Hotel Etap Belfast
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
1,490 results
All reviewsrooms are smallcity centregreat budget hoteltoilet and showerbasic hoteltriple roomshort staycontinental breakfastwhat it says on the tinlight sleeperbus stationquiet roommin walkwould stay againtea and coffeebars and restaurantswetherspoons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really great value fir money being located in a major European City but it is very minimalist. The absolute worst part is the lack of privacy for the toilet we all had to sing a song when someone went into use the toilet. It was like being back in school! See through shower door as well with strategically placed frosting and it leads onto mirrors. Once again depends on who you are with on how much you can enjoy this hotel. Only other problem for the ladies is the sockets aren't close to the mirror so it's difficult to get the hair straightend looking in the mirror. Other than that the hotel is modern, clean, good location and they have ice cold beer down in the lobby!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Baconisgoodforme
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of the hotel.
I am sorry that you were disapointed with the room design but the design of the rooms is standard throughout all Ibis Budgets and ETAP Hotels.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Three big lads laughed when we saw the size of the room and that it had a double bed and a single bunk. It was very clean though and reasonably priced for a central Belfast hotel. After a long day out visiting Ravenhill stadium we didn't care about the size of the room, the beds were comfortable and shower worked well. This hotel is well located, comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Everyone we met told us that this was a new hotel and had gone up very quickly. The building is nice and clean, with a good shower and comfortable bed, the rooms are on the small size but adequate enough. It could have done with a kettle, but facilities otherwise good.

It was however noisy on two of the nights we stayed there, mostly from other guests returning from a nights out (it was the St Patrick's weekend). There's a bar next door which had live bands on, but we couldn't hear them from our side of the hotel.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff, with a decently priced breakfast. Good central location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

For what this hotel says it is then there are no complaints at all, a simple easy base from which to explore Belfast.

I stayed with friends, one of which had a young baby and no one had any complains.

Staff were friendly and helpful, the cleanliness of the rooms could not be faulted at all. The pillows were thin, I was staying on my own so did not have any problem but can imagine 1 per person is inadequate.

I did ask to be moved for my second night from Floor 1 as this seemed to be a party floor, I don't feel I can really grumble due to the price & location, it's a base for hens & stags more than a relaxing weekend away however I was moved no questions asked and had a much better night on Floor 5.

Only thing is that one side of the hotel is over the courtyard for Filthy McNastys and so if you're a light sleeper it may be worth taking some earplugs to block out the base which can be heard... for me was bliss compared to the party people from night 1.

All in all no complaints at all, should I return for a quick city based break I won't hesitate to return.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelAround87

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Because of needing an overnight stay in Belfast after a show, we stayed at this hotel.
Noticed some mixed reviews but we booked it for £29 for the night.
How can you make any complaints when you got a price this good.
Great location, very clean, staff friendly. Brilliant.
Everyone can have negatives but surely if you want a budget stay this is the place.
Rooms are very modern and minimalistic. Make you think everything was bought in IKEA..
We would stay again if we wanted a Cheap & Cheerful night in Belfast.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for the opposite side of hotel to nightclub..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014