“Over-priced, over-rated and microwave over-worked.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Slim's Kitchen
Ranked #281 of 1,040 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British, Healthy
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Over-priced, over-rated and microwave over-worked.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Thought I'd try Slim's Healthy Kitchen at their Chichester Street branch (Healthy Kitchen Express). I ordered a felafel salad. The ordinary salad is around £3. Add a few meagre pieces of felafel, and it costs nearly £6. Strange.

What was it like? The salad items were exactly as you'd find anywhere; not bad but not amazing. The real let down was the felafel. Now, I'll admit; I've had felafel in the Middle East, so perhaps my standards are unrealistic for Belfast. However, the felafel at Slim's is really, really poor. It's much worse than the felafel I've had in pre-packaged salads at Tesco. It's worse than frozen felafel. Much worse. It's awful. Mine was also microwave burnt. Not great for somewhere that markets itself as being 'fresh' and 'healthy'.

Positive points? The decor is bright and modern. The staff were nice and helpful. The juice I had tasted fresh and wasn't overly expensive at £3.50. The food was just very disappointing, and I don't think I'll be back.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Raydar

• Polish first
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Not much Slim or Healthy but tasted good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Funny when you go to a place with a "healthy label" you have an expectation of lots of yummy salads etc . Not so I found out, so maybe they could work on that , but did I have to say have a lovely chicken dish .
My advice go enjoy but don't think it's all healthy as you may be disappointed

Visited August 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Tasty & Healthy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We arrived without a booking after a long day visiting the Antrim Coast. We had to wait 15 mins for a table which was no hardship to us. The restaurant was buzzing and we were made to feel very welcome. The service, food and drinks were very good and would definitely recommend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Angela K
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Yummy!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great service by waiters, although manager or owner walked about a lot and didn't participate much on the service side! Chicken wings were amazing for starter, although main meal of chicken was very plain! Got Strawberry lemonade sorbet for dessert but was brown and more tasting like coke! Would go back for the chicken wings and sweet potato fries

• Visited July 2014
N Ireland
“Two terrible experiences”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My first experience of Slims was disappointing tasteless food in freezing surroundings,so bad I vowed I wouldn't return!! A few weeks later my niece suggested we eat in Slims and to keep the peace I said I would give it another try. Well I can only say I will NEVER be back, we had more tasteless food served in even colder surroundings!!!

• Visited August 2014