“Great hotel fantastic staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel fantastic staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights was original booked to stay in the park inn but was transfer due to overbooking I so glad as hotel was in great location staff were fantastic and really helpful. Room was pure luxury will defintely be staying here next time I visit Belfast

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Firstly, apologies for a short delay with my response to your review - I was out of the office for few days, but now back and really delighted to see that you have had a great time with us and had a chance to experience our hotel! Hope to see you again soon - don't forget to check our website or facebook page for our packages and offers.
Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed here for one night in July 2012.
The hotel itself was fine, with all that you would expect from a decent standard Radisson - spacious room, really comfortable bed, toiletries, minibar, nice TV, nice view (if you get a room overlooking the water-feature at the back of the hotel), very clean. The rooms are equipped with a hairdryer, internet access (wifi and cable provided), kettle/tea/coffee/hot chocolate/biscuit, ice bucket.
The breakfast (self-service) was splendid - so much choice! All traditional english pieces - bacon, eggs, sausage, beans etc, and the full continental options - cereals, toast, muffins, bread varieties, yoghurt, fruit, rice cakes/ryvitta crackers etc with a wide-range of drinks.

My criticisms are slight, and mainly refer to the lack of value for money - you have to pay for parking, and use of the gym (gym entry = £7.00 per person, and is located off-site, but nearby), which I think is a bit stingy when we paid £145 for one night!

The location is pretty decent - 10 minute walk to the centre and relatively close to the airport (taxi cost = £8 from Belfast city airport). However, it's not entirely obvious what is the 'front' of the hotel, owing to the fact that the back of the hotel looks impressive/has the grand water feature. To get to the front of the hotel, you have to drive round the back of it (near the lloyds/banking group building) towards the car park. To get to the city centre, exit out the back of the hotel, take a right at the water feature, cross over the main road, walk town to the holiday inn (on the left) and turn right. This road will lead you directly to the city centre/city hall.

Overall, it's a good hotel, and I'd stay again, but you can probably get better value for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
I'm glad you had a great time with us and in Belfast, thank you very much for your review.
I hope to see you in our hotel again - we have a range of advance purchase rates available, which are a great value as well as various packages available. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly next time you plan to stay in Belfast (Jan.Hanak@RadissonBlu.com) and I am sure we will find the right option for you.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have stayed at this hotel each time I've been in Belfast on business. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The location is ideal for walking about town, with plenty of choices for nearby restaurants. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful - and it is nice to be welcomed back again and again. My experience here as always been positive. The only reason I do not give an excellent rating is there is no fitness facility on site. They do offer a pass (7 euro/day) to a nearby gym...but that doesn't work for me.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review. I'm delighted you always come back to stay in our hotel when in Belfast and really appreciate your loyalty and hope you are member of our Club Carlson programme. I'm sorry about the gym - I understand your point, it is very close by and nice gym, but it would be better to have it on-site. Well it is definitely on my list if investment capital will become available in the future!
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed while attending a conference. Really handy location, close to everything (although Belfast city centre is quite small). My room was large and comfortable, and immaculately clean. Liked the wet room style shower. Road outside was a bit noisy. Breakfast pretty standard.

Room Tip: ask for one that's not on the main road
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank samuraijen
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I hope your meeting was a success. The location of the hotel is very quiet - as there is no main roads around, so I'm sorry it was a bit noisier when you stayed with us - I can assure you it's not the case most of the time. We are upgrading our meeting rooms now and also will be introducing our new meeting and event concept shortly - we are very excited about it and hope that you will be able to experience it soon too!
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stay at this hotel the same weekend every year to attend a women's confrerence with friends in the Waterfront. I always go back to it because of our positive experiences. It is a large, bright, modern building in the revived Gas Works area Business park. You can walk along the tow path to Central Station from it. It is within walking distance of Shaftesbury SQ, Golden Mile,Queen's Universtity, Waterfront Hall and shopping district. At night you may want to return by taxi.

We always book ahead and get a good deal to include breakfast. There is a wide variety on offer and they also cater for individual requests.

Parking is excellent. The price is included in your stay. I can't understand how a previous reviewer mentioned payments as we have never paid extra. Staff are very courteous.

The hotel is an osais of calm from the city. Depending on where you want to go in the city 10-15 mins walk would take you to the centre easily. Rooms are bright, airy and spatious- with all the usual facilities. The bar area has always a few people milling about and service is prompt whether ordering drinks/food. A very relaxing hotel ...we will return

Room Tip: Every room we have had has been great
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It's really great to see that you are coming back to our hotel every year and always enjoy your stay. Thank you very much for your review. On the parking note - it is free on the weekends and included in some packages, but in general chargeable midweeks (£10/night), but it is very handy with our own carpark.
I very much look forward to welcoming you back next year again.
Best regards,
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

My family of five stayed here June 24-27, and we were extremely happy with our stay. I cannot say enough about how friendly, knowledgeable, welcoming, and accommodating every staff member was, especially the front desk. The young woman at the front desk was extremely helpful to us in booking our reservations for bus and Black Taxi Tours and was very knowledgeable about the area in general. We found our rooms to be quite spacious and the beds extremely comfortable, especially the pillows. The weather was cool during our stay, but we appreciated the air conditioning as it was somewhat humid outside. The location is definitely outside of the city center, but it was a short cab ride away from anywhere that we needed to go. My older son and I walked quite a bit, whereas my husband and 2 younger kids utilized cabs more often. We found the Belfast cab drivers to be extremely friendly and helpful, and it was a joy to ride with them and enjoy the conversation and view rather than stress out about driving on the left side of the road! My room was a corner room with a nice view, facing the Gasworks plaza on the left and city and Black Mountain on the right, so were able to see the Eriu is our Queen sign and Irish tricolor on the mountain from our window and hear about it on the news at the same time. We didn't realize when we booked our vacation that our visit to Belfast would coincide with Queen Elizabeth's, so it was kind of cool to know that she was there when we were. We ate a couple of meals at Filini restaurant and Gasworks Bar & Cafe and all five of us enjoyed the food very much. I loved Belfast in general and would love to return in a few years for a vacation. I would definitely stay at the Radisson Blu again and recommend it to anyone visiting Belfast.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I'm delighted you have had a great time with us, liked the hotel and interaction with our team. It's great that you could have stayed during the Queens visit to Belfast. Belfast is suprisingly lively city with lots of events going on (unfortunately the Queen only comes once in a while), but it is definitely worth a visit and I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Derry, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed at this hotel on the 12th of July, It was just perfect the reception staff were great and very welcoming and so helpful.Room was very nice and we had a great nights sleep.Breakfast was not included in our cost but we had paid extra and there was a great selection. We thought it was great value as we paid just over £110 all in,but next time i would include breakfast as it can be a bit expensive to buy alone. Car parking cost aprox £10.00.

Would stay here again and its in the heart of Belfast great location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Ann,
Thank you very much for your stay and for sharing your review with other travellers. It's nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us - liked our breakfast and staff. We have quite a few packages available (some including breakfast and the midweek carpark as well; otherwise carpark is free on weekends), so please do not hesitate to contact me or our reservations prior to your next visit to Belfast. We will be happy to find the right package for you. We also do promotions on our facebook page time to time.