“Super pizzas” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Super pizzas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice pizzas, which can vary to your needs. Have ate here many times and would always recommend it due to its handiness. Staff very friendly also.

Visited August 2013

Portadown
“Best takeaway pizza in Belfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

In my youth tjis place was a regular haunt at the end of a night on ghe town. Now those days are gone and the pipe and slippers are the norm. But for dinner on the hoof or a late night snack this place is super. The pizzas taste amazing and staff are great. It only does takeaway. We often get one and eat in the car watching the world go by. At certain times there are a few drunkards staggering about but hey it's Belfast and makes for excellent dining entertainment. Top nosh. Worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
Belfast
“Always a good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Never had a bad one here. It's been open as long as I can remember. Great pizzas, especially after several pints in the Crown :-)

Visited September 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Yum! Perfect food with entertainment for free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Yum!
Sometimes - especially at the end of a long week, neither my significant other nor I have the puff or inclination to stand in the kitchen to make a meal. I'm sure loads of you have also experienced this lack of enthusiasm feeling?

Well, fortunately for us the city centre isn't too far away - so when we combine a general "scoot about" town just to wind down, be out of the house, and be k that we are t missing anything .... We often end up at Little Italy!
You know the kind of nights I mean? Those evenings when you have got home from work, changed out of your day clothes & slipped into something more comfortable?

Okay, so dfinitely not the best look, but the week has just been so hectic that you've almost lost the will to live...... Except it's the weekend??
"Little Italy" is perfect for getting something quick, something we both enjoy, and something tasty to satisfy the hunger pangs. It's not just the pizza I enjoy but the fact that I can participate in some people watching adds to the 'atmosphere' of the location!

The pizza is not 'humungous'; Im glad to say the medium is just about the right size for me. We both have medium sized pizza, and whilst the food is cooking my dear husband will often dander back to the car to leave the drinks - so I get to sup whilst I wait. Fibber Magee's is so busy folks are standing around outside, tourists walk thorough the square en route to hotel or to town, but the most entertaining are the taxi drivers.
Parked on the left side of the road looking towards the Europa, I keep myself occupied with the antics! If the Taxi rank / spaces are filled the queue spews over to the right side of the road. It's so funny when another Little Italy customer parks there ...... Quite often the vehicle can be surrounded by Taxi cabs within seconds.... Sometimes it takes longer, but 9/10 the taxi's are definitely in control! Several drivers take off to drive around the block, choosing to park on the left, further back towards the old Belfast Tech Building; others who may be sitting in the passenger seat are filled with dread - it's almost tangible..... So often I feel their fear! You can see the sheer relief on faces as the driver gets in - and the speed at which the vehicle moves out of the space and takes off is minimal. So it goes - short skirts, high heals, spiky hair , dreadlocks; male, female and undecided all stroll by, cycle, or stumble - many without a care in the world!?
Then both the pizza's and my hubby return, and the aroma fills the car to remind me of my hunger. My knees are warmed through the box, and napkins at the ready.
But wait, not too quick now - you know what happens when you don't give a pizza time to cool even just a little bit?
Eventually I let myself begin - yum! That cheesy smell of my marguerite (never anything else), my teeth bite through the thin base and the spicy tomato sauce hits my tongue 1st...... Hmm, Italy is such a beautiful place! Close my eyes and I think I'm there? Yess..... The dough is good, slightly salted and just the way I like it. A second bite? Great - now I know I left the food for just the right amount of time... I haven't burnt that delicate pie e of skin just behind my 2 front teeth again, that's great.
We both eat in amicable silence, then, as we finish we begin to chat about what we see.
Another great meal in Brunswick Street - definitely one of my favourite pizza stops! Food is yum, small enough portion to be
able to finish without that awfully full & groggy feeling; yet big enough to be comfortably full. Service with a smile by a handsome hunk ( not that I would be biased in any way), excellent value for money (coz I never pay), and all the excitement of the passers by - much better than the cinema because the view and atmosphere changes every visit!!
Well worth the visit!
By the way........ the food is always excellent, service good; staff very pleasant, hygienicaIly clean and value for money. Can't beat a Little Italy pizza take away from Brunswick Street!

• Visited August 2013