“£201 for 3 nights: we paid well in advance and got a bargain”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Liverpool
“£201 for 3 nights: we paid well in advance and got a bargain”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This hotel chain has always been beyond our financial reach. When we were planning a trip to Belfast, I checked the Premier Inn, Ibis, Holiday Inn and various others. Then I went to the Radisson website and tried this place - and paid budget hotel prices for a weekend stay.

It's 5 minutes or so from the city centre. It occupies a former gasworks - quite an impressive building in the middle of a little park. The location means there's no outside noise.

Rooms are extremely comfortable, clean and well appointed.

Belfast is a great city - a good place for a break, and an essential stop on any tour of Ireland. To be honest - we liked it more than Dublin or Cork.

Listen - budget hotels are fine. But if you want somewhere special and are prepared to pay in advance then this hotel will probably cost you little more. Go on - compare the prices now and it's likely you'll be surprised.

We're coming back to Northern Ireland next year and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
I'm glad you took advantage of our advance purchase - these rates are absolutely great if booked in advance giving up to 20% discount on our best available unrestricted rates. I would also recomment do follow us on Facebook as we like to post special offers and discount s for our facebook fans as well.
I look forward to welcoming you back next year again!
Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

stayed here for one night double room, room was lovely, clean! service at reception & the bar was perfect! rooms are basic but very nice would def go back!! ideal for a night away! only thing is the car parking was quite pricey for one night!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review - I'm delighted we will be a hotel of your choice when coming to Belfast again. I'm sorry you felt the charge for carparking was high - unfortunately we can not provide it complimentary midweek, but hope that the 50% discount - bringing the daily charge just below £10 a night is still a good value for money - I can assure you it is still one of the best offers from city centre hotels in Belfast. If you will stay with us again, do not forget to ask about our loyality card - Club Carlson (valid in all Radisson hotels worldwide) to collect points for every stay and avail discount in our restaurant and other benefits.
Ile-de-France, France
Reviewed 23 August 2012

There is nothing much to say about this. Excellent service, clean rooms, helpful staff. The reason I give it only 4 stars is that there is nothing else around it. Breakfast was included in the price and there was a good selection of both continental and trad Irish.

1 Thank Caroline A
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Lovely review - thank you very much, I'm glad you have had a great time with us. Although it is a short walk to the city centre (not more than 5-10 mins though) I hope it is compensated by the quiet surroundings and carparking available right at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.
Jan Hanak
Lucan, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Upon Arrival: Hotel was very well kept from the outside, free monitored car parking on the weekends (and cheap parking midweek). The hotel looked very well, the desk was manned by a very friendly guy who greeted us and directed us to our room after a very quick check in. The reception area is very nice, modern, relaxing and comfortable. We stayed on the first floor, room 115. Our floor had an ice machine which I would use myself. The room was very spacious, modern, nice flast screen t.v. with lots of stations, the view unfortunately was of the roof of the extension, however, I hadn't intended on sitting looking out at it. The bathroom was clean and very well decorated and the bed .. quite possibly the best sleep I have had in a long time ! When we went out the evening, the lad on the desk was only too happy to call a cab and have us looked after. Upon our return, he was then in the bar, he again looked after drinks, made us comfortable and gave us free nuts, It's the little touches. The next morning we went for breakfast in the restaurant downstairs which was being served until 10 a.m. we arrived at 9.45 and there were no eggs, a huge amount of sausages, no hash browns left, a handful of bacon but a large amount of cereals and Continental breakfast pieces, as great as I thought that was, I really wanted a fried / cooked breakfast and I was annoyed after such a great evening before and the money I spent on the stay that this is what I was having for breakfast as they were tidying up .. 15 minutes before breakfast was to end. It really fell short of the quality and level of service that Radisson blu convey.

Overall: an exceptional stay in a lovely hotel in a beautiful city. The staff did all they could to help namely the lad, seemingly a manager, who was chirpy and professional. Fantastic overall .. but, as a man who loves his breakfast, the breakfast disappointed considering I spent €180 on the room for one night !

Room Tip: All of the rooms are absolutely fantastic .. some of the best I've seen 'as standard'...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review - I'm delighted we scored 5*. Please accept my apologies for the breakfast - it is usually the other way around, we keep it open until close to 11am (breakfast finishes at 10.30am) and have followed your comments up with my restaurant team - breakfast is really important for us - we want our guests to start the day right!
I look forward to welcome you back again and please do not hesitate to ask for me directly in the hotel, if there is anything I can fix.
Jan Hanak
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayeyed here last weekend and having Stayed in many of the major brands and this is the best so far , rooms spotless and big with modern features of a 5 star. Breakfast was fantastic , speciality breads like Wheaton and full English with good local quality ingredients , unheard of in the like of premier inn and the other big boys .Only downside is if you want to get into the main city area of Belfast then it's a bit of a walk , we hired a car from the airport and it meant you could go anywhere at at any time .Onky a 10 minute drive from airport to hotel and 5 minute to titanic museum .Highly recommend this hotel to anybody that wants an excellent stay without paying over the oodds .

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review - it's great to see that we ticked all boxes for you, with breakfast and overall value for money.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Donegal
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed one night with 2 children and had a very enjoyable time. Room lovely, clean, breakfast fantastic. Restaurant heavily booked for dinner on the night and staff arranged for us to go to the park inn hotel for dinner. Dinner there and staff were excellent. I would like to congratulate the manager and bar man we met in the radisson for the way they dealt so professionally with this arrangement. We would love to stay again and hope to next time we visit Belfast.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your time and for posting the review - I'm really glad you and your family have had a great time with us and enjoyed your break in Belfast. The Filini restaurant got extremely busy lately - I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you when you stayed with us, but glad you used our RBG restaurant in the sister hotel Park Inn by Radisson. Hopefully next time it won't be as busy, or we can always make a booking for you in advance to avoid disappointment.
Ireland
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here as one of 2 couples with children between 8 and 12 and we really enjoyed the hotel. Check in was quick and staff polite. The rooms were spotless, there was a proper coffee machine and a decent sized LCD TV - and the free wired internet was a bonus. The restaurant menu is Italian and very good (service also very good), the breakfast buffet was excellent and the bar had a decent selection of drinks available. There is a free carpark and it is a short walk to the city centre - but a long walk to the Titanic exhibition! All in all an excellent hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
I'm really happy you, your family and friends have enjoyed your stay with us. The family rooms you stayed in are in the business class category and the Nespresso machine, together with extra space and other additions (such as complimentary movies, access to LA fitness) is a great feature of these rooms. It's great to see that these extra amenities made your stay even more comfortable.
Best wishes and see you again soon,