“Cheers to Arthur!”
Review of Hidden Belfast

Hidden Belfast
Ranked #64 of 118 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: A one hour walking tour in Belfast City Centre uncovering the hidden gems both historic and recent in the city. The best thing about Belfast is the people and we cover the full range, ” Benevolence, Blackguards and Balloon Heads!” Informative, eye opening, engaging and good fun, we finish the tour with free coffee or tea. The perfect introduction to the city!
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

A really insightful, humorous and fun tour around Belfast with the fabulous Arthur! Having lived in Belfast all my life, I definitely thought I knew a good deal about the city but this tour taught me so much, and with Arthur's unique twist, I felt like a real tourist unpacking the hidden stories of Northern Ireland's capital. Finished off with a free cup of tea or coffee, and at only £5 a shot, you definitely get your money's worth. Couldn't recommend this tour highly enough.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This walking tour (with our talented guide Arthur) gave us an insightful look at Belfast and its people. Drawing our attention to the inconspicuous parts of the city which we would have otherwise passed by without noticing. Part information and part philosophy: Arthur made us feel like a couple of old friends he was showing around his home town.

1  Thank Shirley S
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We got a walking tour in Belfast on Sunday September 15th. It calls “Hidden Belfast walking tour”. Fantastic tour! Our guide Arthur was brilliant. He was very thorough with the history of Belfast. He didn’t just show us historic city center, he gave us good view from big City Hall to the invisible small spots. We were a small group of 4, so it allowed us to ask many questions. We would highly recommend this tour and it’s great value for money. Thanks Arthur!
Boris and Jane, USA.

1  Thank borisk32
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Great tour! Nice to see the other side of Belfast and going places that as a tourist, I wouldn't enter myself. Definitely worth the time and the money!

1  Thank OrangeFr0g
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What a surprise! We do have a fascinating history other than the Troubles and the Titanic! Having lived in Belfast most of my life I was astounded by the amount of interesting and quirky facts I learned. Arthur was a very knowledgable and fun guide, and Raymond (author of Hidden Belfast) took me through the history of the smithfield area in addition to the tour. Its a must do for tourists to get a different view of Belfast's rich history and to discover some hidden gems. For locals it's a lesson on the lesser known facts of the city and a great look at places where you pass everyday but perhaps don't realise they're there. Even the cafe where we had our free cuppa at the end was a new discovery for me, full of ecletic art, vintage clothing and upstairs houses Terri Hooley's Good Vibrations record store. Next time you're in the city centre take an hour to experience this great value tour, well worth it!