Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
PremierInn.com
US$96
PremierInn.com
1,655 results
All reviewsa business class roombusiness parkcity centrenespresso machinejunior suitenice hotelmini barbar foodquiet locationwithin walking distancestandard roomreception staffweekend breakmin walkstayed here for one nightcar parklovely room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Cons
1. Bed sheet covering the mattress was about 5 inches too short for the bed so when you pulled the blankets back the actual mattress was visible. I wonder how many pairs of feet had been on the bottom section of that mattress...not very appealing.

2. Bed base valance was too long for the bed and extremely creased.

3. The ironing board provided in the room was very rickety and unstable. It felt like it was going to fall over and the stand for the actual iron was broken.

4. The bathroom had under floor heating which was great but we stayed in the middle of a heat wave and there was no facility to turn the under floor heating off.

5. Air Conditioning wasn't very cooling - again this was in a heat wave.

6. Bar was very unwelcoming. The actual bar looks like it's closed from the foyer. Chairs were uncomfortable.

Pro's
1. Rooms are a nice size and the bed was huge.

2. Reception staff were very helpful.

3. Free parking for guests. Parking in Belfast is quite expensive and I believe other hotels (The Hilton) charge their guests for parking.

4. Breakfast Buffet was well varied and catered for most diets.

5. Hotel location is good. Belfast City is quite small and everything is in walking distance.

Overall I feel that the hotel was not up to it's four star standard. In particular the mattress cover being too short just seemed a bit too unhygienic. This is a basic expectation with any hotel regardless of its star rating. It’s a shame because I probably won’t stay in the hotel again for this reason alone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ciara656
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback - I'm sorry about the few details missed during your stay - our Housekeeping team does usually great job, but I will definitely find out why a wrong size sheet was fitted on your bed. Please accept my sincere apologies for that - if you stay with us again, I hope all will be 100% - but if not, please do let us know straight away - no matter what time, we are always happy to make things right straight away.
I was happy to see your positive feedback in regards to your stay too and very much hope to see you again soon.
Last point - the airconditioning - we had unusually high temperatures in Belfast last week - it was really nice to see lots of sun, but unfortunately it took a bit longer for the A/Cs to cool the rooms down.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We experienced a number of disappointments at this attractive hotel. The bar was out of Guinness Sunday & Monday. No brewed decaf available at any time Service in both the bar and restaurant was negligent. Restaurant unaccomodating to cardiac patient. AC not functioning. Business center closed on weekend. One day our room was not yet cleaned upon return after lunch. Associated health club was not well maintained: dirty pool & locker room.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm sorry about not having the decaf coffee available in our bar - I have followed up on your comment with my Food & Beverage Manager and will ensure there is always some in stock going forward (the reason for not having this is that there was no demand for it, but I agree with you that it should be available for special requests and this is by no means an excuse for not having that available). The Guiness was really out of our hands as we didn't get our delivery before the weekend - I am really sorry for that - at the same time the LA fitness, which we work with has been contacted straight away - I will meet with their manager this Friday to address your comments. It was very disappointing to for me to see the negative feedback - we trust them to provide a great service to our guests at all time and I felt they let us down on this occassion. If you come to Belfast again, please keep in touch and let me know. I will make sure all is ready for you (including decaf coffee) so you can leave with 100% positive experience.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My friends and I have just returned from a wonderful trip to Belfast and the Radisson Blu ticked all the boxes. Staff were friendly and professional...although there was a little mix up with our breakfast package they were quick to apologise. We were able to check in early, the rooms were spacious and clean with a well stocked and expensive mini bar. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. Within walking distance to the centre we will definately be returning to Belfast and the Radisson Blu.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

I'm sorry it took me a bit longer to respond to your review - I was out of the hotel last week and didn't have a chance to log in.
I'm delighted we were the right choice for you and ticked all boxes - especially the positive comments about my team make me really happy.
I hope to see you in our hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

I found the Radisson Blu Belfast very disappointing from the moment I walked in the doors of the hotel, the reception area is cold and uninviting and a very contemporary feel to it. The bedrooms are large and clean but certainly not of a 4 star standard. The hallways to the bedrooms seriously need upgrading as very bland and dated. The staff were friendly and efficient but breakfast was cold and breakfast area was again very plain and decor again needs updating. A very boring hotel experience, certainly adequate for a nights stay but not a holiday.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for posting the review. I'm sorry the design of our hotel is not prefered by you - it is very contemporary indeed. I was happy to see that you liked the size of our bedrooms and friendliness of our team.
We are a city centre hotel, although there is quite a few guests spending short holidays in our hotel - because of our location in Belfast city centre our hotel doesn't have the leisure facilities of the resort property - more suitable for longer - holiday stays.
Leading to the summer season, we are now introducing additional family packages to make the short breaks as enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights over the May bank holiday weekend while in Belfast for the Marathon. Arrived around six and got checked in without any problems. Went to the restaurant on the ground floor which had good food and was reasonably priced. We sat in the large couches at the entrance to the bar for a few hours enjoying the relaxing atmosphere before retiring for an early night. Down for breakfast at 06:30 the following morning and was amazed with the variety of food. Maybe a little expensive at ₤12 (almost €15) per person if you prepaid I think it was something like ₤18 (€22) otherwise.. It strange that the breakfast would be as expensive as the evening meal but obviously your paying for the choose of food rather than what you actually eat.

Small bit of criticism was that you needed to be a "business resident" to avail of the swimming pool (located a few doors away), and free parking otherwise these are extras on your stay..

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

I'm really happy you had a great stay with us and enjoyed your break in Belfast and thank you for sharing your review with other travellers.
The LA fitness facilities close to the hotel are free for business class guests and at a small charge for all other residents - I hope the quality of the fitness club (with swimming pool, etc) compensate for that.
I'm looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel again - carparking is always free on weekends and we are now introducing some new packages for families, to make their stays as comfortable as possible.
Kind regards,