“Cheap, clean and cheerful.”
Review of Hotel Etap Belfast

Hotel Etap Belfast
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Three big lads laughed when we saw the size of the room and that it had a double bed and a single bunk. It was very clean though and reasonably priced for a central Belfast hotel. After a long day out visiting Ravenhill stadium we didn't care about the size of the room, the beds were comfortable and shower worked well. This hotel is well located, comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Everyone we met told us that this was a new hotel and had gone up very quickly. The building is nice and clean, with a good shower and comfortable bed, the rooms are on the small size but adequate enough. It could have done with a kettle, but facilities otherwise good.

It was however noisy on two of the nights we stayed there, mostly from other guests returning from a nights out (it was the St Patrick's weekend). There's a bar next door which had live bands on, but we couldn't hear them from our side of the hotel.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff, with a decently priced breakfast. Good central location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

For what this hotel says it is then there are no complaints at all, a simple easy base from which to explore Belfast.

I stayed with friends, one of which had a young baby and no one had any complains.

Staff were friendly and helpful, the cleanliness of the rooms could not be faulted at all. The pillows were thin, I was staying on my own so did not have any problem but can imagine 1 per person is inadequate.

I did ask to be moved for my second night from Floor 1 as this seemed to be a party floor, I don't feel I can really grumble due to the price & location, it's a base for hens & stags more than a relaxing weekend away however I was moved no questions asked and had a much better night on Floor 5.

Only thing is that one side of the hotel is over the courtyard for Filthy McNastys and so if you're a light sleeper it may be worth taking some earplugs to block out the base which can be heard... for me was bliss compared to the party people from night 1.

All in all no complaints at all, should I return for a quick city based break I won't hesitate to return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelAround87

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Because of needing an overnight stay in Belfast after a show, we stayed at this hotel.
Noticed some mixed reviews but we booked it for £29 for the night.
How can you make any complaints when you got a price this good.
Great location, very clean, staff friendly. Brilliant.
Everyone can have negatives but surely if you want a budget stay this is the place.
Rooms are very modern and minimalistic. Make you think everything was bought in IKEA..
We would stay again if we wanted a Cheap & Cheerful night in Belfast.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for the opposite side of hotel to nightclub..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel cheap and cheerful, pillows flat as pancakes. Were told no more available when asked if we could have more. Had no sleep due to bar/club next door directly under our room. Asked reception when the club shut. Was told any time now but music carried on for another hour or so. Banging music and noisy drunks till 2am. Not impressed when had to be up at 6.30am. We stayed on a tuesday so god knows what a weekend stay woukd be like. Definately would not stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sophie M

Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness. Please accept my upmost sincere apologies for the problems you have encountered regarding the noise coming from the pub next door during your stay with us. I hope that this will not deter you of using our hotel in the future.
Kind regards
Patrice Renault, General Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Couldn't beat the price and location was great, a short walk to city hall, the main shops and bars. Rooms where clean and modern although where a bit small, which reflects the price. Overall experience was good, staff were friendly and helpful. Good spot for group nights away to Belfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cookiem450
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Good value for money. Very compact rooms but functional. Bit of a weird layout with shower in room and a big gap under toilet door so no privacy whatsoever!lol! Great location with lots of bars and restaurant close by. Great place if your in Belfast for a night out or concert.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends