“Smart, attractive hotel within easy walking distance of city centre”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
NOTTINGHAM
“Smart, attractive hotel within easy walking distance of city centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. I stayed in a queen suite with a lovely view of the pond/lake/water feature. The room was clean, bright, airy & relaxing with air con too. Good tea & coffee selection & mini bar (not that I was allowed to use the mini bar on works credit card!).
The bathroom was well equipt with excellent power shower, under floor heating & a good range of complimentary toiletries.
The hotel staff were friendly & helpful thoughout my stay.
The breakfast was very good with a varied selection of cooked & continental products.
My only disappointment (which is purely personal) is that the bacon was described as 'crispy bacon' & on lifting the lid I could not find a single piece of crispy bacon! Gutted! A bit of false advertising there I think! Never mind.
I didn't eat at the hotel however the menu looked very good & would give it a go next time.
All in all would definitely stay here again (work paying of course as I doubt I would be able to afford to stay here otherwise!).

Room Tip: You need to ask for a room overlooking the lake/pond, as the other side of the hotel over looks wast...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Ennis, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I couldn't fault it. We stayed 3 nights and found the staff to be very attentive. The hotel was spotless and was only a 10 min walk to city hall. If this hotel had a pool it would have been a dream but other than that would recommend this to anyone. Parking is free at weekends only otherwise it's 10 pounds a night, but at least your car is safe.

• Stayed May 2012
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Thank you very much for your review - I'm delighted we scored 5* and you had a great stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon,
Dublin,Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed in one of the Tower suites which had a balcony and table and chairs, lovely in the evening as room faces west. Noticed the suite below us did not. Room was very nice with large bed and seperate sitting area, but housekeeping forgot to empty the ashtray out on the balcony from the last guests which made it feel a little less special. Very handy for city centre and to get to the University and Botanic gdns area, got free parking over weekend at the hotel so left the car and walked around. Set back from the main road and has a water feature and green area in front. Restaurants and bar seemed busy enough with a "black tie" event happening when we stayed. Took about 20-30 mins walk to get to the Titanic museum. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful, supplying maps and advice of local area.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: Special occasion, ask for the second floor Tower suite, both suites have balconys but this one seeme...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review - apologies that it took me a little bit longer to respond. I'm glad you liked the Tower Suite, but I'm sorry we missed tha ash tray - attention to details is a key for us and this is not our usual standard.
I'm glad you liked the hotel overall and look forward to seeing you again.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Cons
1. Bed sheet covering the mattress was about 5 inches too short for the bed so when you pulled the blankets back the actual mattress was visible. I wonder how many pairs of feet had been on the bottom section of that mattress...not very appealing.

2. Bed base valance was too long for the bed and extremely creased.

3. The ironing board provided in the room was very rickety and unstable. It felt like it was going to fall over and the stand for the actual iron was broken.

4. The bathroom had under floor heating which was great but we stayed in the middle of a heat wave and there was no facility to turn the under floor heating off.

5. Air Conditioning wasn't very cooling - again this was in a heat wave.

6. Bar was very unwelcoming. The actual bar looks like it's closed from the foyer. Chairs were uncomfortable.

Pro's
1. Rooms are a nice size and the bed was huge.

2. Reception staff were very helpful.

3. Free parking for guests. Parking in Belfast is quite expensive and I believe other hotels (The Hilton) charge their guests for parking.

4. Breakfast Buffet was well varied and catered for most diets.

5. Hotel location is good. Belfast City is quite small and everything is in walking distance.

Overall I feel that the hotel was not up to it's four star standard. In particular the mattress cover being too short just seemed a bit too unhygienic. This is a basic expectation with any hotel regardless of its star rating. It’s a shame because I probably won’t stay in the hotel again for this reason alone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ciara656
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you very much for your constructive feedback - I'm sorry about the few details missed during your stay - our Housekeeping team does usually great job, but I will definitely find out why a wrong size sheet was fitted on your bed. Please accept my sincere apologies for that - if you stay with us again, I hope all will be 100% - but if not, please do let us know straight away - no matter what time, we are always happy to make things right straight away.
I was happy to see your positive feedback in regards to your stay too and very much hope to see you again soon.
Last point - the airconditioning - we had unusually high temperatures in Belfast last week - it was really nice to see lots of sun, but unfortunately it took a bit longer for the A/Cs to cool the rooms down.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We experienced a number of disappointments at this attractive hotel. The bar was out of Guinness Sunday & Monday. No brewed decaf available at any time Service in both the bar and restaurant was negligent. Restaurant unaccomodating to cardiac patient. AC not functioning. Business center closed on weekend. One day our room was not yet cleaned upon return after lunch. Associated health club was not well maintained: dirty pool & locker room.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm sorry about not having the decaf coffee available in our bar - I have followed up on your comment with my Food & Beverage Manager and will ensure there is always some in stock going forward (the reason for not having this is that there was no demand for it, but I agree with you that it should be available for special requests and this is by no means an excuse for not having that available). The Guiness was really out of our hands as we didn't get our delivery before the weekend - I am really sorry for that - at the same time the LA fitness, which we work with has been contacted straight away - I will meet with their manager this Friday to address your comments. It was very disappointing to for me to see the negative feedback - we trust them to provide a great service to our guests at all time and I felt they let us down on this occassion. If you come to Belfast again, please keep in touch and let me know. I will make sure all is ready for you (including decaf coffee) so you can leave with 100% positive experience.
STIRLING
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

My friends and I have just returned from a wonderful trip to Belfast and the Radisson Blu ticked all the boxes. Staff were friendly and professional...although there was a little mix up with our breakfast package they were quick to apologise. We were able to check in early, the rooms were spacious and clean with a well stocked and expensive mini bar. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. Within walking distance to the centre we will definately be returning to Belfast and the Radisson Blu.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
I'm sorry it took me a bit longer to respond to your review - I was out of the hotel last week and didn't have a chance to log in.
I'm delighted we were the right choice for you and ticked all boxes - especially the positive comments about my team make me really happy.
I hope to see you in our hotel soon.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I found the Radisson Blu Belfast very disappointing from the moment I walked in the doors of the hotel, the reception area is cold and uninviting and a very contemporary feel to it. The bedrooms are large and clean but certainly not of a 4 star standard. The hallways to the bedrooms seriously need upgrading as very bland and dated. The staff were friendly and efficient but breakfast was cold and breakfast area was again very plain and decor again needs updating. A very boring hotel experience, certainly adequate for a nights stay but not a holiday.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you very much for your recent stay and for posting the review. I'm sorry the design of our hotel is not prefered by you - it is very contemporary indeed. I was happy to see that you liked the size of our bedrooms and friendliness of our team.
We are a city centre hotel, although there is quite a few guests spending short holidays in our hotel - because of our location in Belfast city centre our hotel doesn't have the leisure facilities of the resort property - more suitable for longer - holiday stays.
Leading to the summer season, we are now introducing additional family packages to make the short breaks as enjoyable as possible.