“Fantastic stay - great hospitality”
Review of Botanic Rest

Botanic Rest
Ranked #26 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The care taken by the staff to make my experience in Belfast wonderful was great. The location is fantastic for walking all around the city. The room is simple but has absolutely everything you need. Wifi worked well in the room and there was a tv to watch the World Cup on :) I arrived (a 1 mile walk from the central train station) and it was too early to check in. The gentleman on the desk said we could leave our bags and he would put them in the room as soon as it was ready. He then printed a map for me and marked the sights that I wanted to see. Breakfast was a lovely omlette and toast/cereal.
When I returned my bag was indeed in the room. I mentioned wanting to take a tour of the Giant's Causeway and he arranged everything for me. I was concerned about making it back in time to get to the airport for my flight but he had first hand (and correct) knowledge of the tour and airport transport. He phoned to arrange the tour, gave me candid information about the different tour companies and what would be the best value for money for what I wanted (timely, small group), advice on getting food before the ride because he knew the stops and food available at each. He arranged for me to be picked up at the hostel but dropped at the bus station so I could easily get to the airport. The bus driver was early getting there so the woman working in the morning helped me to quickly check out so that he didn't get annoyed :)
All in all a great B&B with a great location and top notch staff. I wholeheartedly recommend it!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We recently staid at this B&B and I have to disagree with most reviews here:
- The sheets were dirty. One had dried blood on it and the second one had something dark on it,
- The floor was uneven, forcing us to sleep in the opposite direction,
- The bathroom was really small as well (you could wash your hands while being on the toilet),
- The shower was almost clogged (water was stagnating),
- We asked for a double bed, we got two separate beds,
- Breakfast was cereals, bread and jam. If you wanted a proper breakfast, you had to pay.
- There is no parking.
- The area doesn't look very safe (loads of drunk people in the street).

This B&B is cheap and has free wifi. That's about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sabrina B
Reviewed 14 June 2014

when we arrived we were greeted by the most pleasant of staff he helped us in directions and had time for a chat !!. We had arrived early and he lets us book in showed us to our room really he couldnt have been more helpful . The room was clean and the ensuite perfect everything we needed for our stay . The BotanicRest is in a perfect location for all the restaurants and bars . Breakfast in the morning was tasty and plentiful . Needless to say we will be back much more pleasant stay than their expensive rivals !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed two nights in botanic rest, found it very clean nice hotel as I said right in the middle of Belfast. Very handy some shops around hotel are open 24/7.
The hotel staff are professional and very friendly.Honestly saying I found botanic rest my second home, if I need to stay in Belfast I will stay in botanic rest.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2014

1st price is low; 2nd staff is passionate and friendly; 3d the location in Belfast is great (many restaurants around); 4th the rooms are kept clean and have everything; 5th free wi-fi (with a good bandwidth). What else? specially cooked scrambled eggs for your breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my second stay at the Botanic Rest in Belfast and it wasn't quite to the excellent standards as the first time around. Perhaps I was very lucky with my first stay as I got a very good value en-suite room with three single beds and breakfast. This time I was staying with a friend as we were doing a quick tour of Ireland. I think we paid around £50 for this second stay which was more expensive than before and we didn't have an en-suite bathroom. The shared bathroom wasn't particularly good and the shower didn't work well. That being said, the Dutch chap who manages the hotel was as extremely helpful, funny and friendly as usual and the breakfast was good. We happened to be there when the new chef and previous chef were in a bake off as to who could make the best omelette. We got to sample both and they were pretty good. It was a lot of fun all around and we even had to score the omelettes for taste, presentation etc. The accommodation is decent, pretty clean with very friendly staff. Also very convenient to the city centre and there's lots of bars and places to eat on the Botanic in very close proximity. Overall, disappointed as it wasn't as good as my first trip (which I gave 5 stars, see previous review) but not bad overall.

Room Tip: Ask for an en-suite bedroom as the shared bathroom wasn't good. Also, we were at the front of th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EJB1976
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This B&B is in a great location, near lots of bars and restaurants and within walking distance of the bus station and city centre but we didn't hear any noise at night. The staff were really friendly and helpful. They gave us lots of suggestions for things to do, and the Black cab taxi tour was a great experience. The room was spotlessly clean and the shower was hot and powerful. Breakfast was also very nice, with lots of choice. This B&B provides excellent value for money. Two suggestions for improvement - make sure there is always a plentiful supply of toilet paper in shared toilets and tea/ coffee making facilities in the room would be nice (but these were available in shared lounge).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends