“A pleasure”
Review of Hotel Etap Belfast

Hotel Etap Belfast
Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here 8th of March for a comedy show, I'm familiar with Belfast so parked across the road from the hotel. The girl on reception was lovely, checked us in quick and gave us all the info we needed. Room was fine for over night stay. Trying to get ready for dinner encountered a problem with the only sockets at the TV and the nearest mirror a meter and a half away, Safe to say my hair wasn't half straightened as I couldn't see what I was doing. phoned a taxi from the free phone downstairs to go for dinner. Came back about half 11 as we were exhausted and came straight in and went to bed. Beds were fine and pillows were a bit small, could have done with 2 more pillows. Then came half 2, I'm a light sleeper and the revelers woke me but I fell back to sleep until 4.15......Well, I don't know what way these girls where raised But I heard screaming coming down the corridor and the room door beside ours being beat so hard I thought she was going to put it through, the door opened and screaming turned into a fight. Girls beating each other in the corridor, I got up to find a phone to call reception, No phone, too scared to go out my door in-case they started on me. screaming went on, I never slept the rest of the night. we packed up and left the next morning, tired and groggy. I was very disappointed that security never picked up on this but maybe the people in the other rooms where too scared to leave too. On check out we weren't asked was our stay OK, If she didn't ask/care I wasn't going to tell her. Key cards taken we walked out and went home. I did get this hotel cheap as chips but would have paid more for a better nights sleep and more room essentials like a telephone in case of emergencies.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here 8/3/14. Smallest double room ive ever been in. Didn't like having the shower in the middle of the room and toilet door was not adequate. Room only had 2 sockets which were not attached to wall properly.. (room 409) .
the level of cleanliness overall was excellent and couldn't fault the staff in reception.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer M
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of the hotel.
I am sorry that you were disapointed with the room design but the design of the rooms is standard throughout all Ibis Budgets and ETAP Hotels.
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

This is a budget hotel, cheap and good value but you get what you pay for. Central location, friendly staff. You get a bed, toilet, sink, shower and a TV, and nothing else! If you enjoy the finer things in life like tea and coffee making facilities then stay somewhere else...
My partner and I stayed here during a weekend in Belfast, and enjoyed the breakfast and the central location, but having stayed in other Ibis hotels were unimpressed by the basic facilities, but knew as this was an Etap hotel we would be getting less, so were not disappointed.
Perfect for budget travellers, backpackers, stag & hen parties (lots of bars nearby). If you want a bit more then you will have to pay for it!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager
caragh, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The location is good across the road from Stan and Ollie restaurant.the pub next door is nice but plays music late good if ur on the piss bad if you wanted a quiet night.the breakfast is good continental only. No parking.traffic wardens are trigger happy.

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stay in this hotel once a month, it's fantastic. Staff really friendly. If ur staying down for the night for a night out its perfect.rooms are clean and beds comfy. Prices are so good as well.but I always ring hotel now to book as it is as handy. It's really central as well so handy from bus station and walking. There is car parking behind the cinema across the road which you can park and the hotel gives you discount on that too. I think you would be a fool not to stay :)

• Stayed March 2014
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My partner and I stayed at Etap in early March 2014 and the hotel was ideal for what we needed - somewhere clean and comfortable to rest our heads after days out exploring. The rooms are nothing fancy, but have everything you need (except for a hairdryer!). Be warned that the shower is literally IN the room, and the toilet is not a completely sealed door - so you may only want to stay here with someone you know very well! The airport bus stops a 5-10min walk away, and it's 10min walk to the City Hall/ Info Centre. We didn't purchase the breakfast, instead we walked a block next door where there is a Weatherspoons. There is an extremely noisy nightclub next door (Filthy McNasty's - name says it all!) but once we shut our window, it was incredibly sound proof and we heard nothing! Movie House and Tesco across the road too - pretty much ideal for those wanting an easy, clean, comfortable and cost effective place to stay while visiting Belfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 6 March 2014