“Excellent”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Paia, Hawaii
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

After traveling all over Europe and the UK all month long, this hotel was a breath of fresh air! VERY clean, modern and sleek. Check in was lovely and quick, they sell sandwiches and alcohol/drinks in the lobby pre-made. Took elevator up to our room, room key sensor, hot hot shower, and the view from our window was priceless.

Pub right next door, and several kebab/eateries within a second's walking distance.

Excellent night's sleep, not street noise from our room at all. Clean beds. They have a breakfast buffet in morning, but we missed it due to an early train.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maui N
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
dumfriesshire
Reviewed 22 June 2014

we got such a great deal on this hotel kept thinking something must be wrong with it, there wasnt, it was ideal. we checked in early and got a room with a huge bathroom on the second floor, overlooking the pub which the receptionist warned us about but we heard practically no noise. room itself pretty basic and the pillows were very small and hard. its in a great location only 5 minutes to the city hall, bars and restaurants nearby and also the cinema. we arrived at the europa bus station and it was 5 minutes away. there is a continental breakfast available at £4.95 which we had one morning and there was plenty to choose from. i gave this a 4 out of 5 because if we had an ordinary room i wouldnt have liked the bathroom layout

Room Tip: the bridge house along the road does reasonably priced food ideal for breakfast
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Excellent location not far from all of the shops and attractions in the city centre and right next to many pubs and restaurants which was perfect for our stay. The price was reasonable for our 3 night stay and the hotel was very clean and modern, to be honest I didn't expect much for the price I had paid but it exceeded my expectations. The staff were very friendly and helpful, we arrived earlier than the 12 o'clock check in and the lady on reception kindly let us leave our suitcase whilst we went to explore. All in all great value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed here for one night - booked directly through the Ibis website for a cheap rate, paid little extra for breakfast as I didn't know the area, but there is lots of lovely cafes and eateries nearby so I'd recommend going there as brekkie wasn't worth the extra money.

Bedroom was clean and fit for purpose however please be aware if there are more than two of you - it is quite cramped.
Overall it was cheap and cheerful, however the biggest negative for us was the toilet doors are "saloon" type doors with large gaps at the top and bottom so anyone in the room with you can hear you on the toilet, which is embarrassing and wholly unnecessary!

If you're on your own or as a couple and need somewhere cheap to stay in the centre of Belfast, this is highly recommended.

Room Tip: They're all pretty small!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Running_Epilogue
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness. I am sorry that you were sisapointed by the room design. I hope that this will not deter you of using our hotel in the future.Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here for a night out for a friend's birthday. The room was small and very basic, although clean. The room has a capacity for 3 people (bunk bed above the double bed) and if three people where in one room, it would be extremely cramped. We paid £70 for this room for one night (no breakfast included) which I feel was very expensive, especially for this level of basic-ness.
The 'ensuite' facilities were not separate from the bedroom. The toilet is in the bedroom with nothing but a swing door for privacy. It does not properly close and there is no lock on the door. The shower is also in the room meaning you must get dried and changed in the middle of the room in full view of your friend.
I would not stay here again, and for anyone that does stay, I would recommend bringing a friend or partner that you are not shy around. I understand it is a budget hotel, but this is pushing it. I would definitely prefer Premier Inn. For a similar price you get more value for money and they are generally much nicer.
Also, we were staying for a night out so we weren't back in our room until late. But I imagine that anyone staying here and not going for a night out, would be very annoyed at the level of noise coming from the club next door. It is definitely not a place for a romantic or peaceful break. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Stay in a Premier Inn instead.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank S S
Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness. I am sorry about the disturbance that you have experienced with the noise coming form the pub next door and by the room design. I hope that this will not deter you of using our hotel in the future.Kind regards, Patrice Renault, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend and best mate in a triple room last week. We're not a typically coupley couple but some back home found this odd!

Our first thought when we walked in was, very clean and modern if a little compact. The open sink and partially frosted shower and thin door on the khazi mean that you should be comfortable around each other if you are thinking of staying here.

The matress was a little firm but the triple bunk layout was sturdy enough. The fitted blinds meant that the room stayed dark at night.

Staff were friendly and there was a lively bar on one side and a cracking little pizzeria the other.

Perfect base of operations for a city visit; would definitely stay again in future.

The vibe I got was that it was suited to a younger crowd/groups. You may want to consider if this is your bag!

Weekday prices were very reasonable, happened to be double for our last night (Friday) kind of expected but once you're creeping up to the £100 mark you kinda want more.

This stopped it short of the 5 for me, in summary, think of it as a posh private roomed hostel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Patrice R, General Manager at Hotel Etap Belfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Newcastle, England
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed over for a weekend, reasonable price in this new hotel. Everything clean and the rooms functional. The staff on reception friendly. The location is good so you can walk into the centre easily. Stayed on the 4th floor and had a quiet night, the pub next door was closing as I got back but no real noise to worry about. I would use this hotel again when I come back to Belfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends