“Suprised me”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Suprised me”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed in the ETAP for 2 nights while on a short break to Belfast and I was pleasently suprised with the accomodation. Good central location (5min walk to City Hall) and about 25min walk to Titanic quarter. There was a miss-communication from booking.com to the hotel, but luckily I rang to check the booking, this was not the fault of ETAP but it was sorted before I arrived. We had a disabled room for two nights overlooking Dublin road and was very happy with the bed, room size, bathroom. Very nice staff on the front desk too.

You get for what you pay for, but i feel I got a bit more than I paid for here!

Room Tip: I was in 404 and it had alot of noise from the pub next door (It was a Fri and Sat night), but not t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Travelled as group of girls for 30th in March for 1 night. Very central. Walking distance to most areas. Rooms immaculate. Shower is in room but glass frosted for privacy. Can be noisy at night so would not recommend for families on a weekend. Would stay again and recommend for anyone who wants to be close to nightlife.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
York
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have just returned from a short break in Belfast and stayed at the Etap. This is a budget hotel with quite small, but perfectly clean rooms which include toilet and shower facilities. The hotel is very well located - just a few minutes walk from the centre of Belfast. What really impressed about this hotel was how lovely the staff were - Kelly-Anne in particular was so friendly and helpful. If we ever go back to Belfast (a lovely city with lots to see and do) then the Etap is where we will be staying. It is a budget hotel but was sufficient for our purposes as the hotel was merely to sleep in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KathyYork
Omagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really great value fir money being located in a major European City but it is very minimalist. The absolute worst part is the lack of privacy for the toilet we all had to sing a song when someone went into use the toilet. It was like being back in school! See through shower door as well with strategically placed frosting and it leads onto mirrors. Once again depends on who you are with on how much you can enjoy this hotel. Only other problem for the ladies is the sockets aren't close to the mirror so it's difficult to get the hair straightend looking in the mirror. Other than that the hotel is modern, clean, good location and they have ice cold beer down in the lobby!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Baconisgoodforme
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of the hotel.
I am sorry that you were disapointed with the room design but the design of the rooms is standard throughout all Ibis Budgets and ETAP Hotels.
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Three big lads laughed when we saw the size of the room and that it had a double bed and a single bunk. It was very clean though and reasonably priced for a central Belfast hotel. After a long day out visiting Ravenhill stadium we didn't care about the size of the room, the beds were comfortable and shower worked well. This hotel is well located, comfortable and reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Everyone we met told us that this was a new hotel and had gone up very quickly. The building is nice and clean, with a good shower and comfortable bed, the rooms are on the small size but adequate enough. It could have done with a kettle, but facilities otherwise good.

It was however noisy on two of the nights we stayed there, mostly from other guests returning from a nights out (it was the St Patrick's weekend). There's a bar next door which had live bands on, but we couldn't hear them from our side of the hotel.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff, with a decently priced breakfast. Good central location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter G
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Biddulph, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

For what this hotel says it is then there are no complaints at all, a simple easy base from which to explore Belfast.

I stayed with friends, one of which had a young baby and no one had any complains.

Staff were friendly and helpful, the cleanliness of the rooms could not be faulted at all. The pillows were thin, I was staying on my own so did not have any problem but can imagine 1 per person is inadequate.

I did ask to be moved for my second night from Floor 1 as this seemed to be a party floor, I don't feel I can really grumble due to the price & location, it's a base for hens & stags more than a relaxing weekend away however I was moved no questions asked and had a much better night on Floor 5.

Only thing is that one side of the hotel is over the courtyard for Filthy McNastys and so if you're a light sleeper it may be worth taking some earplugs to block out the base which can be heard... for me was bliss compared to the party people from night 1.

All in all no complaints at all, should I return for a quick city based break I won't hesitate to return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends