“NASTY!”

Acapulco Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Acapulco Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 1,258 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a Mexican Restaurant offering authentic recepies in the heart of East Belfast's premier food destination in Ballyhackamore. We also have a small 'Burrito Bar' takeaway attached to the side of our premises.
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Can't understand all the positive reviews the restaurant is mediocre at best nothing like authentic Mexican food just takeaway standard but I suppose some people don't care.

Poor service poor food seating a joke
Nothing else to say

Patricia C, Owner at Acapulco Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Freddie,

We have been ' wrecking our brains' trying to recall an unhappy customer who didn't eat their food and seemed unhappy with our service and where they were seating. We simply are not aware of anyone. We always try our very best to please our customers but if problems are not brought to our attention we obviously cannot help fix them. Judging by your comments, that may not have been possible in any regard.

I am sorry that your visit was not a success and hope you can accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Really impressed with our meal in Acapulco. Staff lovely, very personal service, great menu and lovely food. Loved our burritos, definitely coming back for more!

Date of visit: June 2014
2  Thank cat M
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The BFM loves real,genuine and freshly cooked Mexican food, just like I had in Mexico City and Cancun in 2012. So I went to Acapulco in Ballyhack back end of summer last year for lunch,as I had a craving for the authentic thing.

257 Upper Newtownards Rd
Belfast
BT4
United Kingdom
028 9029 6400
@AcapulcoBelfast

This is the second Acapulco in Ireland owned by Patricia Carson,the first being in Dublin and also the second one in Belfast (no relation).
It is decorated just like the restaurants in Mexico,so I knew I was in for a treat!!!

I ordered the spicy chicken taquitos (£5) and boy was it nice mmmmm!! The dish was spicy chicken in a tortilla with grilled cheese and a dollop of sour cream on top along side a mixed salad and a couple of nachos,just enough for a lunch and served piping hot very quickly. Not like the rubbery textured food served up in Mexican chain restaurants!! A gem of a place.

The restaurant is Open tue-sun from
12.00-22.00. So go on down and eat in or take away a piece of authentic Mexican.

Once again the BFM shares the food love!!! Ciao down now!!!

2  Thank BelfastFoodTravelMan
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Food is very good! However..takeaway section is a joke! A friend and I turned up at 8.49 to get some food (claim to be open to 9) whilst i appreciate this isn't ideal timing...one expects to still get served as its advertised that its open to 9. A burrito takes about 2 minutes to make also. The door was lying wide open with the open sign visible on the door so there was already a contradiction. The staff member (who was doing nothing) took delight in telling me it was closed. Lovely way to treat a loyal customer! I will be giving my Mexican business to Boojum again as they value loyalty and adhere to advertised opening hours. None of their staff would ever do that in my experience. Shame as the food is authentic and of a high standard (even though portions are small)

4  Thank CalumL30
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I went for lunch with a friend as had heard good things and we were not disappointed. There was a good selection on the menu and the food was incredible. Couldn't fault the service. I will definitely be going back