“Overnight Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Overnight Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Late booking here for an overnight (Sunday) stay. Place is clean and modern with funky decor.
Some nice touches like WIFI and Ice machines. Free parking is a bonus - although walking into city centre is but further than first anticipated. Didnt try restaurant as wanted to see what the City could offer. Bar was v quiet when we returned - recommend find a pub within walking distance instead. Booked room only and breakfast menu looked steep so went found great little place just 5 mins walk away. Been 10 yrs since we were out and about in Belfast and great to see the improvements to the old place - great night out.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you very much for your review - I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay and like our hotel and the little extras we offer. I've been living in Belfast for three years now and even for me it is amazing to see how the city changes and develops all the time - it's a great tourist spot with all the attractions, shopping and restaurants and we are proud to be part of that.
I look forward to welcoming you back again.
Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Blu for two nights at the end of August. It was an ideal location for us, close walking distance to the city centre and to the train station.

It was very late evening by the time we arrived and I was glad to see a smiling face awaiting me at the reception as I walked in and the check-in was super quick and then I was at my room in no time.

Our room on the seventh floor was very spacious indeed and so clean, the fixtures and fittings all seemed new, the view of Belfast was great, I never thought we could spend so much time looking out of a hotel window! Having an ice machine on the corridor was great.

The hotel, which we were told whilst we were there was fully booked over those days, however it was nice and quiet no noise from other rooms and the staff were most attentive to our needs – little things like the complimentary use of an umbrella when its about to rain goes a long way with me!

Lovely spacious lobby and bar area – the bar tender that served us was very dutiful and was most welcoming. All the tables were clean in the bar area.

There is nothing negative that I can say about this hotel. The only down side was that the corridor of the top floor was very warm once you came out of the lift, which you were only in for a brief time but it made us appreciate how effective and quiet the air conditioning in the room was.

I am unable to comment on food or breakfast in the hotel as we had alternate plans for dining, but the room service menu seemed reasonably priced.

I would be more than happy to recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
What a great review - I'm really glad our hotel was the perfect base for you during your stay in Belfast. Hope to see you again soon and thank you!
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012 via mobile

Convenient for Belfast, flat 10 min walk in to centre.
Moden, Clean, comfortable rooms, very attentive staff, would highly recommend.
Ideal base for exploring Belfast City centre.
Food decent as well.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you very much for your review - I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay and our team made all the difference. I look forward to welcoming you back to Belfast and our hotel soon,
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel last night and it was lovely. The rooms are spacious and the modern decor is very pleasant. Any staff we encountered were very helpful and the breakfast was to die for. Great selection of fresh, tasty food. Unfortunately our bedroom had a horrible smell when we arrived. We didnt stay in the room long until we headed into town so thought the smell might have gone by the time we returned. Unfortunately it hadnt and it meant for a not too pleasant nights sleep. I reported it to reception when we were checking out but no compensation was offered. Otherwise this hotel ticked all the boxes and is one of the best ive stayed in in belfast.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I'm really sorry about the smell in your room - I honestly have not received similar feedback in the past (since all bedrooms are air-conditioned and windows can be opened as well) and will investigate this with my housekeeping team. I'm happy you you still given us high score and liked the hotel and our team - if you would like to get in touch and send me more details in regards to your stay - my email is Jan.Hanak@RadissonBlu.com - or if you plan another visit in Belfast, it will be my pleasure to look after your booking.
Yours sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Me and my boyfriend flew to Belfast for 3 days to see the Foo Fighters concert. We both enjoyed staying at the Radisson, the room was spacious, bathroom very clean and functional.We ordered room service late night, the food was very tasty and we actually had a laugh thinking that the ham is tastier in Belfast than in London!Breakfast was nice there was a good selection. The thing that we most appreciated was the Reception and Bar staff!They were all trying to engage a conversation with us, always smiling and ready to help.Unfortunately I don't know his name, but there was a young, tall irish guy at the bar very very friendly.We did not see much of Belfast as we only went to the concert, so there is not much I can say about the city but hey the taxi drivers are super chatty!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your commments - I'm glad you have had a great time with us and enjoyed Belfast on your short visit. I hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel, in a double room. The hotel is fairly central, and our room was clean and quite large. The staff were also helpful, allowing us to check-in one hour early.

Note there is not much around the hotel, however the city center is about a 10 minute walk away.

We had a few issues during our stay, which is why I have rated the hotel as average. The wardrobe in our room was missing its doors (the fittings were still attached to the floor and ceiling) and we found the pillows/duvet a bit uncomfortable. In addition, our room was opposite service lifts (and possibly a storage room), so there was quite a lot of early morning noise from room service/housekeeping.

I would stay here again if the rates are as reasonable as my most recent visit, however I will probably try some other nearby hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thank you very much for your review and recent stay with us, I'm glad you have liked the location of our hotel, found the room spacious and had also nice interaction with our staff. I will follow up on your comment regarding the noise with our housekeeping team - although they don't start until 8.30am in the morning, of course the team should be extra careful not to make any excessive noise any time during the day. I'm not aware of any missing wardrobe door - but will investigate this further. If you choose to stay with us again, please let me know - I will make sure we allocate your room away from the service lift entrance.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at the radisson blu for 4 nights between 24/8 and 28/8. We had booked online and took advantage of the option of an e-upgrade. We had selected if it was available at check-in to take the upgrade from a business room to a tower suite and pay a minimal charge for the 4 nights. To my delight this was available when we checked in and the room did not disappoint. Very spacious with a balcony and huge comfortable bed. Large modern bathroom with a heated floor and a good sized seating area. The room and hotel were kept spotless and the reception staff were very helpful. The breakfast had something for everyone and was very tasty with polite and helpful waiting staff. The hotel is a good 5-10mins walk from the city centre and is in the old gasworks area which helps to keep city noise down. This was our first trip to belfast and will defo be back to do some more exploring of this vibrant city and would have no hesitation of staying at the Blu again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank DebbieL987
I'm delighted you have had a great stay with us and it's really great to see that you have picked up our upgrade offer - which is available when booked directly through our website and confirmed on arrival subject to availability.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu!
Best wishes,