“Neat”

Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Neat”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for three nights while on the conference. Initial problem with booking, I originally booked through booking.com and this is where the problem was. After sorting it out, checked in. Rooms are small and minimalistic, basic but practical and clean. Strange set up, toilet doors can't be locked(!) and shower is almost in the room.

Still, I recommend it especially considering the price.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Billymate
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd time at this hotel, but it was the longest we had ever spent in it (2 nights)!
I only realised on this visit that whilst appreciating the hotel is a 'budget chain' there are still some basics which should be applied!
1. Mattress protectors, there really is no excuse for not having these on the beds, it should come down to hygiene!
2. The mattresses / beds were awful, whilst I have an issue with certain beds, even my partner had issues with the beds, I don't think we had a decent nights sleep between us. It was like sleeping on concrete.
3. Under the beds we discovered were also full of dust, they obviously hadn't cleaned under it in ages.
4. I thought the rooms couldn't get any smaller until the room we were in this time was nothing more than a bedsit.
5. We had the breakfast on 1 morning and whilst it was only £4+ I felt the selection was very poor value.
Unfortunately I do not think I would return to this hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trevorlt
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here 8th of March for a comedy show, I'm familiar with Belfast so parked across the road from the hotel. The girl on reception was lovely, checked us in quick and gave us all the info we needed. Room was fine for over night stay. Trying to get ready for dinner encountered a problem with the only sockets at the TV and the nearest mirror a meter and a half away, Safe to say my hair wasn't half straightened as I couldn't see what I was doing. phoned a taxi from the free phone downstairs to go for dinner. Came back about half 11 as we were exhausted and came straight in and went to bed. Beds were fine and pillows were a bit small, could have done with 2 more pillows. Then came half 2, I'm a light sleeper and the revelers woke me but I fell back to sleep until 4.15......Well, I don't know what way these girls where raised But I heard screaming coming down the corridor and the room door beside ours being beat so hard I thought she was going to put it through, the door opened and screaming turned into a fight. Girls beating each other in the corridor, I got up to find a phone to call reception, No phone, too scared to go out my door in-case they started on me. screaming went on, I never slept the rest of the night. we packed up and left the next morning, tired and groggy. I was very disappointed that security never picked up on this but maybe the people in the other rooms where too scared to leave too. On check out we weren't asked was our stay OK, If she didn't ask/care I wasn't going to tell her. Key cards taken we walked out and went home. I did get this hotel cheap as chips but would have paid more for a better nights sleep and more room essentials like a telephone in case of emergencies.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here 8/3/14. Smallest double room ive ever been in. Didn't like having the shower in the middle of the room and toilet door was not adequate. Room only had 2 sockets which were not attached to wall properly.. (room 409) .
the level of cleanliness overall was excellent and couldn't fault the staff in reception.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer M
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of the hotel.
I am sorry that you were disapointed with the room design but the design of the rooms is standard throughout all Ibis Budgets and ETAP Hotels.