“Disapointed ”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Cork, Ireland
“Disapointed ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Good points : waiter welcoming. Cocktails were good. Antipasti quite tasty.

Unfortunately come the bad points :

We Were offered a far too large table for just a couple.
The door was openned even though it was during the evening. Altough it was closed when we were half way trough the main dish.
We had to ask for water.
The pasta were not well cooked white wine sauce turned out to be a lot of butter. So too greasy and poor ingredients were used for the main dish.
But according to the price per dish we wouldn't have bothered that much about it. Thing is we were not offered any deserts at all they even switch off the kitchen's lights as if they simply waited for us to leave asap.

This is actually not the original brand carlito's but the new one. Still in the end quite dispointing.

Belfast
“Greasy pizzas and practically ignored.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I ate in here yesterday. We were seated and waited on our meal which took quite a while to come out even though the restaurant was pretty empty. I had specifically told the waiter that as the pizza comes with chillies, and I love spicy food, to tell the chefs to make sure it was spicy.

While we waited on the meal one of the waiters came to the table next to us and covered the table in some sort of disinfectant. That's all well and good keeping up the hygiene but not so much with two diners sitting right next to it! I could actually taste it, it was that strong!

When our pizzas did arrive I noticed straight away that there was a huge amount of cheese on them, as my husband is not a massive fan of cheese. I also noticed that it was burnt in places near the outside of the pizza, with pools of grease on the inside. Of the few pieces of pepperoni I actually got on the pizza, all were black! I was extremely hungry, having just come home from a 5 hour journey and this had taken so long to arrive, so I figured how bad could it be. I usually have black pepper, but as the waiter had disappeared without offering us anything more I began to eat.

As I cut into the pizza I realised that it was literally so dripping with grease that it was making the base incredibly soggy. I tried lifting it to eat it, but there was so much grease even on the bottom that it covered my hand. I had to use my napkin to blot the grease and had to take a second napkin off the table beside us as there was so much to mop up. Incidentally, I couldn't even taste the chillies!

During our entire meal not one waiter came near us to ask if everything was ok even though I was moping up the grease in full view of the counter. In the end I ate what I could then boxed the rest for our dog and left very disappointed and quite nauseous.

I felt compelled to write in, as I have lived in Newtownards and our favourite Italian was Carlitos, so I know what standard the food is usually at. Those guys work incredibly hard and always make you feel welcome, showing huge pride in the food they serve and the service they provide.

I had eaten in this Belfast branch in October for my brothers birthday and the service and food was everything I was used to in Newtownards. I don't know whats changed in the past 6 months but something has gone wrong. I would have scored this a zero but due to previous visits and the Newtownards branch I raised the score.

• Visited April 2014
Limavady, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“very good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We visited this place because it happened to be over the road from our hotel, and we were very very glad we did. The meal was great the waiter was very good, atmosphere is really nice and we will definitely be going back if we are in the area again, well worth a visit

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Third Visit Was Not Great as Previous Ones!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were looking forward to a repeat great tasting Italian meal here but it seemed the food was cooked by a different chef! it was not bad but certainly not as good as late last year. The penne Arrabiata pasta, Padano pizza and tiramisu we had did not live up to the great taste of the last visit. We shall try it again in future hoping the old taste will return!

Visited January 2014
“Nice but expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

On arrival host showed us to our seat very quickly and friendly. Waitress was punctual on coming over with menus and to take drinks order. Ok selection on menu quite a few italian things which werent translated so ordered doughballs and oils for start which to be honest werent great just warm bread with olive oil or butter. Got a pizza and steak sandwich for main which were average priced but not averaged sized, pizza was ok (pizza is pizza) steak sandwich had ok but on smaller size portion of steak, mushrooms and onions. Ive had a lot more from other places. Dessert was then 4.50 each hubby got chocolate sundae ( cant go wrong with ice cream) and i got sticky toffee pudding which came out with toffee sauce curdled and seperated , mixed it through but couldnt finish dessert as actual sponge was over cooked and dry . This was the 1st time ever i havent finished dessert when ive been out for a meal. Told waitress who said to chef who then made a silly excuse that its the way the oven cooks it. ( still had to pay for it ) over all average experience. Prob not return.