“Best Indian restaurant I've ever been to”
Review of Rajput

Rajput
Ranked #136 of 1,047 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belfast
“Best Indian restaurant I've ever been to”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The good here is just amazing and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. As it is a BYO it works out extremely cheap for what you are getting both from a quality and a quantity perspective.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Yipsandyeos

Berkshire, UK
“Fresh food, friendly staff, recommended”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Rajput serves some of the freshest Indian food I've tasted outside of India. The saag aloo (spinach and potato) was particularly good. The restaurant is unlicensed - you can bring your own beer or wine for a small corkage charge. We asked for Lassi. It's not on the menu (Belfast diners prefer beer with their curries) but the owner said with a day's warning he could have it made specially for us. He also said he could also provide fish curries if ordered a day in advance. Excellent customer service, as well as terrific food. Warmly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank quaestor
“One of the best Indian's we've been to!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Some of the best Indian food we've had! Excellent, friendly service. Great for Gluten free, virtually every option on the menu we could choose from which is very rare! Owner very knowledgable. Take away available as well.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Tipitop
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This restaurant has two sittings, one at 6.45pm and the other at 8.45 pm - this means that you are always sure to get your table on time at the second sitting. Unfortunately if you are on the first sitting it means you have to leave at 8.45! The staff were very welcoming and we got free poppadoms and three dips to choose from - the dips were very tasty. The only disadvantage was that we didn't get our meal till 10.00 pm which was very late - it was as well we had had the poppadoms! I ordered the chicken saag which was lovely. My friends also enjoyed their meal.
As I have already said the service was quite slow - even though there were plenty of waiting staff.
I would definitely go there again

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jill B
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very good food efficient service but bumped off our table rather ungraciously”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We ate here on Friday night and as the restaurant is very busy at weekends so we knew our table was required at 8.45. Not a problem. The food was excellent as usual and service satisfactory. When it came to 8.45 we were told the next people were waiting. My friends had to finish drinking coffees so as soon as they were finished we left...literally before I could get my coat on our table was cleared by two waiters..I really felt pressurised...there must be a more 'gentle' way of ousting us?? Apart from that we really had a lovely meal in pleasant surroundings.

• Visited May 2014