an excellent personal touch! Breakfast the next morning was a varied menu not just your usual option of cooked breakfast and was lovely. We were going shopping and the staff offered to keep our luggage for us so we didnt have to trail them around the shops. All in all an excellent all round service, will definatly be back and will be recomending it to all my friends & family.
Thanx Colin & the team :-)

• Stayed November 2013
Hi Guys
Thanks for the review. Was only to Glad to get you to the concert on time. I hope it was enjoyable.
Hope to see you again soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Fantastic stay, great value for money. Would deffo be returning! Extremely helpful! Location is great! Thank you very much and hopefully be returning very soon. Modern and beautiful rooms and lovely communial area. Very clean! Defiantly a recommendation

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Guys
It was a pleasure having you all. Pleased that you enjoyed. Our door is always open so do come back soon.
Thanks for the review.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I chose Botanic Rest over the other hotels because of its excellent location within the centre of Belfast.

I am a frequent hotel user and tend to stay at Holiday Inn and Travelodge hotels across UK on a weekly basis. I was very reluctant to book a B&B after a bad experience in the past with a B&B in York however i am now glad i stayed at Botanic Rest as it has restored my faith in B&Bs.

On arrival i received a warm reception by the staff at Botanic Rest who were very helpfull, easy to talk too and had vast knowledge about the city and current events that were taking place.

The room i booked was the en-suite room and to my surprise it was modern, clean and quiet, it was not the stereotypical type of b&b room that i had expected, the breakfast was great too.

Overall a great experience in Belfast with the help of the lovely staff at Botanic Rest.

Wish you the best of luck Sergio, Collin and Louise and look forward to staying at the Botanic Rest next time i am in Belfast.

Room Tip: Ensuite room is excellent
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hi Raphykins
We are glad you decided to give us a try over the Hotels and pleased we did not disappoint.
Hope to see you again when next back in Belfast.
dublin
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Botanic rest doesn't look much from the outside but the room was modern, only problem it was freezing! Had to get a second duvet off the friendly girl at reception, breakfast was very basic,wifi was excellent, it was only 48 euro for the night so it has its advantages

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brendan c
Hi Brendan c
Thanks for the review. Sorry I think we got slightly caught out with the extreme cold snapp that hit Belfast. The Heating has been cranked up to resolve.
Larne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I found botanic rest to be awful, having worked in the hospitality sector myself, I found the staff unprofessional, the floor that uneven I felt queasy when I walked across it, a dirty shower which is probably an understatement as 3 out of 6 lights didn't work.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Beth D
Hi Beth D,
Sorry but we have reason to believe that this review was left purely in an attempt to be damaging. Please feel free to contact us to discuss. As you say you work in the hospitality Industry yourself you will understand. I will not post the reasons we believe this to be the case but do give us a call.

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels