“Central Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel, in a double room. The hotel is fairly central, and our room was clean and quite large. The staff were also helpful, allowing us to check-in one hour early.

Note there is not much around the hotel, however the city center is about a 10 minute walk away.

We had a few issues during our stay, which is why I have rated the hotel as average. The wardrobe in our room was missing its doors (the fittings were still attached to the floor and ceiling) and we found the pillows/duvet a bit uncomfortable. In addition, our room was opposite service lifts (and possibly a storage room), so there was quite a lot of early morning noise from room service/housekeeping.

I would stay here again if the rates are as reasonable as my most recent visit, however I will probably try some other nearby hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay with us, I'm glad you have liked the location of our hotel, found the room spacious and had also nice interaction with our staff. I will follow up on your comment regarding the noise with our housekeeping team - although they don't start until 8.30am in the morning, of course the team should be extra careful not to make any excessive noise any time during the day. I'm not aware of any missing wardrobe door - but will investigate this further. If you choose to stay with us again, please let me know - I will make sure we allocate your room away from the service lift entrance.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at the radisson blu for 4 nights between 24/8 and 28/8. We had booked online and took advantage of the option of an e-upgrade. We had selected if it was available at check-in to take the upgrade from a business room to a tower suite and pay a minimal charge for the 4 nights. To my delight this was available when we checked in and the room did not disappoint. Very spacious with a balcony and huge comfortable bed. Large modern bathroom with a heated floor and a good sized seating area. The room and hotel were kept spotless and the reception staff were very helpful. The breakfast had something for everyone and was very tasty with polite and helpful waiting staff. The hotel is a good 5-10mins walk from the city centre and is in the old gasworks area which helps to keep city noise down. This was our first trip to belfast and will defo be back to do some more exploring of this vibrant city and would have no hesitation of staying at the Blu again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DebbieL987

I'm delighted you have had a great stay with us and it's really great to see that you have picked up our upgrade offer - which is available when booked directly through our website and confirmed on arrival subject to availability.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu!

Reviewed 25 August 2012

This hotel chain has always been beyond our financial reach. When we were planning a trip to Belfast, I checked the Premier Inn, Ibis, Holiday Inn and various others. Then I went to the Radisson website and tried this place - and paid budget hotel prices for a weekend stay.

It's 5 minutes or so from the city centre. It occupies a former gasworks - quite an impressive building in the middle of a little park. The location means there's no outside noise.

Rooms are extremely comfortable, clean and well appointed.

Belfast is a great city - a good place for a break, and an essential stop on any tour of Ireland. To be honest - we liked it more than Dublin or Cork.

Listen - budget hotels are fine. But if you want somewhere special and are prepared to pay in advance then this hotel will probably cost you little more. Go on - compare the prices now and it's likely you'll be surprised.

We're coming back to Northern Ireland next year and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

I'm glad you took advantage of our advance purchase - these rates are absolutely great if booked in advance giving up to 20% discount on our best available unrestricted rates. I would also recomment do follow us on Facebook as we like to post special offers and discount s for our facebook fans as well.
I look forward to welcoming you back next year again!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

stayed here for one night double room, room was lovely, clean! service at reception & the bar was perfect! rooms are basic but very nice would def go back!! ideal for a night away! only thing is the car parking was quite pricey for one night!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review - I'm delighted we will be a hotel of your choice when coming to Belfast again. I'm sorry you felt the charge for carparking was high - unfortunately we can not provide it complimentary midweek, but hope that the 50% discount - bringing the daily charge just below £10 a night is still a good value for money - I can assure you it is still one of the best offers from city centre hotels in Belfast. If you will stay with us again, do not forget to ask about our loyality card - Club Carlson (valid in all Radisson hotels worldwide) to collect points for every stay and avail discount in our restaurant and other benefits.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

There is nothing much to say about this. Excellent service, clean rooms, helpful staff. The reason I give it only 4 stars is that there is nothing else around it. Breakfast was included in the price and there was a good selection of both continental and trad Irish.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline A
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Lovely review - thank you very much, I'm glad you have had a great time with us. Although it is a short walk to the city centre (not more than 5-10 mins though) I hope it is compensated by the quiet surroundings and carparking available right at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.
Jan Hanak

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Upon Arrival: Hotel was very well kept from the outside, free monitored car parking on the weekends (and cheap parking midweek). The hotel looked very well, the desk was manned by a very friendly guy who greeted us and directed us to our room after a very quick check in. The reception area is very nice, modern, relaxing and comfortable. We stayed on the first floor, room 115. Our floor had an ice machine which I would use myself. The room was very spacious, modern, nice flast screen t.v. with lots of stations, the view unfortunately was of the roof of the extension, however, I hadn't intended on sitting looking out at it. The bathroom was clean and very well decorated and the bed .. quite possibly the best sleep I have had in a long time ! When we went out the evening, the lad on the desk was only too happy to call a cab and have us looked after. Upon our return, he was then in the bar, he again looked after drinks, made us comfortable and gave us free nuts, It's the little touches. The next morning we went for breakfast in the restaurant downstairs which was being served until 10 a.m. we arrived at 9.45 and there were no eggs, a huge amount of sausages, no hash browns left, a handful of bacon but a large amount of cereals and Continental breakfast pieces, as great as I thought that was, I really wanted a fried / cooked breakfast and I was annoyed after such a great evening before and the money I spent on the stay that this is what I was having for breakfast as they were tidying up .. 15 minutes before breakfast was to end. It really fell short of the quality and level of service that Radisson blu convey.

Overall: an exceptional stay in a lovely hotel in a beautiful city. The staff did all they could to help namely the lad, seemingly a manager, who was chirpy and professional. Fantastic overall .. but, as a man who loves his breakfast, the breakfast disappointed considering I spent €180 on the room for one night !

Room Tip: All of the rooms are absolutely fantastic .. some of the best I've seen 'as standard'...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review - I'm delighted we scored 5*. Please accept my apologies for the breakfast - it is usually the other way around, we keep it open until close to 11am (breakfast finishes at 10.30am) and have followed your comments up with my restaurant team - breakfast is really important for us - we want our guests to start the day right!
I look forward to welcome you back again and please do not hesitate to ask for me directly in the hotel, if there is anything I can fix.
Jan Hanak

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayeyed here last weekend and having Stayed in many of the major brands and this is the best so far , rooms spotless and big with modern features of a 5 star. Breakfast was fantastic , speciality breads like Wheaton and full English with good local quality ingredients , unheard of in the like of premier inn and the other big boys .Only downside is if you want to get into the main city area of Belfast then it's a bit of a walk , we hired a car from the airport and it meant you could go anywhere at at any time .Onky a 10 minute drive from airport to hotel and 5 minute to titanic museum .Highly recommend this hotel to anybody that wants an excellent stay without paying over the oodds .

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review - it's great to see that we ticked all boxes for you, with breakfast and overall value for money.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.